KSC75 and why everyone should own it at least once in their life.
Jan 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #46 of 73
I've had some more time with the KSC-75* and have come to the conclusion that, on my computer, via the Auzen Bravura (SET 4), I like the K 314 buds better. The 75 have a bit better sound quality – but more importantly, the 314 are more fun-sounding, not to mention more comfortable. Through the Bravura, the 75 sound a bit too relaxed for my taste, but not bad by any means.

On my cheap Zen Stone mp3 player, however, everything is different. The K 314 sound a bit nasal while the KSC-75 are full, smooth and pleasing. Wonderful.
smile.gif

I rarely take the mp3 player outside, I usually carry it with me around the house when washing the dishes, cooking and things like that. I used to have my lowly Sennheiser MX460 buds permanently attached to the Zen just for that purpose, but the KSC-75 simply decimate the Sennheisers. I'm thinking this might be the new dominion for my 75.

*NO foam pads.

I should mention that, on my computer, I've slightly EQ'd down the upper end on both the 314 and 75. The 75 sound too bright without EQ with the foamies off. No EQ needed on the Zen player, though, and it doesn't have that functionality to begin with.

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #47 of 73
If you wanna talk FR graphs...

there have been a LOT of comments that the ATH-M50s sound like a refined KSC75, or that the KSC75 sounds like the M50...  No wonder!

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #48 of 73
Just got this in the mail. I am AMAZED.

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #49 of 73
I loOve mine as well, especially with my Sansa Clip. I can't use them on the bus or in busy public places but they are amazing for walking outside when it is quite (at night). Walking with IEM's amplifies internal body noises and pressure changes, the KSC75's don't do that and they make sure I can hear what is around me so I don't get runover. They do really need very low background noise. When I am walking alone I occasionally stop and stand still and silent and focus on the music. There is so much extra detail and space in the music that these can produce but is lost with any background noise. They're also very detailed with more amping and can produce strong and tight upper bass frequencies.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #51 of 73
I bought the ksc75 because this thread made them sound great and they are cheap. So far, with no real burn in, I like them a lot and I don't find them bright as some people claim.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #52 of 73
I don't find them too bright at all. But I do find them on the BRIGHT side of neutral.

The KSC75's driver actually does have a warm sound signature from what I have experienced, but the pads, and the way they rest on your ears alters their sound. The further the distance, the brighter they get. because of my ear shape relative to the KSC75's drivers, they are just slightly on the bright side.

Like I said, with the PX200 pleather pads, they get INCREDIBLY warm and smooth. Not my cup of tea whatsoever.

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #53 of 73
Can anyone who wears glasses comment on the comfort of these? Just seems like clip-ons would be especially uncomfortable for us as we already have something sitting on our ears.

Edit - Also, would you guys recommend these over the Portapros?

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #54 of 73
I'm still trying to find out how fit it perfectly. Right now I have to pull my earlobes and stuck it in the clips.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #55 of 73
^ Me too! haha it's kinda annoying but when I do finally get them on they feel secure and comfy. I don't have to worry about them falling out when i'm walking around like iem's.

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #56 of 73

Quote:
Can anyone who wears glasses comment on the comfort of these? Just seems like clip-ons would be especially uncomfortable for us as we already have something sitting on our ears.

Edit - Also, would you guys recommend these over the Portapros?

Its comfortable for me but I prefer it with a headband from Parts Express's $2 headphone. With a headband, I can lean back and lie down without it shifting and I get better bass.

I perfer the Portapros over these (slightly better sound to me) but the KSC75 is the king of bargain headphones, so its hard to recommend the Portapros over these. The KSC75's sound is very close to Portapro's at less than half its price. Anyway, its so cheap and is worth a shot. If you don't like clips, then just buy the $2 headphone from Parts Express and snap it on.

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #57 of 73

Quote:
 If you don't like clips, then just buy the $2 headphone from Parts Express and snap it on.

Sensational, given that the clip on the LHS of my 75s just snapped off :)

I would give the Portapro a shot if that headband didnt look like it was specifically designed as an implement of torture. Great headphones, poor band/clip designs IMO.

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #58 of 73
Just got a pair of these in and wow :| Not at all what I was expecting. Safe to say, like the title says, everyone should own these at least once.

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #59 of 73

Quote:
Just got a pair of these in and wow :| Not at all what I was expecting. Safe to say, like the title says, everyone should own these at least once.

Is that positive or negative?

Mine have been doing their job very well for casual mp3 listening. The ear clips, though, seem to get a bit loose every now and then and so the drivers will flap against my ears if I move too much, which can get a bit annoying. The cable seems a bit flimsy and cheap as well, but apart from those two things, no problems.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #60 of 73
Definitely sounded positive to me.

As for putting them on, it's so easy, I can't believe anyone is having problems with it. The biggest space between the clip and the driver is where the top of your ears go, then just move it until the fat end of the clip is right under your ear lobe. If you can't do that with one hand, and in 2 seconds or less, you're doing it wrong.

The KSC75 is easily the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn, once I got used to the feeling of a clip on. It takes a few days to get used to that feeling, then it's as if you have nothing on. I could wear these pretty much NONSTOP if I had to. Nothing in the headphone world has topped that. No Beyers, Denons, IEMS, nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back