Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
May 9, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #1,321 of 1,457
There is one thing other than size that N8ii can't beat PAW6000 is the PEQ, no contest there:relaxed:
True! Even though I, personally, don't care about EQ one bit.

Reason being my experience with the Audeze LCD-i4 and LCD-i3 and sitting down for a listen without the cipher lightning cable :D

May 9, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #1,322 of 1,457
True! Even though I, personally, don't care about EQ one bit.

Reason being my experience with the Audeze LCD-i4 and LCD-i3 and sitting down for a listen without the cipher lightning cable :D
I had i3 and i20, they definitely need EQ. Most of the Audeze headphones need EQ:smiley: IMO. Lotoo PEQ really helps in these cases.

May 9, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #1,323 of 1,457
I had i3 and i20, they definitely need EQ. Most of the Audeze headphones need EQ:smiley: IMO. Lotoo PEQ really helps in these cases.
I only ended up using the cipher cables. As a rule, I no longer buy a headphone or IEM that needs EQ.
It has to work out of the box :p

May 9, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,324 of 1,457
After a long, long time on the sidelines, I finally decided to give the LP6K a go after rereading @twister6 insightful review (namely how close it comes to LPGT);
It also came highly recommended by the folks in my audio circle as a small unit that punches way above its weight in sound quality.

The unit I ordered from @MusicTeck arrived in record time as usual- thanks Andrew- and has been sounding great out of the box.
While I wasn't expecting a Cayin N8ii level of power, the little unit has exceeded my already high expectations. It had no problem driving my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu to a satisfactory level and makes the MMR Thummim sing.

It also boots up in a matter of seconds and feels lightning quick to handle.

All in all, this has been one hell of a purchase- small footprint, long battery life, excellent performance and great sound with the Thummim. I still reach for the N8ii when at home as it trumps the LP6K in sound quality and has streaming but the little guy is just hard to beat for use outside.

This is my first purchase of a Lotoo product but definitely won't be the last!
Can anyone recommend a slim silicone case- the stock leather case is excellent but adds quite a bit of bulk to the package. Cheers!
NYanakiev

Nice to see another person enjoy the P6K as much as the N8ii

I went the other way, started with the P6K and recently purchased the N8ii.
I really enjoy my P6K, and when put into the variable line-out into the Cayin C9 IMO, it beats the N8ii in many ways except portability
The N8ii has its merits and does to me have an edge over the P6K but not by much.
And because of this, I can't in good conscious let the P6K go.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks this way.

Enjoy your P6K!

May 10, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #1,325 of 1,457
NYanakiev

Nice to see another person enjoy the P6K as much as the N8ii

I went the other way, started with the P6K and recently purchased the N8ii.
I really enjoy my P6K, and when put into the variable line-out into the Cayin C9 IMO, it beats the N8ii in many ways except portability
The N8ii has its merits and does to me have an edge over the P6K but not by much.
And because of this, I can't in good conscious let the P6K go.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks this way.

Enjoy your P6K!
Hehe, good to see you on here as well. The P6K is just excellent for my use case ie on the go use.
It is super portable and responsive and, while it doesn't sound in the same league as the N8ii, it doesn't have to.

The two are totally different offerings with one being entirely offline playback focussed.
I do think that they complement each other nicely and plan to keep both.

May 10, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,326 of 1,457
Hehe, good to see you on here as well. The P6K is just excellent for my use case ie on the go use.
It is super portable and responsive and, while it doesn't sound in the same league as the N8ii, it doesn't have to.

The two are totally different offerings with one being entirely offline playback focussed.
I do think that they complement each other nicely and plan to keep both.
NYanakiev:

Agree with you 100% and looking to do the EXACT same thing!
Glad to see my thoughts were not out in the Ether about both

Just a FYI
The P6K allows for Variable Line Out. Essentially its a preamp to any good line in amp, handling all the volume functions allowing an amp to be well just an amp.
Again and just IMO, the P6K in this mode going into a Cayin C9 using its "Pre" input mode, bypassing the volume control is some of the cleanest sound I've used to date, and testing now but first thoughts are even better than the N8ii in both Line Out and native mode in both P/P+ Tubes Class A/AB mode.
If you get a chance give it a try. Think you will be pleasantly suprised

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #1,327 of 1,457
I just updated my pk6 and i cant find 2/3 of my music on my sdcard, has this happened to anyone before

I check the drive and the space is taken up but the files are hidden somewhere

May 17, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #1,328 of 1,457
I just updated my pk6 and i cant find 2/3 of my music on my sdcard, has this happened to anyone before

I check the drive and the space is taken up but the files are hidden somewhere
That is strange indeed. Have you tried to remove the sd card, start the player, shut down the player, reinsert the sd card and restart the player again? If that doesn’t help, I would check the sd card in your PC and assess from there, if the card and content is fine, reset the device and retry.

