LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Oct 30, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,922 of 2,040
My V2 has fried. Maybe it got too hot and something caused it to make a sizzling sound through my headphones.
Any suggestions on how to get it fixed?

We're working on fixing our RMA process/timeline. We know it's not good right now. If anyone has issues with an RMA/non-functioning unit from here, let me know via PM and I can address them directly with Matt and see what can be done.

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,923 of 2,040
So if I'm reading this right.

Let the Go2PRO battery die down.
Turn it off.
Let it charge for 5 minutes.
Connect to laptop with USB only (the audio Micro USB on the GO2PRO I'm assuming) and not the charging port.
Turn it on.
Blue and green lights lights should be on simultaneously.
Connect headphones and listen to music.

Is this right?

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,924 of 2,040

Turn it off.
Connect to laptop with USB only (the audio Micro USB on the GO2PRO I'm assuming) and not the charging port.
Turn it on.

Is this right?

I assume so but I haven't gotten a confirmation from Larry. But I think you're right. I'll find out when the mail comes tomorrow.

Oct 30, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,925 of 2,040
I’ll test when I get home. Although I don’t know how long it will take to drain the battery.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #1,926 of 2,040
so it seems one of the pads on the 3.5mm TRRS jack on my Geekout V2+ has a bad solder joint, if I wiggle the connector it cuts out, if I take a tiny plastic pick and push down on the L- pin on the connector to the pcb, my left channel comes back.
im proficent in micro-soldering, but how do i get the geekout apart without distruction of my chasis? @Larry Ho

if anyone else has taken their geekout apart, please let me know.

Late post, but if anyone takes apart the V2+ chassis, it's toast. It's not designed to be opened and put back together. I assume when they were planning on keeping the V2+ around, they had spare chassis so they could drop the repaired boards into, tossing the old chassis away. Plus it will void your warranty, etc. etc. And the V2+ is no longer made, so there's no more chassis. So if something is wrong with a V2+ and it needs repair, let us know and we'll have to figure something out.

I’ll test when I get home. Although I don’t know how long it will take to drain the battery.

I didn't know you had one. Sweet. Let us know.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #1,927 of 2,040
OK! I'll set up a repair request for my V2. It sounds so good I'd love to have it back, but it may have been destroyed by a power surge or something else...
For the record, I got it on eBay, and it lasted a few years with me enjoying it. No complaints with LH labs.

Nov 1, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,928 of 2,040

Whatever I did, it didn't work. Didn't see the lights simultaneously flashing and the battery died down after about 15 minutes.

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,930 of 2,040

When I press the Gain and Filter buttons, nothing happens on my GO2Pro. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to hold down for 3 seconds or something and release? Do I need headphones plugged in while doing so? Double click? Triple click? The instructions aren't clear and Larry is in Japan.

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,931 of 2,040
When I press the Gain and Filter buttons, nothing happens on my GO2Pro. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to hold down for 3 seconds or something and release? Do I need headphones plugged in while doing so? Double click? Triple click? The instructions aren't clear and Larry is in Japan.

It probably has the new firmware. Go to the following post which explains the new button layouts:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lh-labs-geek-out-v2-discussion-thread.765527/page-123#post-13493318

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,932 of 2,040
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #1,933 of 2,040

Turn it off.
Turn it on.

Is this right?

EDIT: Both micro ports have to be plugged in at the same time to run off the PC power and bypass the battery power.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,934 of 2,040
After haven't used my V2+ for quite some time I brought it out a couple of days ago and have been trying it out with both the HE560 and HD800S that I've acquired since I last used it. The result is extremely impressive and I certainly remember why I rated the V2+ with five stars when I reviewed it.

It has more than enough power for both of these cans (the HE560 in particular is pretty hard to drive) and the extreme detail that both these headphones presents when paired with the V2+ is just amazing and this is without even the slightest hint of harshness. Tbh I don't find any of my full size system to perform any better, this is truly an amazing little device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back