LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #1,891 of 2,040
Yeah, I tested all that out but from what I can tell there don't seem to be many people who actually have the thing. Or if they do there hasn't been much discussion about it. Just makes me nervous.

If you click the Buy button it then asks you to add it to your cart and if you do it does come up to the payment page so I assume it's still active. It may or may not be a group buy any longer but it still seems active to me.

I would be too anxious to press the "pay now" button :)
Besides the points which were mentioned already I´m not even sure the amount would reach them since they told us that all their stuff would now be available via their new "store" platform.

But...yeah...maybe that´s just me .....:wink:

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #1,892 of 2,040
I have the GO2PROSE (I had the V2+ initially, and then upgraded it to the GO2PRO, and then to the Signature Edition). My question is how the GO2PRO infinity compares with my GO2PRO signature edition, or is supposed to compare to it... Is one of them better than the other? Is there any advantage I may gain by going for the "infinity'?

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,893 of 2,040
I have the GO2PROSE (I had the V2+ initially, and then upgraded it to the GO2PRO, and then to the Signature Edition). My question is how the GO2PRO infinity compares with my GO2PRO signature edition, or is supposed to compare to it... Is one of them better than the other? Is there any advantage I may gain by going for the "infinity'?

Yes much better in terms of components, I believe it is equipped with two femto clocks.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #1,895 of 2,040
Now here's another question: I am using one of the TRRS balanced adapters shown below to connect all my headphones to my GO2PROSE:

61Dej3MBJXL._SL1024_.jpg

Lately I have been experiencing sound cut-out (or dropout) issues on both L & R sides of my headphones that I can only attribute to a lose connection between the adapter's pin and the Jack on the GO2PRO unit. I can get the connection to work perfectly only when I have blindly fiddled with the adjustment and I am keeping the adapter pin positioned in a certain way by holding it in place. As soon as I let go of the adapter, the sound will drop/out either on one side of the headphones or on both. I wouldn't mind getting another adapter, if this issue is the adapter's fault, but it seems like a loose fit issue which could well be the fault of the Jack, although I do not know how to ascertain where the real problem lies. The problem is that the connection used to work flawlessly for a long time until it suddenly wasn't.

If anyone has experienced this loose-fit issue before could you kindly share your thoughts about how you got it sorted? I do enjoy my GO2PROSE unit immensely when it is working well, but as you can probably tell, to have to hold the adapter in place by hand for it work well is annoying as hell. I wouldn't mind sending it back to LH Labs for the jack to be repaired, if the jack is indeed the problem... But I need some clarity about the source/cause of the problem, which is why I am consulting the collective wisdom of forum members.

Any helpful thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #1,896 of 2,040
so it seems one of the pads on the 3.5mm TRRS jack on my Geekout V2+ has a bad solder joint, if I wiggle the connector it cuts out, if I take a tiny plastic pick and push down on the L- pin on the connector to the pcb, my left channel comes back.
im proficent in micro-soldering, but how do i get the geekout apart without distruction of my chasis? @Larry Ho

if anyone else has taken their geekout apart, please let me know.
I am having a similar problem of alternating L/R channel cutouts with my GO2PROSE, and the problem seems to be related to a loose fit of the pin on my TRRS adapter... If you have been able to resolve your problem I would like to know how you went about handling it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #1,897 of 2,040
I am having a similar problem of alternating L/R channel cutouts with my GO2PROSE, and the problem seem to be related to a loose fit of the pin o my TRRS adapter... If you have been able to resolve your problem I would like to know how you went about handling it.

Thanks
lucky you cause I don't think the go2pro is glued together, just take a hot iron (around 250c) with some nice kester solder and just reflow the joints

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,898 of 2,040
lucky you cause I don't think the go2pro is glued together, just take a hot iron (around 250c) with some nice kester solder and just reflow the joints
That sounds rather simple, but I wish I had some tutorial videos to watch for that. because I have never soldered anything before, although I do have some excellent soldering kits with me, and I can open the GO2PRO from the back with some screw drivers. I just find it quite intimidating because of NOOB jitters. Still thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #1,899 of 2,040
That sounds rather simple, but I wish I had some tutorial videos to watch for that. because I have never soldered anything before, although I do have some excellent soldering kits with me, and I can open the GO2PRO from the back with some screw drivers. I just find it quite intimidating because of NOOB jitters. Still thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Oh that's good to know about the GO2Pro chassis... almost compels me to sell V2+ & trade up.

