1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. Wedge
    I want those leathers for the Y!...  [​IMG]

2. sluker
    Check out this thread
    http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502306/dark-voice-339

Quote:

3. Steve Eddy

Quote:

With or without spikes? [​IMG]

leather-studs1.jpg

se

4. tonyjin
    Ordered a 2.0M Black Magic Q-Audio cable from Steve. Very pleasant transaction and I'm looking forward to getting the cables!

5. kwkarth

Quote:
    With or without spikes?

6. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Neither.

He wants... rhinestones.

Ya get that? Rhinestones.

It's a DJ thing or something. I dunno.

Kids these days.

[​IMG]

se

7. Permagrin

I'm so glad I grew up right after that phase had died out. If only it didn't remind me of that awful song though!

Wait, are you saying they're back?!? Time to go back to under my rock...

8. brasewel
    Ordered a 4 conductor Norse Audio 3 pin balanced cable. Shipped it within a day and I should have it by Saturday [​IMG]

9. Permagrin
    ^^ Upgrading from stock? I think you'll be pleased with the sound.

10. brasewel
    Yes from stock. I did hear someone's else pair with the 8 conductor and I was pleasantly surprised at the difference in quality from stock. Unfortunately they're not selling the 8 conductor at the moment.

11. KingStyles Contributor
    I was looking at the alo cable that uses both the copper and the silver wire on the same cable. I was thinking about it later and I am wondering from all you cable experts if mixing wire like that could cause any sort of distortion or smearing. The two types of wires have a different inductance. Wouldnt there be some sort of time shift between the two types of wire in the time it reaches the driver? I am not trying to start a cable war or anything like that. It is just an expensive cable (almost 900) configured the way I want and am just trying to sort out my thoughts on what cable to buy in the future and I am wondering if this could be a problem on a very revealing system?

12. kwkarth

Quote:
    Just keep in mind that in a multiple conductor type like the copper/silver ALO, the two different conductors are in series so the signal has to travel through both conductors for a round trip.

13. DeadEars

Quote:

Wow!  You're really spending up a storm these days.  Big tax refund?

Anyway, congratulations.  You'll have a world-class system by the time you're done (and you're almost there...)

I didn't hear much difference between the 4-conductor vs. the 8-conductor.  BTW, I ordered one of Steve Eddy's "Q" cables.  Maybe we'lll catch up at another meet & compare cables. 

Best,

Frank

14. sridhar3
    Quote:

Are you planning to measure cables and see whose is longer? [​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Carry on.

15. brasewel

Quote:

LOL [​IMG]...no the whole upgrade to the LCDs and cable cost me around $400 at best. Definitely would like to compare cables.
    BTW my LCDs came in today and I'm just floored by their SQ. My LAs seemed like crap compared to this. I've got to listen to them for about 2 hours now and I can quickly pick all the flaws in my previous Denons.

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last