1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. WarriorAnt

Quote:

Nice photos.  what is the length of the cable in the bottom photo?   The cable looks pretty flexible too.  My big concern now is the amount of stress the stiffness of a cable puts on the lower area of the LCD's wood opening where it gets connected.

2. MHinGA
    Well I ordered the Q cables before going on vacation; Steve was a pleasure to deal with. 

3. HK_sends
         Quote:
    The cable is extremely flexible with no stiffness whatsoever.  It can practically bend 90 degrees coming out of the connector.  Steve said the wire is designed to be able to take it with no problem.  In other words, there is no stress on the LCD-2s sockets or wood.

Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends 

4. driftingbunnies
    Is it just me or do the Q-audio cables look like shoe laces?

5. HK_sends
        Quote:
    Round shoe laces, yes...and just about as flexible.

Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends

6. Bugbok

Quote:

I ordered a 3m (9.8') pair.  I also shared your concerns about the strength and stress around the area where the cables meet the LCD-2.

After lurking on these forums for many months and reading all of the posts, I was sold on the Q Cable's weight.

I can attest that there is no semblance of microphonics, and the cables are very light and flexible.  The LCD-2 is (imho) quite heavy and I wanted a great sounding cable that wouldn't cost me a trip to the chiropractor after an extended listening session.

7. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Actually, "shoelace" is exactly what it says in the description on my invoices. [​IMG]

I first had my braiding done by an old guy down in Texas who made replica cords for antique telephones. When I was trying to describe to him what I was wanting him to make for me (i.e. just a hollow cotton braid), he said "Oh, you just want shoelace?"

He retired and when I started using the company I'm using now, I kept the "shoelace" tradition.

se

8. Snips
    Lol can someone tell me what's the link to Q-Audio's site? I can't seem to find it no matter how hard I try.

9. Wedge
  10. sluker
    Thank you Steve.

Q-laces.jpg

11. WarriorAnt

Quote:

Hey what amp is that?

12. sluker

La Figaro 339
    Quote:

13. Steve Eddy

Quote:

You're quite welcome, sluker.

se

14. Permagrin

Wow! I know I'm obviously a newb to hi-fi but that's the first time I recall seeing an amp with a Faraday cage like that. Nice!

15. WarriorAnt

Quote:
    Ah, I didn't know it had a cage like that.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last