LCD-X and XC Update
Dec 26, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,411 of 2,740
I thought the same when I first tried the LCD-X's, I was freaking out because the 13 yr old HD650's I have sounded so much better that the Audeze's. Then they got broken in, and then bass shelves were made, along with EQ adjustments, etc., and now its a night and day difference in the other direction.

My first audiophile headphone was the 660S.
I enjoyed it for a year until I bought my first planar which was the Sundara that also EQs well.

Yeah, big differences in EQing potential with planars it seems.

The XCs sound great for sub-bass heavy music which is what I exclusively use them for.

Dec 30, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #1,413 of 2,740
Dec 30, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,414 of 2,740
Dec 30, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,415 of 2,740
I just got my LCD X 2021 yesterday too, it isn't sound the best with SE and on my 789, hopefully the Balanced arriving soon will improve things, and then the GSX Mini coming a couple of weeks will kick things up a notch.

Already I am loving the way percussion sounds on this thing, even with the handicaps noted above.

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,416 of 2,740
This just popped up on my youtube feed and put my mind back on Audeze. High praise from someone who has Stellia & Verite I thought. I really enjoyed the LCD-4 when I tried them and have been considering the XC since the update...hmmm

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #1,417 of 2,740
This just popped up on my youtube feed and put my mind back on Audeze. High praise from someone who has Stellia & Verite I thought. I really enjoyed the LCD-4 when I tried them and have been considering the XC since the update...hmmm

He def made we want to try this headphone. Seems heavy and likely hot on the ears.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #1,418 of 2,740

He mentioned the Dekoni Sheepskin Ear Pads, I was wondering if it can really make the LCD-XC sound better. Have anyone tried this before?

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #1,420 of 2,740
He mentioned the Dekoni Sheepskin Ear Pads, I was wondering if it can really make the LCD-XC sound better. Have anyone tried this before?
Hi, although not tried on Audeze headphones, I have them on my HD-660s and they made a big difference to the sound. Bass became more pronounced/solid and the comfort factor was also increased. I had the Fenesyrated sheepskin versions which are perforated pads.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #1,421 of 2,740
I m also curious about those pads

I've ordered a pair for my freshly arrived XC (pre 21 upgraded to 21).
I don't know if the sound will be improved, but I have a problem with the XC, as my ears are touching the grill of the Fazor, causing disconfort after few minutes.

After contacting Audeze, as they don't have any solution anymore (they were offering foam spacers with the older pads), they advised me to try the Dekoni pads, which seems to be a solution for that kind of problem.
I will see that.

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #1,422 of 2,740
I've ordered a pair for my freshly arrived XC (pre 21 upgraded to 21).
I don't know if the sound will be improved, but I have a problem with the XC, as my ears are touching the grill of the Fazor, causing disconfort after few minutes.

After contacting Audeze, as they don't have any solution anymore (they were offering foam spacers with the older pads), they advised me to try the Dekoni pads, which seems to be a solution for that kind of problem.
I will see that.
I have the same problem that my ears would touch the grill of the Fazor!!!!

Are you getting Dekoni Sheepskin Ear Pads? I am looking forward to your afterthought on those Dekoni pads.

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #1,423 of 2,740
I have the same problem that my ears would touch the grill of the Fazor!!!!

Are you getting Dekoni Sheepskin Ear Pads? I am looking forward to your afterthought on those Dekoni pads.

Yep, Dekoni Sheepskin ear pads.
It may takes some times for me to confirm if they are a solution, as there was no stock of those pads in Europ (I didnt want the Fenestrated pads)
I hope the 30 USD paid for the shipping will help getting those quicker.

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #1,424 of 2,740
Just want to post in here and just share that I always get blown away when I throw that EQ on. It really makes the headphones shine and just blow away every other headphone in my collection. I find the imaging to be very interesting too. Not a basshead but boy oh boy does it shine after EQ

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #1,425 of 2,740
Very agree! LCD-X with EQ are a very serious thing. Amazing pairing with RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Very agree! LCD-X with EQ are a very serious thing. Amazing pairing with RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Pls can you say more about this pairing. I am considering both of these and have read a lot about both but not about their pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back