LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Nov 18, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #1,006 of 1,178
The post I've mentioned 2 or 3 times now was from Nov. 16, 2018.

The use/function example you provided, and the accompanying screenshot, is dated April 2018. That is all I was referring to, and that was never unclear in the least.

So he and everyone else are in the camp that feels our continued presence on the forums is unnecessary and unwanted?

You can draw your own conclusions there Jarek, this is now a 4 year old disaster. The time for idle talk about use and function for products that don't exist/never shipped has long since passed. The only information anyone now seeks is status and details on production and shipment, or refund.

Nov 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,007 of 1,178
ube chassis, yes, things are happening. However, I'm not going to announce them as being presented in a particular timeframe until a) I get official word and b) I get official photos and details. (those of you sick of the empty promises can hopefully understand)

Anyway, we're looking at taking a break from the thread again (final decision undetermined at this time) due to the nature of the recent conversation from participants. I'll update IGG again literally as soon as I have information though.

LAST UPDATE

Modified on: Wed, 5 Sep, 2018 at 2:49 AM

Hey everyone,

We have two factories right now supplying Vi DAC chassis units. The original is sending out 10 more original designed version of chassis. (Hopefully the fail rate will be low)

We have the new Vi chassis design ready, and we are letting the new factory make those units. We will post the photo of the new chassis once we receive it. It should be in three weeks. If no problems are present, then we will start the full speed production of the new version of the chassis. We will also confirm the remaining Vi DAC backers' shipping addresses again.

As mentioned, we are using two factories now. The new one is the one which has tons of good experience with other hi-end gear. The original Vi DAC chassis factory will just deliver the remaining order and we will put them in idle unless we will need to make more original Vi Chassis.

Again, thank you for your patience in this campaign.

The entire LHL team.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLANNED UPDATES:
Larry, you stated that you would provide regular updates when Jerek was hired.

not one of these commitments have been made.

Geek Wave: Bi-weekly (Sundays)

Geek Pulse: Monthly (date tbd)

Vi Dac: Monthly (date tbd)

Geek Source: Monthly (date tbd)

Pulse Analog: Monthly (date tbd)

Time to lay out a realistic plan to meet your commitments

WOULD SEEM THAT PROGRESS COULD HAVE BEEN MADE ON ONE UNIT SINCE SEPTEMBER

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #1,008 of 1,178
Lols one Unit? this turns out to be a worse bust than bitcoin. Considering I paid shipping 2 years ago

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #1,011 of 1,178
I was thinking the same thing.
1. The class isn't big enough .2. Plus the lawyer(s) would extract the bulk of the money. Even if we could find a lawyer willing to take the case the return would be pennies for each victim. Now if the intent was to punish LH a lawsuit would serve the purpose. At this point I'm all for it, as long as I don't have to shell out any more money. See point 1.

Dec 8, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,013 of 1,178
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #1,016 of 1,178
Post your questions you’d like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind:
Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #1,017 of 1,178
Number of original chassis being produced and ETA.
Quicker getting original or new chassis?
ETA on delivery.
Have all the components been finished and in storage all this time? If so please post photos of every mainboard in one photo.
If not can we opt for a refund.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #1,018 of 1,178
Why CCX 8 does not work. I bought myself V-Caps/Lundahl as per your specs and direction using your own board and sounds like coming from the bathtub after 400h.
Plus CCX module sits right on top of the power supply. Plus XLR Cardas do not fit in the case (too thick). Plus the original RCA board has reversed channel red for L channel and vv.
Plus I am still waiting for my Siemens tubes I paid for and you have in stock for over 3 years!!

Nothing compared to 99.9% of the people that never had the Vi DAC, but still not a happy customer. At all.
Again, too bad because the Vi sounds very good (I have PS Audio DS Sr. to compare).

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #1,019 of 1,178
Post your questions you’d like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind:
Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.

There have been the Vi DACs being sold 2nd hand on classified throughout the past few years. How were they sold, if the DAC is still not in production?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back