Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #856 of 889
Hello

I'm looking for the lastest firmware for the PAW 5000 MK1.
My version is 6.0.1.7 and I installed from a firmware file called "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.7_EN"

Now there is a version 6.0.1.14 on the website called "PAW5000_AP_6.1.0.14".
See link
Does anybody know, wether this file has also the english menu or only chinese?
Does anybody already installed it?

Don't want to upgrade to an all chinese player :)

Regards

Steffen

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #857 of 889
Hello

I'm looking for the lastest firmware for the PAW 5000 MK1.
My version is 6.0.1.7 and I installed from a firmware file called "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.7_EN"

Now there is a version 6.0.1.14 on the website called "PAW5000_AP_6.1.0.14".
See link
Does anybody know, wether this file has also the english menu or only chinese?
Does anybody already installed it?

Don't want to upgrade to an all chinese player :)

Regards

Steffen
Using it now. It has both English and Chinese as always. No worry... :)

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #859 of 889
Hello JayceOoi

Thank you for the Info.
As I said the last update to .7 was in a time where there were explicit EN Firmware versions.
So the .14 is the first for me from the "multi language" versions.
Just updated it 15 min ago and it works like a charm.

I still like this little player and now that i had it in hand, I will use it more often in the next time.

It's like with many things. Sometimes the highest end is not the most used gear in your possesion, because it is too cumbersome to lug arround.
The best music is the music that's with you in your life.

Regards Steffen

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #863 of 889
Just a quick question. Read thru most of the thread regarding mkii.

Any comparison between LP5K and LP5KMKii?

i should be getting mkii perhaps around next week and already have the original one...however im absolutely certain that mkii is waay better than the original, as it actually has legit DAC and AMP section..which the first one lacked and just used chip.
also it seems mkii is in the same league as opus#1 if not better( in terms of SQ of course)

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #866 of 889
Considering getting the mkii and have a question on folder navigation. If I have album folders under each artist folder, can I shuffle all tracks by an artist, or is it only possible to shuffle play within one album?

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #867 of 889
Considering getting the mkii and have a question on folder navigation. If I have album folders under each artist folder, can I shuffle all tracks by an artist, or is it only possible to shuffle play within one album?
You can, but there's a "trick" : you go to the folder you're interested in (artist, in this case), you add the whole folder to a list "on the fly" (that also adds the subfolders), and then you play the list

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back