Little Dot MKV available! Any Info/Opinions?
Dec 29, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #31 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i always thought i was a tube person (started with a little dot amp) until i heard a Real solid state amp*. Rolling OpAmps and discrete modules can be just as satisfying.

i'd love to read the reviews on the MKV

Well, when it gets here, I'll start gathering data for the review before I ever cut the tape on the box.
smily_headphones1.gif
My home office is stuffed with Vintage solid state goodies from the late 70s - mid 80s. I'll have plenty of SS to drive the MKV with and I'll use the Zero to drive it with digital sources as well. I have a feeling it will be a big "impressionistic" review. I love tube amps, but my true love is quality solid state, so this will be right up my alley. I just know that my HD-650s are going to perform like they never have before!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #32 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i always thought i was a tube person (started with a little dot amp) until i heard a Real solid state amp*. Rolling OpAmps and discrete modules can be just as satisfying.

i'd love to read the reviews on the MKV

where's that apostrophe go to? which was your first real solid state amp?

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #34 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you my friend need to do a write up between your various amps/headphones!

Maybe headphones too!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #35 of 168
*my first Solid state...something better than a CMOY or integrated tuner/receiver/dvdp/cdp.
wink.gif

i went from the gilmore lite DPSed, to a DAC1, just added an Apache. enjoyed each step up.

Minivan: very nice equipment you got there. Never heard a graham slee solo before, but i heard it's sicc. Interested in knowing how the LDMKV stands up to such an amp.

Quote:

where's that apostrophe go to? which was your first real solid state amp?

Dec 29, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #36 of 168
d-cee: sorry mate i am not very good at write up
redface.gif
, but here's my .02c. the mkv seem to offer the best soundstage, image precision, channel separation in compare to my other amp, the yamamoto and the talisman. but music seem to lack the refinement of the other 2, i.e it does not sound as musical as the talisman and it does not have the organic element of the yamamoto. still, i can see the potential of this amp, when i upgrade my source in the future, hopefully the neutrality of this amp will bring out what's best in the source. sometimes i wonder may be your OMZ will make a killer combo with this amp? in term of value for performance ratio, the mkv has to be way up on the top in compare to the other amp i had.

jh4db536: my graham slee solo is faulty so i stop listen to it, still waiting for my replacement from graham slee.

penchum: look forward to hear your impression on the mkv/hd650 combo, i am pretty the mkv will open the sucker up
biggrin.gif
.my k240 sextett is 600 ohm the mkv can just drive it at ease, mr yang said the amp can output a max of 2w.

Dec 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #37 of 168
Over in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/joi...85/index8.html user : gdl357 Just received his MKV, but due to curcumstances, he needs to sell it. He's asking the same as he paid, but he'll ship it for free, which saves $45. Just though some of you might want to know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #39 of 168
Quote:

how much did the MK V cost you again?

$299 + $45 shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #40 of 168
I checked early this morning and it looks like my MKV is at the post office already! I sure hope they deliver it today!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #41 of 168
Quote:

how much did the MK V cost you again?

d-cee,
I promise I'm not being nosy, I just wondered if you snagged that MKV from the other thread? Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #42 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked early this morning and it looks like my MKV is at the post office already! I sure hope they deliver it today!!
biggrin.gif

My MKV has arrived!
wink.gif
Ordered it on December 26th, today is the 31st. EMS shipping is the best!! Less than 6 days to my door in Arizona, USA
eek.gif
. Let the data gathering begin!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #44 of 168
c'mon Penchum give us initial impressions when your MKV arrived
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #45 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My MKV has arrived!
wink.gif
Ordered it on December 26th, today is the 31st. EMS shipping is the best!! Less than 6 days to my door in Arizona, USA
eek.gif
. Let the data gathering begin!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lucky You ! I ordered my mk3 on the 26th and It's still sitting in China.I'm looking forward to more in depth reviews of mkv also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back