Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #63,857 of 64,074
Circling around back here as I do every now and then. Loving my IEMs still. Years now. Can't even remember what they're called, a 3 BA each side from when the ASX and AST were around. The attachment pins are a bit wobbly. So I was reading a few recent pages of this thread. I do every now and then, thought I'd try out something new, CCA Trio. Saw a review someone had posted here and the guy was moving them around on a bit of paper with the magnets moving and repelling just with the magnetic force. Anyway, looking forward to trying them out.

I had this funny thought, you know, with KZ making lots of models and such, imagine if we look back from the future and realise the perfect IEM has already been made and we are just going round and round in consumer capatilist behaviour.:zipper_mouth: .

Anyway, moving right along I'll be waiting for the slow boat from China.. 🤪

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #63,858 of 64,074
Circling around back here as I do every now and then. Loving my IEMs still. Years now. Can't even remember what they're called, a 3 BA each side from when the ASX and AST were around. The attachment pins are a bit wobbly. So I was reading a few recent pages of this thread. I do every now and then, thought I'd try out something new, CCA Trio. Saw a review someone had posted here and the guy was moving them around on a bit of paper with the magnets moving and repelling just with the magnetic force. Anyway, looking forward to trying them out.

I had this funny thought, you know, with KZ making lots of models and such, imagine if we look back from the future and realise the perfect IEM has already been made and we are just going round and round in consumer capatilist behaviour.:zipper_mouth: .

If you order from kztws.com it usually ships to the USA in a week or so.

Apr 30, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #63,860 of 64,074

Due to individual variability, it is hard to think that there is a perfect IEM for everyone. But given how many different IEMs there are out there, there must be a "perfect" one for every of us. That is what we are trying to find when we buy a new set again, again and again.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #63,861 of 64,074
Due to individual variability, it is hard to think that there is a perfect IEM for everyone. But given how many different IEMs there are out there, there must be a "perfect" one for every of us. That is what we are trying to find when we buy a new set again, again and again.
While the AS24 is amazing, initial tests of pre-burnt in ZS10 PRO 2 are VERY promising. For a third the price of the AS24, I think the ZS10 PRO 2 is likely one of the best new value buys out there.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #63,862 of 64,074
You know what is better than a weekly sidegrade Pokemon release?

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

4.JPG

The evil empire strikes back yes.

Tuning switches yes. Comes with 2 versions yes.

5.JPG

3.JPG

$34 USD

https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-vader

2.JPG

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #63,863 of 64,074
KZ VADER ?! Looks like the KZ version of the Trio, but with 2 tuning options! Every time I load this website there's something new haha. With switches that either boost bass by 1-2db or mids/treble 1-2db.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #63,864 of 64,074

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

$34 USD

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

4.JPG

5.JPG
3.JPG

$34 USD

2.JPG
HAHA looks like we posted about it at the same time! I must say, I'm not a huge van of these recent gray KZ stylings... a bit boring. I LOVE the look of the Symphony, but sadly that one is a bit too bassy for some songs.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #63,866 of 64,074

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

$34 USD

This isn't even funny anymore. Vader balanced is absolutely the same as CCA Trio (compare the company graphs). Not only is the same hardware used, but they didn't even want to mess with the tuning anymore. So if you want it more expensive, buy it as a KZ and if you want it cheaper, buy it as a CCA. At first I thought they had completely lost their minds. Then I realised that they know very well what they are doing and that this primitive business model works well for them. Not all buyers are as discerning as the participants in headphone forums...

EDIT: And to be complete and objective, I consider the CCA Trio to be very good budget IEMs.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #63,867 of 64,074
This isn't even funny anymore. Vader balanced is absolutely the same as CCA Trio (compare the company graphs). Not only is the same hardware used, but they didn't even want to mess with the tuning anymore. So if you want it more expensive, buy it as a KZ and if you want it cheaper, buy it as a CCA. At first I thought they had completely lost their minds. Then I realised that they know very well what they are doing and that this primitive business model works well for them. Not all buyers are as discerning as the participants in headphone forums...

EDIT: And to be complete and objective, I consider the CCA Trio to be very good budget IEMs.
Also they didnt even tried with design IMO. Lately their releases are too similar visually.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #63,868 of 64,074

Ok thanks I was almost fooled, I'll consider the Trio (I love Castor Harman)

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #63,869 of 64,074

Attachments

• Vader Switches.jpg
    Vader Switches.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #63,870 of 64,074
Ok thanks I was almost fooled, I'll consider the Trio (I love Castor Harman)
Technically, the price is the same between the CCA Trio and the KZ Vader (Balanced Ver.), literally a one-dollar difference. I therefore suggest choosing the design you like more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back