May 28, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #1,329 of 1,457
PAW 6000 listed in classifieds :wink:

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #1,330 of 1,457
Dang, this is one fine souding, snappy UI, cool DAP! Loving it a lot! Album art is fine so far, no issues at all but I will have to update the file names of some older albums I own. I already use m3tag and I've seen someone giving the command line to update the filenames so I will do. I do have a few questions on USB DAC function though since I noted stuff I'm not really familiar to:

On my Android Razer Phone 2:
If I use the supplied Lotoo USB A to C cable with an AQ USB A to C adapter connected to my Razer Phone 2, I get the proper USB connected device prompt menu with 4 options and can get the USB DAC to work perfectly.
If I use a USB C to C cable I already had, this one from Amazon, I get a different prompt: USB audio mode, "ok" or "cancel", it starts to charge my phone (noooo!) and when I select "ok", it gives me an error after a short wait. I knew cable mattered but that much? Someone knows what is causing this in the cable and which cable to get that behaves like the lotoo supplied one?

On my iPad 8th gen:
I use the supplied lightning to USB C cable and I ge the same USB audio mode prompt and the error after a short wait after I press "ok". I know the situation with the MFi certified devices and the "camera kit" but still strange that the Apple supplied cable doesn't gives me the proper USB DAC mode prompt...

Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks!
Hello did you solve the connection problem with the ipad? I have same error…

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #1,331 of 1,457
Hello did you solve the connection problem with the ipad? I have same error…

I did yes but it was frustrating. I ended up using the Apple « camera kit » which is a lightning to usb adpater really with the lotoo supplied usb cable. They make cables that don’t require it but they have been all but stable so I gave up and use the Apple adapter for those rare situations.

Lotoo makes one I think but even the Paw S1 lightning to USB C mini cable works went it want to and that is not often.

Edit: looks like Lotoo made a version 2 of the cable available in 2 lengths: https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...s2-type-c-to-lightning?variant=39593419210814

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #1,332 of 1,457
I did yes but it was frustrating. I ended up using the Apple « camera kit » which is a lightning to usb adpater really with the lotoo supplied usb cable. They make cables that don’t require it but they have been all but stable so I gave up and use the Apple adapter for those rare situations.

Lotoo makes one I think but even the Paw S1 lightning to USB C mini cable works went it want to and that is not often.
Hmmm. Im using c to c and c to 8pin for my ipad and iphone but it keeps appearing audio usb which says cancel & yes, but when i tap yes, it doesnt pop up any usb mode page.

I would need to solve by myself… thanks

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #1,333 of 1,457
Hmmm. Im using c to c and c to 8pin for my ipad and iphone but it keeps appearing audio usb which says cancel & yes, but when i tap yes, it doesnt pop up any usb mode page.

I would need to solve by myself… thanks

I linked a cable that might works above but the camera kit works fine. If you get a prompt about a USB device plugged in on the iPad, then the iPad/IOS link with the plugged device is incorrect for the intended purpose with the LP6K. When the link works, iPad says nothing and the LP6K gets the USB menu with the 4 options instead and it works. It has to do with how Apple implemented the port connectivity on IOS devices. So annoying.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #1,334 of 1,457
I linked a cable that might works above but the camera kit works fine. If you get a prompt about a USB device plugged in on the iPad, then the iPad/IOS link with the plugged device is incorrect for the intended purpose with the LP6K. When the link works, iPad says nothing and the LP6K gets the USB menu with the 4 options instead and it works. It has to do with how Apple implemented the port connectivity on IOS devices. So annoying.
Oh now i understand. On my pc, pw6k works fine but not on my ipad. Do you have any recommendation to solve this? Should i change the cable?

Thanks in advance

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,335 of 1,457
Oh now i understand. On my pc, pw6k works fine but not on my ipad. Do you have any recommendation to solve this? Should i change the cable?

Thanks in advance
Well if you want a solution that always works with most usb cables, get the Apple camera connection kit (CCK). There are 2 so get the one you like most. While it is an extra dongle, it will allow you to connect many things to your iPad that normally wouldn’t work so it is useful to have anyway.

There are cables that exists with the MFI certification that supposedly work without the CCK but I had bad results with the 3 or 4 I tried, even the old Lotoo one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back