LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #301 of 2,398

Quote:

The Q Cables are outstanding, they are both transparent in weight as well as sound.

My experience with purchasing from Steve was outstanding.  He was friendly, professional, and most of all responsive. 

Here are some pictures of the cables he mentioned in golden yellow.

Nice photos.  what is the length of the cable in the bottom photo?   The cable looks pretty flexible too.  My big concern now is the amount of stress the stiffness of a cable puts on the lower area of the LCD's wood opening where it gets connected.

May 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #303 of 2,398
     Quote:
Nice photos.  what is the length of the cable in the bottom photo?   The cable looks pretty flexible too.  My big concern now is the amount of stress the stiffness of a cable puts on the lower area of the LCD's wood opening where it gets connected.

The cable is extremely flexible with no stiffness whatsoever.  It can practically bend 90 degrees coming out of the connector.  Steve said the wire is designed to be able to take it with no problem.  In other words, there is no stress on the LCD-2s sockets or wood.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

May 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #306 of 2,398

Quote:

I ordered a 3m (9.8') pair.  I also shared your concerns about the strength and stress around the area where the cables meet the LCD-2.

After lurking on these forums for many months and reading all of the posts, I was sold on the Q Cable's weight.

I can attest that there is no semblance of microphonics, and the cables are very light and flexible.  The LCD-2 is (imho) quite heavy and I wanted a great sounding cable that wouldn't cost me a trip to the chiropractor after an extended listening session.

May 7, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #307 of 2,398

Quote:
Is it just me or do the Q-audio cables look like shoe laces?

Actually, "shoelace" is exactly what it says in the description on my invoices.
tongue.gif

I first had my braiding done by an old guy down in Texas who made replica cords for antique telephones. When I was trying to describe to him what I was wanting him to make for me (i.e. just a hollow cotton braid), he said "Oh, you just want shoelace?"

He retired and when I started using the company I'm using now, I kept the "shoelace" tradition.

se

May 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #309 of 2,398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back