LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #1,936 of 2,040
We're working on fixing our RMA process/timeline. We know it's not good right now. If anyone has issues with an RMA/non-functioning unit from here, let me know via PM and I can address them directly with Matt and see what can be done.
Glad to hear this. I love the GO V2 Infinity, but I'd be very hesitant to buy another product from LH Labs because the customer service is less than stellar.

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,937 of 2,040
Anybody having issues with iOS devices and GO2pro? It plays for a few seconds and then cuts out. It’s like the phone doesn’t want to recognize the device or let it take over volume control.... aggravating.

iOS 11.1. Tidal or Apple Music do the same thing.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,938 of 2,040
I’m sending the GO2pro back to ALO; brand new and won’t work with my phone (iPhone 7) at all, and with my wife’s (iPhone 6s, same iOS version as mine tho) it has constant crackling and popping, like digital distortion.

I listened to it for a while with my MacBook, it has more stage width but is more in your face than the V2+, and is slightly brighter. A little more extension each way but at the cost of little low end clarity.

Nov 7, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #1,939 of 2,040
I’m sending the GO2pro back to ALO; brand new and won’t work with my phone (iPhone 7) at all, and with my wife’s (iPhone 6s, same iOS version as mine tho) it has constant crackling and popping, like digital distortion.

I listened to it for a while with my MacBook, it has more stage width but is more in your face than the V2+, and is slightly brighter. A little more extension each way but at the cost of little low end clarity.

For clarification, it gives you problems from your phone, but works fine from your MacBook? If that is the case, try a different iPhone camera connector cable and/or USB/micro USB cable.

I had a camera connector cable go bad after less than a year and replacing it fixed my problems.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #1,940 of 2,040
For clarification, it gives you problems from your phone, but works fine from your MacBook? If that is the case, try a different iPhone camera connector cable and/or USB/micro USB cable.

I had a camera connector cable go bad after less than a year and replacing it fixed my problems.

Iphone 7 -> CCK -> USB-C -> GO2pro doesn’t work
IPhone 6s -> CCK -> USB-C -> GO2pro distortion
MacBook -> USB-C -> GO2pro works
Iphone 7 7 -> CCK -> USB-C -> GOv2+ works

So don’t think it is the CCK. The GO2pro isn’t recognized by the MacBook unless I turn it off and on after it’s attached. Same deal with iPhone 6s. Iphone 7 just doesn’t work.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,941 of 2,040

So don’t think it is the CCK. The GO2pro isn’t recognized by the MacBook unless I turn it off and on after it’s attached. Same deal with iPhone 6s. Iphone 7 just doesn’t work.

Interesting.

The fact it is not recognized until power cycled is normal as it needs to initialize/handshake with the system if I remember correctly.

What version of the firmware is it running? If you are not sure, go to Sound Preferences in OS X while it is powered on and the device description should tell you.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,942 of 2,040
Interesting.

The fact it is not recognized until power cycled is normal as it needs to initialize/handshake with the system if I remember correctly.

What version of the firmware is it running? If you are not sure, go to Sound Preferences in OS X while it is powered on and the device description should tell you.

My V2+ is on 1.5. I was tempted to flash the GO2pro to 1.5 but don’t want to void my ability to return it.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,943 of 2,040

My V2+ is on 1.5. I was tempted to flash the GO2pro to 1.5 but don’t want to void my ability to return it.

Unfortunately I do not know a lot about the different FW versions, but I have seen FW re-flashes fix issues with older Geek Outs. If you can re-flash 2.1 it may help.

Flashing it to 1.5 should not void any warranties or anything, but I understand your hesitation.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,944 of 2,040

Why are you using USB-C?

I've done the following:

iPad Pro (2nd Gen) -> 2nd Gen CCK -> Male USB-A to Male USB Micro-B -> GO2Pro

iPad Pro (2nd Gen) and iPhone 7 are about the same generation, so not sure why it wouldn't work.

My GO2Pro is on 2.1. I should be downgrading to 1.5 shortly to get back manual gain. I don't really use Line-Out enough to be worth it.

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,945 of 2,040
Why are you using USB-C?

I've done the following:

iPad Pro (2nd Gen) -> 2nd Gen CCK -> Male USB-A to Male USB Micro-B -> GO2Pro

iPad Pro (2nd Gen) and iPhone 7 are about the same generation, so not sure why it wouldn't work.

My GO2Pro is on 2.1. I should be downgrading to 1.5 shortly to get back manual gain. I don't really use Line-Out enough to be worth it.

I’m using that type of USB, I just forgot what it was called. What’s most weird is both the iPhone 6s and 7 were using the same version of iOS.

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #1,946 of 2,040
I’m using that type of USB, I just forgot what it was called. What’s most weird is both the iPhone 6s and 7 were using the same version of iOS.
What iOS version are you using?

My past successes were on iOS 10.

I'm having issues with my iPhone X on iOS 11. (USB2 CCK)

EDIT: Never mind, got it to work, just flubbed around a bit playing with all the options until it decided to work.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,947 of 2,040
What iOS version are you using?

My past successes were on iOS 10.

I'm having issues with my iPhone X on iOS 11. (USB2 CCK)

EDIT: Never mind, got it to work, just flubbed around a bit playing with all the options until it decided to work.

Ha! What got it working? I’m on 11, but the GOv2+ still worked while GO2Pro didn’t.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,948 of 2,040
Ha! What got it working? I’m on 11, but the GOv2+ still worked while GO2Pro didn’t.

I was in Onkyo HF player and just kept ticking options on and off until I got it to work.

Though now, it doesn't seem like it wants to recognize the GO2Pro.

The struggle continues.

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,950 of 2,040
on 2.1, there is no volume control on iOS; it will only work on max ios volume. Max out the volume and then use the hardware buttons to adjust volume.

Flashing to 1.5 is also quite simple. Very easy to flash between 1.5, 2.0 and 2.1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back