KSC75 and why everyone should own it at least once in their life.
Jan 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #31 of 73

Quote:
W-why would you need so many? Lol. They do make excellent gifts though.

I did it just to spread the love
biggrin.gif

I sold about 20 pairs to members here around the world. Where these cost easily over $30, people got a great deal. I made about $4 per pair after packing and shipping cost...not really worth my time for numerous trips to the post office but it was a good feeling to know many got to enjoy this bargain HP.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #32 of 73
  I felt the same way the first time I heard koss ktxpro1's .   Those are pretty nice sounding headphones for $15 .  Can't beat the value for small headphones, comfort could be a little better but the sound is excellent.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #33 of 73
It cost about $30 here in Indonesia.  I've been wondering about this phones, but go for IEM instead for I need isolation. And they kinda too bright for me, but the bass is good.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #34 of 73
I need to drop the $14 dollars or whatever it costs to get a pair of these. I have a pair of PortaPro's now that I use with my Clip. So maybe these things wouldnt be as dorky looking, not that I really care about the dork factor with PortaPro's. I love those things. The PortaPro's gallup too, when I plug them into my Sparrow.

I wonder how much the E5 would do for either?

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #35 of 73

Quote:
From what I've heard, the KSC75 is a titanium version of the Porta Pro driver and is a bit brighter and has slightly less bass.
I've compared them side by side and they definitely sound different.

That is how I set the EQ when I use my PortaPros with my phone (Samsung Fascinate). I don't increase the highs, since decreasing the lows a bit makes the mids clear enough. Hmm ... I may like the KSC75 better. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #36 of 73
Its about US$35 here in Singapore and the Portapros @ $59 but both are still good value for money. I like the KSC75 but loved the Portapros more. Kinda adicted to its fun sound these days.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #37 of 73
Got the KSC-75 today and have been spending some time listening + switching between this and the AKG K 314 buds that I so love.

I paid about 20 euros in total for the KSC-75, and for that price they really aren't bad. For the K 314, 6 euros + shipping, and for that price they are awesome.

First, it has to be said that I got rid of the foams for both the 314 and 75 in short order. Both phones sound too dark and bassy to me with the foams; ewwy. I have no idea how I'm going to protect the 75 drivers without the foam around, but... no big deal for now.

I haven't heard the higher-up Sennheisers, like the HD600, but the descriptions I've read about them – slight veil, smooth, laid-back sound – aren't too far off the KSC-75 as I hear it. Smooth and laid-back, definitely. This is a bit strange considering people here have been comparing the 75 to the Grado lineup, i.e. aggressive sound. The K 314 buds are considerably more in-your-face than the 75.

Switching back and forth, the 75 can make the 314 sound a slight bit cheap, but on the other hand the 314 are more energetic. After only a few hours, I wouldn't quite say which one I think is better. The 314 are, in my opinion, a bit better for classical as well as metal, but for mid-tempo indie the 75 aren't too bad, and in any case they are more mellow so I suppose they would do well for mellow moments.

The 314 only weigh 5 grams, eight times less than the 75. Still, the 75 aren't too uncomfortable either; the ear clips can be bent to fit ok. I prefer the 314 for comfort, but I guess you could say this about most any earbuds vs. bigger clip-ons.

In any case, for me the KSC-75 sound quite smooth and laid-back. Not bad at all for the price.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #38 of 73
I have the KSC 24's and they are so bad and disappointing (even for 24€ headphones) that I'm never going to buy Koss headphones again. Which is not a big deal for Koss considering my yearly budget but nonetheless.

Seriously, I have never heard headphones that sound so metallic and fatiguing. Are the 75's really that much better?

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #39 of 73

Quote:
I have the KSC 24's and they are so bad and disappointing (even for 24€ headphones) that I'm never going to buy Koss headphones again. Which is not a big deal for Koss considering my yearly budget but nonetheless.

Seriously, I have never heard headphones that sound so metallic and fatiguing. Are the 75's really that much better?

Maybe you didn't give them a chance to burn in. How long did you listen to them until you came to that conclusion?

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #40 of 73
Well, from the impedance measurements I can tell that the 24s use a different driver from the 75s or the PortaPros which are liked as well.  Never heard the 24s myself though.

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #41 of 73
Andddd another hit to my wallet. Bought it just now.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #42 of 73

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you didn't give them a chance to burn in. How long did you listen to them until you came to that conclusion?

Fair point, only listened to them for about 10 hours before writing them off as terrible. Guess I should burn them in some more and try again, although I doubt the burn-in isn't going to make miracles happen.

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #43 of 73
Quote:
I think they'd be great candidates for some serious modding.  Taking the driver out and putting it in a nice wooden enclosure would give you a great 'phone.

I've got a pair coming in today that I plan on slapping into my woodie Kanen KM-880 cups.  I've currently got the drivers from my portapros in them; it makes for a decent combo, but I think the brighter nature of the titanium driver will provide a better match.  I'll report back after I get some time to fiddle with them. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #44 of 73
Cool, sounds interesting.

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #45 of 73
I know the conversation has drifted from this... but..

UR40 and KSC75 sound very similar to me as well.

And KSC75's are better than any headphone I can think of less than $50..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back