Little Dot MKV available! Any Info/Opinions?
Dec 22, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #16 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My MKV just shipped 5 hours ago. Should be getting it some time after christmas. I would like to give a shout out to David from Little Dot for his excellent service.

X2 !!

Dec 22, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 168
i had only clocked up a few hours on the mkv so far. initial impression of the amp confirmed much what's stated in the ebay's description of the amp,i.e: channel separation, expanded sound-stage, imaging precision. these are very obvious on my k701. but it sound a bit plain, so i assume this is a neutral sounding amp. switching over to my w5000 made thing much better, but i miss the wide soundstage i enjoy on the k701 with amp. all in very early day, i will let the amp burn in a bit further and see how thing go. so far i am very happy with my purchase, very good value for money for it's performance it deliver.

Dec 23, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had only clocked up a few hours on the mkv so far. initial impression of the amp confirmed much what's stated in the ebay's description of the amp,i.e: channel separation, expanded sound-stage, imaging precision. these are very obvious on my k701. but it sound a bit plain, so i assume this is a neutral sounding amp. switching over to my w5000 made thing much better, but i miss the wide soundstage i enjoy on the k701 with amp. all in very early day, i will let the amp burn in a bit further and see how thing go. so far i am very happy with my purchase, very good value for money for it's performance it deliver.

Thanks man, I bet that MKV will improve substantially in the first 100 hours. There are a few at HeadFi who have had theirs for a few weeks, and I was hoping they might chime in on its progress too. I keep having this "picture" in my mind of a MKV stacked under my MKIVse. It's a nice vision.
smily_headphones1.gif
I like the idea of having an excellent SS headphone amp and and excellent tube headphone amp. Have a good one!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 168
Quote:

mk v use the same case as the mk iv. it would look very neat if u have them on top of each other

I may have to give myself an extra Christmas present!
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #21 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man, I bet that MKV will improve substantially in the first 100 hours. There are a few at HeadFi who have had theirs for a few weeks, and I was hoping they might chime in on its progress too. I keep having this "picture" in my mind of a MKV stacked under my MKIVse. It's a nice vision.
smily_headphones1.gif
I like the idea of having an excellent SS headphone amp and and excellent tube headphone amp. Have a good one!!
smily_headphones1.gif

My goal exactly Penchum!

Dec 25, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 168
I couldn't wait any longer. I've wanted the MKV as a dedicated headphone amp for my Vintage Pioneer system and now its going to happen! I'm going to stack a Zero DAC/AMP, then the MKV and then the MKIVse together right next to my Pioneer unit. Now I just have to wait!
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #23 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't wait any longer. I've wanted the MKV as a dedicated headphone amp for my Vintage Pioneer system and now its going to happen! I'm going to stack a Zero DAC/AMP, then the MKV and then the MKIVse together right next to my Pioneer unit. Now I just have to wait!
biggrin.gif

Congrats! you are building quite an interesting ring!
I am very interested to know how Zero's headamp compares against a dedicated (and more expensive) SS amp such as the MKV. A detailed review will be appreciated!

Dec 25, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by janderclander14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! you are building quite an interesting ring!
I am very interested to know how Zero's headamp compares against a dedicated (and more expensive) SS amp such as the MKV. A detailed review will be appreciated!

No problem! It probably isn't a fair comparison with the MKV being a dual and all, but I already know how nice the Zero's headamp is, so it will be fun! I need the Zero DAC/Pre-amp anyway, to bridge digital sources into my Vintage Pioneer system, so in the end, I'll be able to listen to Master tapes with the MKV, or listen to computer files over my SPEC4 amplifier. The Zero is the key to this working and the MKV is key to making all sources available over headphones. I'm never leaving my home office again.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #27 of 168
I checked with David Z and he said my MKV is being run through testing. If it is done in time, he'll get it on it's way today, or possibly Saturday. I'm as giddy as a hippy in the barber shop!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #28 of 168
i just received akg k240 sextett headphone yesterday, this is a vintage headphone made in 70s. it seem to work very well with the mkv, it seem to roll the best of the k701 and the w5000/w1000 into one, i.e sounding musical as well as the signature huge soundstage the mkv present.
the combo give me so much air making listening to music is so enjoyable and comfortable.
this is by far the best value for money combo i had in compare to my other combo, the yamamoto/w5000 and the talisman t-35/k701 combos.

Dec 29, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #29 of 168
Quote:

i just received akg k240 sextett headphone yesterday, this is a vintage headphone made in 70s. it seem to work very well with the mkv, it seem to roll the best of the k701 and the w5000/w1000 into one, i.e sounding musical as well as the signature huge soundstage the mkv present.
the combo give me so much air making listening to music is so enjoyable and comfortable.
this is by far the best value for money combo i had in compare to my other combo, the yamamoto/w5000 and the talisman t-35/k701 combos.

Excellent find!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #30 of 168
i always thought i was a tube person (started with a little dot amp) until i heard a Real solid state amp*. Rolling OpAmps and discrete modules can be just as satisfying.

i'd love to read the reviews on the MKV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back