Looking for 'entry level' desktop DAC between 100$-200$
Mar 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 19
I must confess that I'm leaning more towards a soundcard solution, since this would also make me be able to take advantage of the virtual surround for games, as I do play quite some of those :p .

After reading the reviews on amazon, I'm leaning more towards one of the Asus xonar cards. In which case would I get most bang for my buck?

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #17 of 19
For me, games with surround (EAX,dolby) and voiping are so so secondary things. It depends which is more important to you, music or other stuff. If it`s music, I would still consider external dac/amp. Personally, don`t give a fcuk about surround etc.  

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
I most confess that I'm leaning more towards a soundcard solution, since this would also make me be able to take advantage of the virtual surround for games, as I do play quite some of those :p .

After reading the reviews on amazon, I'm leaning more towards one of the Asus xonar cards. In which case would I get most bang for my buck?

The Asus cards are good too, do a search on here for Asus Essence, there are some reviews, that card is quite a bit more money but people seem to agree it is probably the top, or one of the top, sound cards you can buy. Some people have some issues with the drivers for some of their cards, but it is hard to say if you would or not. Bottom line...both are real good cards.

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #19 of 19
Yep. Asus Xonar Essence ST or STX depending on your computer. If you don't have any plan to use portable devices for traveling, PC sound card is a good choice with your budget. Moreover, you can use it for gaming, movie, not only music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back