Looking for ~$300 audiophile headphones
Nov 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #18 of 32
It's been ages since I've listened to the 880's (shortly after they were released), so I can't really say anything about the sound of them vs the Mad Dog's.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #20 of 32
With the talk of Mad Dogs matching the detail of the LCD-2 I'm strongly leaning towards them at this point, but I can't help but wonder how much soundstaging I'd lose over the 880s. It sounds like the 770s have a recessed mid range, so if I don't go for the Mad Dogs I'll probably just get the 880s instead.

Opinions from head-fiers who've owned both the Mad Dogs and the 880s would be great, though :wink:

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:
With the talk of Mad Dogs matching the detail of the LCD-2 I'm strongly leaning towards them at this point, but I can't help but wonder how much soundstaging I'd lose over the 880s. It sounds like the 770s have a recessed mid range, so if I don't go for the Mad Dogs I'll probably just get the 880s instead.

Opinions from head-fiers who've owned both the Mad Dogs and the 880s would be great, though :wink:

Heya,

I have all of the above.

The Mad Dogs are quite fantastic. Great sound stage. Excellent in every way. If you want a closed back headphone that "has it all" this really is the way to go before you start playing in the flavors of three times the cost high-ends.

Very best,

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

The Mad Dogs have a fantastic sound stage for a closed can, it is right there with the Dt880. It is not as bright as the Dt880, has better mids, and has much better bass. To my ears the Mad Dogs are head and shoulders above the 880. I like the 880, I absolutely loved the Mad Dogs.

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #26 of 32
Mad Dogs it is, then. Would they pair well with a Fiio E11?

That's the exact combo I'm using. I bought the E11 just for the Mad Dog's. Then again, I might try out my tube amp on them tomorrow, just to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back