KSC75 and why everyone should own it at least once in their life.
Feb 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #61 of 73
Someone should do a package deal on the KSC75 with the Parts Express Mini-Headphones : fantastic, cheap combination. Add a Clip+ to the package and, IMO, you have the perfect 'Starter Kit' for those looking to get something portable without spending too much money - the total cost well under something like an iPod Classic. Package this 'kit' up and it would walk off the shelves IMO.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #63 of 73

Quote:

I would give the Portapro a shot if that headband didnt look like it was specifically designed as an implement of torture. Great headphones, poor band/clip designs IMO.

Hmm, I think the PortaPro is very comfortable save for the fact that it snags on my hair once in a while.

When they're just sitting on my head I can barely feel them. They're really light.

EDIT: Could you use the Parts Express headband for the PortaPro driver? Do they snap in just like the 75s do?

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #64 of 73
Definitely positive :p! For $15 can't be beat. Heck if the build quality was a bit better, these could easily go for $30, but the kind of ghetto build kinda adds to their charm imo :)

Quote:

Quote:
Just got a pair of these in and wow :| Not at all what I was expecting. Safe to say, like the title says, everyone should own these at least once.

Is that positive or negative?

Mine have been doing their job very well for casual mp3 listening. The ear clips, though, seem to get a bit loose every now and then and so the drivers will flap against my ears if I move too much, which can get a bit annoying. The cable seems a bit flimsy and cheap as well, but apart from those two things, no problems.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #65 of 73

Quote:
Quote:

I would give the Portapro a shot if that headband didnt look like it was specifically designed as an implement of torture. Great headphones, poor band/clip designs IMO.

Hmm, I think the PortaPro is very comfortable save for the fact that it snags on my hair once in a while.

When they're just sitting on my head I can barely feel them. They're really light.

EDIT: Could you use the Parts Express headband for the PortaPro driver? Do they snap in just like the 75s do?

The Portapros are also very comfortable for me. In fact, its the most comfy headphone I've used. I've no problems with it snagging my hair. Think it happened only once or twice.

Yes, the Parts Express headband can be used for Portapro/Sportapro drivers. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #66 of 73

Quote:
Yes, the Parts Express headband can be used for Portapro/Sportapro drivers. 

Several of the comments on the Parts Express site are from people who have done this and are happy, although one complained that the Mini Headphone isnt very comfortable - not sure what kind of deluxe experience he expected for $2 ....

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #67 of 73

Quote:
Definitely positive :p! For $15 can't be beat. Heck if the build quality was a bit better, these could easily go for $30, but the kind of ghetto build kinda adds to their charm imo :)

Quote:

Quote:
Just got a pair of these in and wow :| Not at all what I was expecting. Safe to say, like the title says, everyone should own these at least once.

Is that positive or negative?

Mine have been doing their job very well for casual mp3 listening. The ear clips, though, seem to get a bit loose every now and then and so the drivers will flap against my ears if I move too much, which can get a bit annoying. The cable seems a bit flimsy and cheap as well, but apart from those two things, no problems.

Glad to hear it :)
You know instead of the grado fans beating the sennheiser over the veil, they should change it to the ksc75 fan lol.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #68 of 73
So. I ordered a pair of these, and I'm a believer.  They remind me a LOT of my ATH-M50s I used to own (I broke those).

AWESOME, full-bodied sound with nice bass and sparkle.
Thank you, Mad Lust Envy, for making this thread.  Indeed everyone should own one at least once in their life.  It's freaking $13.00!  Just skip one nice dinner and you've got yourself a headphone worth $50+.

Think about it.

May 1, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #70 of 73
Great pair of <$20 phones. I'm wearing mine right now with a Parts Express headband. The headband does occasionally pull out my hair, but for $2 (+$5 shipping), they're a great alternative to the clips which I could not get used to at all. I have PX200 pads coming in on Monday to put on these guys. I accidentally cut the foam pads too much so the pad kinda slips off when I'm wearing it. Guess that's what I get when I blindly cut with scissors :D

May 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #71 of 73
Great pair of <$20 phones. I'm wearing mine right now with a Parts Express headband. The headband does occasionally pull out my hair, but for $2 (+$5 shipping), they're a great alternative to the clips which I could not get used to at all. I have PX200 pads coming in on Monday to put on these guys. I accidentally cut the foam pads too much so the pad kinda slips off when I'm wearing it. Guess that's what I get when I blindly cut with scissors :D

I personally thought they sounded muffled and boomy with the PX200 pads (I had bought a pair of PX200-II which cost me $85 and I STILL preferred the KSC75 over them). I love my KSC75 as is. :ksc75smile:

May 2, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #72 of 73
I was hoping that they'd be more comfy. The foam pads are a bit itchy. If they don't sound good to me, I'll probably just get some replacement foam pads from Amazon
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

I personally thought they sounded muffled and boomy with the PX200 pads (I had bought a pair of PX200-II which cost me $85 and I STILL preferred the KSC75 over them). I love my KSC75 as is.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #73 of 73
  I owned one briefly and they sounded very good. Too bad they killed my ears after 5 minutes so I got rid of them.

If you have Portapros/Sportapros, or UR40s, remove the clips and snap the KSC75 drivers onto the Portapro/Sportapro headband or snap them into the UR40 driver housing,

Also, if going the PP/SP headband route, PX200 earpads would improve comfort as bit as well.

If I end up getting some PPs of my own, I plan on sticking their KSC35 drivers into my UR40's driver housing and either recabling the KSC50 drivers outta the UR40s or getting some KSC75s and sticking those onto the Portapro headband along with some PX200 pads.

Most likely the buy-KSC75s-and-stick-them-on-the-PP-headband-along-with-some-PX200-earpads route. That way the darker and more refined KSC35/Portapros will be in a full-sized circum-aural openback enclosure that's comfortable as hell and the brighter KSC75s on the smaller and more portable supra-aural Portapro headband while still using comfortable earpads.

In addition, the foam pads at the back of the UR40 enclosures would be removed, opening them up a bit, probably improving soundstage, and exposing the blue Portapro drivers, which would actually look kinda cool showing through the silver mesh, would give them kind of a mini-me HD650 look in a way.

The KSC35/Portapro powered UR40s would be used at home most likely with my computer, and the KSC75-powered Portapros would be used on the go with a Sansa Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back