I've only done a little reworking SMT, hasn't been difficult but definitely does benefit from developing a bit of a touch/intuition through practice to avoid time consuming mistakes.

If you do wnat to crack into those kits you have, there are a ton of online resources for learning this stuff, and a pretty dedicated community of DIY electronics youtube channel if you want to get into it, EEV Blog is a good one:

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,900 of 2,040
I would first rule out the cable being bad. It sounds like it's not the culprit but it's worth starting at the very easy solution first.

Order another cable from Amazon to test. If the problem is not the cable, you're only out a few dollars to send it back. Good luck if you try soldering, I know I wouldn't have the guts to do it! (At least not on such an expensive device).

Of course you could send it to LH labs for repair and get it back by Christmas (2019).

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #1,901 of 2,040
I would first rule out the cable being bad. It sounds like it's not the culprit but it's worth starting at the very easy solution first.

Order another cable from Amazon to test. If the problem is not the cable, you're only out a few dollars to send it back. Good luck if you try soldering, I know I wouldn't have the guts to do it! (At least not on such an expensive device).

Of course you could send it to LH labs for repair and get it back by Christmas (2019).
It will only take two weeks and three at the most for a repair... I wouldn't try to repair my own device, you'd be taking a big risk... Only you know your skill...ymmv

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,902 of 2,040
It will only take two weeks and three at the most for a repair... I wouldn't try to repair my own device, you'd be taking a big risk... Only you know your skill...ymmv

My Infinity has been sitting at LH Labs for 2 months, I don't think his 2019 date is far off. Their new person reached out once and then went dark. I don't understand their customer interaction at all. They wonder why customers get so upset.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,903 of 2,040

I actually have a spare adapter on hand, so the I can easily verify whether it is the one I am using, although I really doubt that. The pin feels lose and even rattles around a bit when inserted in the balanced 3.5mm jack, but it fits very snuggly into the other (non-balanced) jack on the unit. By the way, "Christmas 2019" made me laugh, although I should normally not.

I like your optimism, although the recent behavior of L.H. Labs customer service is not encouraging at all, I must say.

My Infinity has been sitting at LH Labs for 2 months, I don't think his 2019 date is far off. Their new person reached out once and then went dark. I don't understand their customer interaction at all. They wonder why customers get so upset.

You know, I would gladly send this unit out to L. H. Labs for repair, but their customer service has become so extremely unresponsive it is alarmingly scary. When I sent my V2+ in to be upgraded to the GO2PROSE, they went quiet after I had shipped the unit to them and wouldn't even respond to acknowledge receipt of the item, even long after the UPS tracking had reported delivery . I had to PM Larry Ho on this site with the particulars of my order and transaction to get them working on my unit, and to their credit, they responded immediately after I contacted Larry Ho... I really hated doing that, but they left me no choice...

Unfortunately, it does not seem as if things have improved much. I took out a ticket reporting my problem early this week, but I have still not received any live response from them (beyond the automated reply one receives after taking out a ticket)... I would also prefer to have them fix the unit rather than fiddle with any soldering jobs myself, but how am I going to get their attention if they will not even respond to a customer service ticket? I would rather not contact Larry Ho again, but my patience is wearing rather thin about this one...

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,904 of 2,040
Now here's another question: I am using one of the TRRS balanced adapters shown below to connect all my headphones to my GO2PROSE:

61Dej3MBJXL._SL1024_.jpg

As I have only just received my GO2PROSE I am unfortunately unable to provide any meaningful input on your issue.

However, I was wondering where you purchased this adapter. I do not recall seeing any earlier posts about it.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,905 of 2,040

Users who are viewing this thread

Back