Looking for Advice on a Purchase ($80 and under)
Jul 24, 2010 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

obutto

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I know I'm new to the forums and everything, and my first post is also one asking for advice rather than helping, but I really need some advice.

So I've been using Creative EP-630's for the last year, went through approximately two of them (possibly three in a 1.5 year span?) and quite honestly I am sick of spending money on these. I thought the sound quality was okay, but not great (defintely worth the $10 I spent on each though). Now, I am looking for an upgrade, something that will last me a while.

I have been doing a lot of research on headphones lately, but I get so many different answers because everybody has different taste. Also, I am not what you would call an "audiophile" so I have no idea what some people say. So heres some things I think that will help people select a pair for me :)

My Taste of Music: VERY ranged. I listen to very slow vocal songs to rap. I listen to a bit of rock (probably my least), and a lot of "technoish" (put in quotes because they aren't considered techo, but pop which is very similar) songs. Now I'm not that concerned with bass but would prefer SOME. I don't want my buds rocking my brain out of my ears out like I'm in the middle of a rap concert. So basically, I'm looking for a pair that can perform a range of things.

*Note I do not listen to heavy metal!

Durability will be a great factor in my decision because I want these to last.

Also finally, I would prefer if they were easy to put on and do not fall off easily. Cord rubbing on shirt is bearable but I would prefer not to have this.

Now I have found some of these headphones from doing some research:
Shure E2c
Ety ER6i
Ety MC5
Sony EX71

And a lot of others, but I forgot them at this time (its 5 AM in the morning here). Would you guys help me pick the right pair? Or suggest new ones? (I heard something about Joker's thread but I couldn't locate it :p)

Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 7
look at both these joker's and ClieOS'.
there are alot of options of hand I im interested in fischer enterna v1, hippo vb, reo

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 7
The RE0s are private label made IEMs, and may not have the same durability that a more mainstream IEM would have, though Head-Direct is very good in replacing defective phones. If you are going to be somewhat rough on them, I would recommend the Ety MC5s over the RE0, since they share similar sound sigs (more mid/treble, with enough bass, but not a massive bass presence). The MC5s, which I own, are tank-like and have a two-year warranty.

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Hello sorry for the bump but I really want to know how durable the RE0's are before purcashing them. Anybody can give me an answer?

I am in the process of sending back my REO's for the second time under warranty. I bought them 9 months ago and had them replaced under warranty after only 6 months.
RC

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Hmm...So I'm guessing they aren't as tank as some others. Because I plan to put them in my pocket and I wear slightly tight jeans. Any other suggestions on a "tankish" IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back