LG V30
Oct 15, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #391 of 6,140
I,have had the V30 since 10\5 the day it launched (Verizon). I had the v10, v20, but much prefer the sound signature on the v30.
I have been using AKG ear buds that came with my s8+.
And it sounds pretty good to me.
I will be picking up the Hifiman RE-2000 this week, these are rated at 60ohms so the hi impedance mode will kick in.
I will give my impressions after I,receive them.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #392 of 6,140
If anyone has any recommendations for good value quad balanced armature earphones, I'd love some help!
I just tested my xba 40 with the v30 and is a quad armature. Synergy is excellent sounds so so so good and bass is smooth and effortless

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #393 of 6,140
If used ok with you, you can save a good amount on there expensive IEMS. Sometime ago I picked up the SE846 for about $600. I no longer have them though.

If your ok with the design, I really like my iSine 10's at a much lower cost. But there open so not for those that need or want a lot of isolation. Still i use mine at the gym all the time.

I love their quality linear bass that extends low, but I do EQ some extra bad because I like a little more quantity. They are very different from anywhere IEM I've had and sound much more like full size headphone to me and others. I've owned both the SE846 and the Jerry Harry Roxannes. I prefer the iSine's. I'm sure other would disagree.

Used is okay. That said, there are online sources that seem to offer the SE846 at much reduced prices.

The iSine are a line that have caught my eye. I was concerned that their balance might tail off at either extreme and note that the iSine 20 offers a digital 'iPhone-facing' configuration with an extra DAC and amp enclosed - something the V30 doesn't need. Maybe I should try to find a pair to audition but that doesn't seem easy with this type of product?

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #394 of 6,140
The Ibasso IT03 are an excellent match with the LGV30.

I wonder how to set it for Line Out bypassing the amp......

Every time I tried the phone's volume would still work....

Any thoughts?

Technically, "Line Out" doesn't need to always be "FIXED at maximum" for every DAP/smartphone. AK Dap is like that.

But like DX200, they have line out but we can still adjust the volume so it is called "adjustable line out" which is quite great to offer the source gain ability when connecting to home set up.

You just use mini to mini cable and let it be "external mode" on Hi-Fi Setting and then adjust the volume control like a pre-amp. and fine the sweet volume spot just in case the maximum volume gives you a noticeable noise or whatever in the set up, you can reduce the line out volume by 2-3 steps and adjust the knob at the external amp instead.

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #395 of 6,140
Not sure what that means? It's certainly big.

Many moden phone are coming with the new taller 18:9 aspect ration (LG G6/V30). So a device at a given screen size it taller but a bit narrower that a traditional 16:9 screen. Samsung is using an 18.5:9 so it is even taller.

I forgot to try the filters, but Viper4android can do all that and more on the v20.

But that requires root, correct? I've yet to root my V20 because it seemed like a complicated mess and I've opnly had it for a few months. But I may in the near future as the V30 may be in my future when prices drop a bit.

If anyone has any recommendations for good value quad balanced armature earphones, I'd love some help!

I haven't tried them but the One More quad driver is said to be a good value at is price point.

Used is okay. That said, there are online sources that seem to offer the SE846 at much reduced prices.

The iSine are a line that have caught my eye. I was concerned that their balance might tail off at either extreme and note that the iSine 20 offers a digital 'iPhone-facing' configuration with an extra DAC and amp enclosed - something the V30 doesn't need. Maybe I should try to find a pair to audition but that doesn't seem easy with this type of product?

It was a couple of years ago, not sure about current pricing on the SE846. I wasn't sure at first, but after a few weeks of owning both the 846 and Roxanne's I settled on the Roxanne's as my main pair. Ther was just something about them that made it more pleasing to my ears... may be at was a little extra sparkle or something in the vocals, can't remember.

If you buy direct from Audeze they offer something like a 30 day return policy is you don't like them. I got mine from RazerDog Audio they sometimes have slightly used demo unites for sale at a discount. THat how I got mine. They iPhone Cipher cable is available for both the iSine 10 and 20. I sometimes use it with my iPad, but I'm mainly an Android guy so the regular cable is what I use most.

