Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #662 of 889
Thank you. Is this is the preferred connection for best quality listening?
Thank you. Is this is the preferred connection for best quality listening?

It is my preferred connection. I like the mojo DAC but I love the paw5000 as a source. Optical is the only way to connect the two. You could use a standard optical cable but sysconcept make quality, aesthetically pleasing cables.which will allow up to 24/192 playback (paw limited to 24/96 but still great).

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #663 of 889
It is my preferred connection. I like the mojo DAC but I love the paw5000 as a source. Optical is the only way to connect the two. You could use a standard optical cable but sysconcept make quality, aesthetically pleasing cables.which will allow up to 24/192 playback (paw limited to 24/96 but still great).

OK, thank you. Did you do much research in purchasing your dacamp? I ask because I want to find a similar form factor to the 5000 size.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #664 of 889
OK, thank you. Did you do much research in purchasing your dacamp? I ask because I want to find a similar form factor to the 5000 size.

Actually it was the other way around. I had the mojo but wanted a source, I had seen the paw5000 at canjam last year and luckily it was the right size. I love the interface .

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #666 of 889
Is there an English Lotoo website? When visiting http://www.lotoo.cn and selecting English about twenty English words are added to the site yet all menus are in Chinese.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #667 of 889
Is there an English Lotoo website? When visiting http://www.lotoo.cn and selecting English about twenty English words are added to the site yet all menus are in Chinese.

No kidding... a few weeks ago I landed on a page with all of the various firmware revisions for China, Japan, and English versions (perhaps others) as well as a FAQ and manual. Seems to have disappeared...

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #668 of 889

Can you provide some feedback on the PAW 5000 scroll wheel, is it loose or is it more firm, notched? I returned my N5 because it was so loose the selections jumped all over the place, otherwise it was a good player.

Scroll wheel is firm... no wobble!

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #670 of 889
No kidding... a few weeks ago I landed on a page with all of the various firmware revisions for China, Japan, and English versions (perhaps others) as well as a FAQ and manual. Seems to have disappeared...

hmmm, then probably not this UK site: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/lotoo-paw-gold-portable-digital-reference-level-audio-player.html

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #672 of 889
I have been there but the page I was referring to was on the Lotoo Chinese site... The mothership as it were...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I figured. If you re-find the link please post it....sounds like a good one.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #673 of 889
  the cradle works perfectly when i want to add an amp to the mix...

totally forgot about this cradle when i purchased this but it gave me the flexibility for both stand-alone dap (no exposed velcro) and clean stack (no rubber bands)
beerchug.gif

What amp is in the bottom picture...the one with the square sides and about the exact size of the 5000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back