looking for first good headphones around $150
Jul 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #17 of 44
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.

The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 44
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.

To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 44
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #24 of 44
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):

* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...

* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )

Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp

Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently

* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !

* = What i would love to have :)

Hv fun dude !

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 44
I can vouch for the sound quality on the Aviators. A very, very nice headphone, considering Skullcandy's track record. But as stated, they don't isolate very well.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #28 of 44
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #29 of 44
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25SP-Stereo-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000TDXPSC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #30 of 44
Quote:
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better

I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.

If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back