LG V30
Oct 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #376 of 6,140
Maybe one day. I'm fine with ordering at the initial retail to get use of it straightaway, given my company will meet half the cost as it will be used for work extensively. Been waiting a long while for something like the V30. Expecting mine shortly after November 1st.

i

Now interested in purchasing some decent IEMs, perhaps some balanced armature items. SE 846s seem a bit 'spendy', but maybe there's a decent alternative that won't break the bank.
Maybe one day. I'm fine with ordering at the initial retail to get use of it straightaway, given my company will meet half the cost as it will be used for work extensively. Been waiting a long while for something like the V30. Expecting mine shortly after November 1st.

Now interested in purchasing some decent IEMs, perhaps some balanced armature items. SE 846s seem a bit 'spendy', but maybe there's a decent alternative that won't break the bank.
i picked up the v30+ from sprint (a US carrier) and they came with LG quad beat in ear monitors. They sound incredible. Reminds me of my sa1000. High airy treble energy transparent mids very good and bass is soild.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #377 of 6,140
Has anyone got a link to these Quad Beat earbuds? Have been looking for them for a while but can find nothing about them online - not even a photo. Don't think the V30+ will be sold in the UK.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #378 of 6,140
My opinion is : £600 for V30 and £650 for V30+. There is no other better phone out there. This is only OLED with great audio quality, including video recording and playback, FM Radio amoung the great features. Let's buy it around Christmas time, i guarantee a much better price and 400 GB micro sd will be more affordable.
LG is leading on the OLED Tv and now is taking on Samsung for best screens:)
I saw what Samsung did with the note 8 screen. Extra long for extra immersion while viewing.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #379 of 6,140

More likely V30+ is not coming to UK, V30 being exclusive to Carphone warehouse, but hopefully Cloove or similar will bring it unlocked.
I do not want any blootware.

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #380 of 6,140
Has anyone got a link to these Quad Beat earbuds? Have been looking for them for a while but can find nothing about them online - not even a photo. Don't think the V30+ will be sold in the UK.
Same here i was trying to find more info online but couldn't. The more info i found was what was advertised in the store by the phone display. I can take some pics later.

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #381 of 6,140
More likely V30+ is not coming to UK, V30 being exclusive to Carphone warehouse, but hopefully Cloove or similar will bring it unlocked.
I do not want any blootware.
I got tons of blootware on mine. Checked the storage and out of 128gb i only had 100gb avaliable fresh out the box.

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #382 of 6,140
I saw what Samsung did with the note 8 screen. Extra long for extra immersion while viewing.

Not sure what that means? It's certainly big.

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #383 of 6,140
The v30 does what the v10 does well but 5x more. The v10 has some spatialness its like 2x the v20. The v10 is a way more organic sounding compared to the v20 like 3x. The v20 is colder and less spatialness. The v30 is 5x the v10 in spatialness and 3x more organic. Depending on the filter used on the v30 it can change the amount of spatialness, clarity, and natural organic sound, But not simultaneously.
Are you saying the v30 is better than v20 in audio? I did a quick comparison and didn't notice a huge difference.

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #384 of 6,140
The v30 does what the v10 does well but 5x more. The v10 has some spatialness its like 2x the v20. The v10 is a way more organic sounding compared to the v20 like 3x. The v20 is colder and less spatialness. The v30 is 5x the v10 in spatialness and 3x more organic. Depending on the filter used on the v30 it can change the amount of spatialness, clarity, and natural organic sound, But not simultaneously.
Also,you need studio flat monitors to compare imho. V20/v30 is more technical than v10 with a lot less noise. So v10 could actually sound better with colored or cheap iem with mp3 files vs reference studio monitors with 24bit files where v20/30 definitely will win. best match for v20/v30 is athe70 http://amzn.to/2zpAviu

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #385 of 6,140
The coolest part about the v30 is headphone synergy capabilities. For example closed custom monitors can sound way more open due to spatialness dac filter. Open cans can maintain their openness and gain more clarity with the clarity filter. When I use the spatial filter it's hard to desern any difference on open cans. But the difference is very audiable on closed customs. In vise versa with clarity. But clarity filter is still audiable in customs just not as a dramatic effect as the spatialness filter.
I forgot to try the filters, but Viper4android can do all that and more on the v20.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #387 of 6,140
If anyone has any recommendations for good value quad balanced armature earphones, I'd love some help!

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #388 of 6,140
It's worth it for me, definitely the best phone I've had and it sounds great. Plus I felt like I had to represent the headphone socket after Google dropped it too.

For anyone interested this was the response from Tidal when I asked about MQA for the LG V30. Nothing particularly useful in the response but I tried!
tidal support is crap.
i wrote sometime ago due to problem about gap in the songs in my oppo bdp-103. i had response but no solution.
tidal only cares about desktop applicatin that is really good.
for the rest(like mobile application) nothing

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #389 of 6,140

If used ok with you, you can save a good amount on there expensive IEMS. Sometime ago I picked up the SE846 for about $600. I no longer have them though.

If your ok with the design, I really like my iSine 10's at a much lower cost. But there open so not for those that need or want a lot of isolation. Still i use mine at the gym all the time.

I love their quality linear bass that extends low, but I do EQ some extra bad because I like a little more quantity. They are very different from anywhere IEM I've had and sound much more like full size headphone to me and others. I've owned both the SE846 and the Jerry Harry Roxannes. I prefer the iSine's. I'm sure other would disagree.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #390 of 6,140
The Ibasso IT03 are an excellent match with the LGV30.

I wonder how to set it for Line Out bypassing the amp......

Every time I tried the phone's volume would still work....

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back