Looking for advice on new headphone purchase
Nov 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
Superlux hd660, dont take any notice that im selling a set (i have 2 and am keeping one), they are absolutley brilliant and have caused me to dispatch a ton of gear, combine these with some aftermarket pads for an extra £10 and I cant think of anything better for under £100.   The will last forever and and are tuned to perfection for indie and rock style music.

Seriously ignore the fact that im selling just buy a pair even from somewhere else, I think thoman.de have them as well.

review here 

http://www.headphiles.org/index.php?topic=3771.0

Yes they are good but OP said he was looking for something smallish. The 660 are giant and don't fold.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #17 of 21
I can personally recommend the Sony MDR-7506/V6.  These were my first headphones and I still use them.  The only problem I have with them is the stock ear pads don't breathe and they fall apart after about a year of use.  You can replace the ear pads with Beyerdynamic velour DT250 ear pads and they will be very comfy and breathable.

In my opinion the MDR-7506 themselves have a flat response, good isolation and good clarity for their price point.  Also, they are very durable and should last you many years.  They sound great straight out of a portable music player and have a long coiled cord.  They also fold and fit into a bag that comes with them.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 21
If u wan something smallish... N just playing it off a fone or iPod...
I would take along a boss AE2 for around ear..If u can find one on the cheap,
Or a hd228 seinheiser on ear portable. I got this from amazon for less than 20bucks!
The sound is clear enough, good isolation, v light on the head.
The other I like is the AKG k518..it's flat looking, good clarity,foldable.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 21
The etymotic HF5 gives you some of the best isolation and nice sound quality, but they are in-ears, and they are quite intrusive, therefore probably not for you.

Anyways, somebody should make a 'before you ask for advice about buying headphones first time' post, because nobody writes which genres they hear sometimes even what they want in advance
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Superlux hd660, dont take any notice that im selling a set (i have 2 and am keeping one), they are absolutley brilliant and have caused me to dispatch a ton of gear, combine these with some aftermarket pads for an extra £10 and I cant think of anything better for under £100.   The will last forever and and are tuned to perfection for indie and rock style music.

Seriously ignore the fact that im selling just buy a pair even from somewhere else, I think thoman.de have them as well.

review here 

http://www.headphiles.org/index.php?topic=3771.0

These look quite nice - I'm not too concerned if they don't fold, it's more for the looks as people in London don't really tend to wear massive headphones so I don't want to stand out too much!

Will read some reviews on the suggestions and have a think!  Many thanks for everyone's thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back