LG V30
Oct 16, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #406 of 6,140
Curious about that as well. There must be more than mentioned in his profile.
Check the ath-e70 forum here on headfi. We all know how it feels to buy into marketing hype and get burned while spending thousands.

I'm genuinely impressed because I'm confident they could add some really good marketing copy, come up with a fancy name for their balanced armatures and charge $2000+ for these iem. In fact, they would sell more because usually people like me don't take iem serious under $1000.

No I don't work for Audio-technica just fascinated with the performance to price and i didn't receive a review copy I paid cash.

BTW Audio-technica notorious for creating flagship killers for a fraction of the price. You constantly hear "Wow I would have to pay thousands to get this sound". I don't think they market products well. check out the ATH-MSR7GM thread here on headfi as well

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #407 of 6,140
When I connected the 3.5mm line out cable from my LGV30 to my amp it shows as a Normal Audio Device, just like when I play any earphones 50hm or lower. Volume gain from the phone on Line Out mode would be ok if certainly I am bypassing the internal amp......
I do not see any External Mode on Settings anywhere.....

Thanks

I presume the interface should be same as V20. Did you connect just the cable first? and then play the song then followed by connecting to amp. step-by-step

Because if you connect them together at same time, it might detect as low impedance. (caused by amp)

But if you just attach the cable and play music. It will detect this cable as infinity resistance and trigger external mode.

Well, V30 might change the algorithm compared to V20...

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #408 of 6,140
I presume the interface should be same as V20. Did you connect just the cable first? and then play the song then followed by connecting to amp. step-by-step

Because if you connect them together at same time, it might detect as low impedance. (caused by amp)

But if you just attach the cable and play music. It will detect this cable as infinity resistance and trigger external mode.

Well, V30 might change the algorithm compared to V20...

I just connected the cable first ( phone to amp) , then, I played a song. My amp is the Fostex HPA8.

Thanks

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #409 of 6,140
I just connected the cable first ( phone to amp) , then, I played a song. My amp is the Fostex HPA8.

Thanks

connect just one end?

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #411 of 6,140

Check the ath-e70 forum here on headfi. We all know how it feels to buy into marketing hype and get burned while spending thousands.

I'm genuinely impressed because I'm confident they could add some really good marketing copy, come up with a fancy name for their balanced armatures and charge $2000+ for these iem. In fact, they would sell more because usually people like me don't take iem serious under $1000.

No I don't work for Audio-technica just fascinated with the performance to price and i didn't receive a review copy I paid cash.

BTW Audio-technica notorious for creating flagship killers for a fraction of the price. You constantly hear "Wow I would have to pay thousands to get this sound". I don't think they market products well. check out the ATH-MSR7GM thread here on headfi as well

I notice that these do well, too: Audio Technica ATH-IM03 SonicPro, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWGU04S/ref=psdc_9059092011_t2_B01AXSYIVA

There don't seem to be any reviews of the 4s.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #412 of 6,140
I notice that these do well, too: Audio Technica ATH-IM03 SonicPro, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWGU04S/ref=psdc_9059092011_t2_B01AXSYIVA

There don't seem to be any reviews of the 4s.
Yes im03 is good too but the e70 is the newer iem i prefer the e70 especially for v20/v30. You can't go wrong with either but bass and details superior on e70 to me. If you listen to high quality files flac files with good production on v20/v30, I can almost guarantee you will be wowed and become a fanatic like me :ksc75smile:

I'm listening to westone w50 now with 5 drivers and they sound muffled in comparison to e70. Trust me, driver count and price isn't necessarily an indicator of quality. W50 is good just not on level of e70. w50 have more drivers and cost more than e70.

imo4 is a bit warm for me. v20/v30 you really want a technical iem like e70 in my opinion. E70 being a studio monitor responds extremely well to eq too sou you can color them to your liking as an added benefit. Remember on Amazon you have 30 days to return so feel free to try, no restocking fees etc..

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #415 of 6,140
How is this ATH-e70 compare to older ATH-CKR10,Westone W60 or top wood earphone from JVC?
I have ckr10 they can't compete with e70 not even on bass. e70 neutral, detailed, treble is awesome with right source and flac files. Really revealing which is excellent with quality but bad with bad production.

e70 goes really well with v20/v30.

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #416 of 6,140
If anyone has any recommendations for good value quad balanced armature earphones, I'd love some help!
Any reason for preferring quad BA drivers?
I have been recently craving for a new IEM. The ones that have intrigued me are Beyerdynamic Xelento, Campfire Andromeda and Audeze isine 20.

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #417 of 6,140
I have ckr10 they can't compete with e70 not even on bass. e70 neutral, detailed, treble is awesome with right source and flac files. Really revealing which is excellent with quality but bad with bad production.

e70 goes really well with v20/v30.
I am using the Tera Player and soon i will get only V30+ when available here. How is the comfort with ath-e70? Have you heard other TOTL from ATH iems?
Are the e70 good with movies too? Subbass, lots of micro details and wide soundstage? Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #418 of 6,140
How is this ATH-e70 compare to older ATH-CKR10,Westone W60 or top wood earphone from JVC?
ath-e70 is better than w80 to me. W80 is w60 big brother. W60 w80 go better with v10 because they are colored. IMHO w80 lacks bass. Bassheads or people listening to hip hop or rock might be disappointed with w80.

e70 is nuetral. I really like JVC wooden but wooden doesn't sound as full as e70 to my memory. I have to ab them again.

True to sound is flac/24 bit/vinyl, v20/30, e70.

Ultimate personalization or coloring is flac/24 bit/vinyl, v20/30,viper4android,atmos, e70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back