Looking for new bass headphones
Jul 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #16 of 54
Look around man you can get them cheaper...depends on whether or not you think buying headphones from an amazon user who has only 1 rating is sketchy or not, if not there is a pair on amazon for like 310. But the d5ks will probably not disappoint, I would just think twice if you are gonna wear them around, the denons are cumbersome as **** and the cable is long enough to moor a ******* pirate ship with

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 54
Wow, few days ago the pro 900s were near 350 on amazon if I remember correctly, now they're back up to 550 :/

Can still find them for around that on ebay, I'm sure.

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #18 of 54
^ yeah saw that, things fluctuate week by week...i got mine for 400...turns out they were like a lemon or something and the driver busted but they repaired them free and sent them back post haste

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #19 of 54
Have you thought about Grados? I hear they do really well with rock and metal. I'm not sure about the other genres, though. You may also want to invest in some kind of amp/DAC down the road, maybe something like a Fiio E17?

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 54
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box?  I listen to mostly hip hop, alternative/rock, remixes.  I want to be as portable as can be for 18 hr overseas flights and traveling.  I'm not an audiophile so I don't need to squeeze every last bit out of my phones with extra amps, etc.  Just want something that I can fold up and away, something that I can plug and play, and nod my head to.  Will use them for movies as well.

The thing about the DT770 Pros are that they are Princess Leia HUGE and do not fold.  So, those are a little out of my radar.  Plus, as far as I've heard, you really need an amp to enjoy these cans cuz out of the box listening doesn't do them justice.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #22 of 54
Quote:
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box? 

The Ultrasone 780 is very portable, and folds, and is driven very well without an amp. Can't speak to the DT770, but Ultrasone over M50 for sure, in my opinion. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #25 of 54
Quote:
no ultrasones I keep having problems while I keep enjoying the **** out of my denon d2000s and I listen to ALOT of bass heavy music and loud

??
Problems?

The D2000's are definitely outside of the stated budget. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #27 of 54
+1 for Ultrasones

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #28 of 54
Quote:
What I meant by my budget is I'd like to keep it below $250 but I'll spend up to $600 if it's really worth it. It seems like spending that extra cash does pay off so I've been leaning towards the D5000's.

Nice, yeah, the D5000's will rock it man. Thanks for the clarification. Make sure you get a little something to drive them with though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back