Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #30,947 of 63,869
… If I had tested all three in a store, I would have taken the ZSR for sound and the ZS6 as a collector's item but would have left the ZS10 for somebody else and blown the money on beer :)… .
My ZS10 just arrived today. Listened quick before putting it in the burn-in pile. I didn't get much bass so I'm going to assume I had a fitment issue but since it was a quick listen no tip rolling to find something that worked. Nicer smoother than ZS6 across mids and highs. Still bright. I wish that KZ would tune to a less hair splitting signature. Although bright not as bad, painful, awful, very bright (take your pick depending on tolerance for lots of highs) as the ZS6. I'd take the ZSR at this time too but these need some burn-in and tip rolling until I can get a good, comfortable fit that allows the bass to be heard. Then I can make an honest assessment.

That's quite the list you have there. Just be mindful that orchestral recordings and jazz recordings prior to the digital revolution introduce an endless set of variables that can skew ones interpretation of what sounds "natural"(microphone used, placement of microphone, recording equipment, etc.). Then of course there is the supposed same track released on different compilations but the dynamics differ from one release to the next.…
I don't understand why whether analog or digital recording equipment is used makes a difference as to whether microphone used, placement, etc could or could not introduce an endless set of variables that can skew…

Or did you mean something different than what you've written?

How do the ZST compare to the ZSR? Also, anyone got the ZS6 recently? Green?
I received my set of green ZS6 so combined with my red ones I'm all set to swap covers for Xmas

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #30,948 of 63,869
Waiting For The Next Hype Train

train.jpg

Canada Post - Track - Personal Results Details-1.jpg

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #30,949 of 63,869
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #30,951 of 63,869
I got a ZS6 the other day from Amazon. Red, though, not green. I like them so far, but I haven't really listened to them too much yet.

Mine (green) delivered today to mailbox, I will report back later after work.

I received my green ZS6 a couple of days ago. :metal:

Thank you all, could you see if yours have this thing:

I'm Slater fixed you up but here is my last ZS6 Gray shell, tip ridge is clearly there:wink:

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #30,955 of 63,869
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #30,956 of 63,869
Yeah, I've tested the Image One a few years back but I didn't like the midrange or the sub-par isolation. If I remember correctly, out of the gate they were $150 and on sale they were $100.

At any rate, see if those ED15's can keep their composure with these tracks

Only the bottom three play in the UK but I'd 100 percent say these are made for trance. The Tiesto track and the Emma Hewitt remix in particular sound great. The bass is powerful but the mids and highs are unaffected with sparkly cymbals and clear vocals. Very immersive.

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #30,959 of 63,869
Finally my ZS10 started the long march (pun intended) from AK store.
Figuratively and literally I hope they will fly.

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #30,960 of 63,869
Well despite the focus on bass I'm not getting boomy with your test track "smooth operator".
Good point. That's the general problem with consistency in both equipment and music. I was using a Japanese version that "bangs" somewhat more in the bass than the vinyl version and the remastered greatest hits version.

iTunes-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back