Looking for a new IEM >$150
Jun 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 33
Jun 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #18 of 33
I have heard neither of them, and I have no shops nearby where I can take them for a test run before buying either. They both look like great sets of headphones, and it is rather difficult deciding :) I have read more about the HF5, and actually just heard of the UE700 when you recommended them. In that respect, it makes me lean towards the HF5 a little more just because I have read more reviews on them. Not saying that there aren't any for the UE700, just that I have stumbled across plenty for the HF5.

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #19 of 33
Oh Yh that is the case. I will also say that there are perks other than sound each way. The HF5s are deep inserting which can be not the most comfortable but is awesome isolation wise. You get used to the deep insert. The UE700s are oh so comfy.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #20 of 33
Oh Yh that is the case. I will also say that there are perks other than sound each way. The HF5s are deep inserting which can be not the most comfortable but is awesome isolation wise. You get used to the deep insert. The UE700s are oh so comfy.

Not to argue, but just to disagree...

I can wear my (very deep insertion) Etys all day long!

With Comply Foam tips, they remind me of a date with Dolly Parton... w00t !!!

LOLz, Jim

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #21 of 33
Selling as I need the money for motorbike parts, and I shall be getting a few more headphones soon,sso I dont need them

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #22 of 33
Selling as I need the money for motorbike parts, and I shall be getting a few more headphones soon,sso I dont need them

You didn't say how much, but I looked at your ad.

Too bad I'm tapped out right now or I'd pick em up.

Good Luck with the Sale, Jim

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:
"...there's no denying at first it's weird and painful."

That's what she said! 
biggrin.gif

Couldn't resist after Astro's Dolly Parton joke.

But anyways, I am still doing a little more research but may end up picking up the Etys. The UE700 do look like pretty good headphones though, as do the Apple In Ears which I was originally considering, but I have been considering the HF5s on and off for close to a week, so I'm thinking that just may be the route I end up taking.

Thanks again 
beerchug.gif

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #26 of 33
That's what she said! :D

Couldn't resist after Astro's Dolly Parton joke.

But anyways, I am still doing a little more research but may end up picking up the Etys. The UE700 do look like pretty good headphones though, as do the Apple In Ears which I was originally considering, but I have been considering the HF5s on and off for close to a week, so I'm thinking that just may be the route I end up taking.

Thanks again :beerchug:

LOLz... Too Funny!

But, have a read here before you consider the UE700s

http://www.head-fi.org/t/599247/heads-up-two-versions-of-the-ue700

Hope it helps, Jim

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #28 of 33
between the hf5 and ue700? hf5 sound better imo, but ue700 is more comfy for me.

Fair enough. I found it very close but the UE700s snatch IMO. What version do you have? Old or new (what jack has it got?).

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:
Fair enough. I found it very close but the UE700s snatch IMO. What version do you have? Old or new (what jack has it got?).

i dont own either, but i auditioned them at my local shop. not sure about the hf5 jack

i almost only listen to classical, and little vocal at that, so that may be why i prefer the hf5.
clarity and instrument separation seems much better on the hf5s

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #30 of 33
I meant on the UE700.

And yeh it is better in them departments by a tad. But then UE700 has bass, soundstage and perhaps treble ahead of HF5. Midson HF5 do destroy the UE700 though. I just think the UE700 have slightly warmer and fuller sound which I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back