If you happen to live in south Florida I'd be willing to meet up so you can give mine a listen, But that's probably a long shot.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #396 of 6,140
Info on the lg quadbeats
20171015_160157.jpg

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #397 of 6,140
Digital filters!!!
Short, sharp or slow what setting are you preferring. I think I am liking the sharp setting with my shure srh1840. Has anyone tried the v30 with the hd800s? If so how well does it power them?

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #398 of 6,140
So i've purchased iem that cost thousands. I've spent tens of thousands on iem. Money spent and driver count doesn't necessarily matter; especially for v20/v30.

You will not find a better iem under $2000 to $3000 than the ath-e70. They're technical reference iem made for studio monitoring and mixing. The bass is phenomenal while not sacrificing treble or mids. They have a flat sound (you hear all the frequencies). I'd recommend you try them from Amazon and if you don't like them, send them back in 30 days.

Filter the reviews for specifically ath-e70 and you will notice they get 5 stars. Most people say the same thing I say about them.

Don't let the cheap price fool you and let me know what you think http://amzn.to/2yqD7hS

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #399 of 6,140
The v30 does what the v10 does well but 5x more. The v10 has some spatialness its like 2x the v20. The v10 is a way more organic sounding compared to the v20 like 3x. The v20 is colder and less spatialness. The v30 is 5x the v10 in spatialness and 3x more organic. Depending on the filter used on the v30 it can change the amount of spatialness, clarity, and natural organic sound, But not simultaneously.
:D

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #400 of 6,140
You will not find a better iem under $2000 to $3000 than the ath-e70. They're technical reference iem made for studio monitoring and mixing. The bass is phenomenal while not sacrificing treble or mids. They have a flat sound (you hear all the frequencies). I'd recommend you try them from Amazon and if you don't like them, send them back in 30 days.

Just wonder what iem at 2K-3K usd you auditioned and refered to?

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #402 of 6,140
Curious about that as well. There must be more than mentioned in his profile.

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #403 of 6,140
I,have had the V30 since 10\5 the day it launched (Verizon). I had the v10, v20, but much prefer the sound signature on the v30.
I have been using AKG ear buds that came with my s8+.
And it sounds pretty good to me.
I will be picking up the Hifiman RE-2000 this week, these are rated at 60ohms so the hi impedance mode will kick in.
I will give my impressions after I,receive them.
Didn't see a huge difference from v20 to v30. However, I only tested for an
Just off the top of my head:

Westone w80
Westone um pro 50
Angie
Se846
Sennheiser ie800

IMO after testing over a year, price to performance ath-e70 superior. Especially with v20/v30 technical signature and flac files. To me they are head fi's best kept secret. Their bass rivals se846 very deep but articulate and doesn't bleed. Filter the reviews for only ath-e70 they get 5 stars.

ath-e70 reviews.png

Try them for 30 days let me know if you agree http://amzn.to/2hIxCkU

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #405 of 6,140
Technically, "Line Out" doesn't need to always be "FIXED at maximum" for every DAP/smartphone. AK Dap is like that.

But like DX200, they have line out but we can still adjust the volume so it is called "adjustable line out" which is quite great to offer the source gain ability when connecting to home set up.

You just use mini to mini cable and let it be "external mode" on Hi-Fi Setting and then adjust the volume control like a pre-amp. and fine the sweet volume spot just in case the maximum volume gives you a noticeable noise or whatever in the set up, you can reduce the line out volume by 2-3 steps and adjust the knob at the external amp instead.

When I connected the 3.5mm line out cable from my LGV30 to my amp it shows as a Normal Audio Device, just like when I play any earphones 50hm or lower. Volume gain from the phone on Line Out mode would be ok if certainly I am bypassing the internal amp......
I do not see any External Mode on Settings anywhere.....

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back