Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 3, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #63,887 of 64,102
IMG_3339.jpeg

Giving the ZS10 Pro2 the best chance. It now sounds pretty smooth and spacious

May 3, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #63,888 of 64,102
I got my ZS10Pro2 a week ago and have been listing to it for several hours.
It's amazing as long as you like the brighter signature ahah. For me I just had to turn the switch off and use a tip to further cut it slightly and all is good. I can listen to this for hours without much issue.

Though I wonder if there are tips that can increase mids and reduce highs. Wanna try rolling more tips in the near future for this.
turn the switch off? Maybe I’m misreading their chart but is switch 4 not supposed to reduce the treble when turned on?

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #63,890 of 64,102
Yeah, it cut the treble by 1db when its ON
Just 1dB? This probably explains why didn’t notice any difference. And yes, tips seem to have a much bigger impact than the treble switch. I like the foam ones best since I’m also looking for best possible isolation.

May 3, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #63,891 of 64,102
I got my ZS10Pro2 a week ago and agree wi

turn the switch off? Maybe I’m misreading their chart but is switch 4 not supposed to reduce the treble when turned on?
I went to try again switch it on. I think I know why I switched it off. It increase treble but reduces sibilance. I probably need to listen it again in a quiet environment.

May 3, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #63,892 of 64,102
I went to try again switch it on. I think I know why I switched it off. It increase treble but reduces sibilance. I probably need to listen it again in a quiet environment.
There seems to be an issue with the 4th switch. The sound signature remains unchanged throughout the switch's range, I tried turning it on and off many times just to confirm.

Overall, the ZS10 Pro 2 delivers a good listening experience on its own. While the detail retrieval falls slightly behind options like the Tangzu and NiceHCK F1 Pro, it still remains excellent. In comparison to the Trio, the ZS10 Pro 2 is a clear step up.

The Nova offers a safer and thicker sound profile compared to the ZS10 Pro 2. If you're a listener who prefers higher volumes, the Nova might be a better choice. Similar to other KZ models, the ZS10 Pro 2 struggles with uneven distribution between driver groups at high volume.

However, I discovered a workaround by using shorter ear tips (like the Spinfit 1025) to reduce the distance between the drivers and my eardrums. At least it reduces some top end harshness from some bad recordings for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_164533.jpg
    IMG_20240503_164533.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240503_164607.jpg
    IMG_20240503_164607.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
May 3, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #63,893 of 64,102
There seems to be an issue with the 4th switch. The sound signature remains unchanged throughout the switch's range, I tried turning it on and off many times just to confirm.

Overall, the ZS10 Pro 2 delivers a good listening experience on its own. While the detail retrieval falls slightly behind options like the Tangzu and NiceHCK F1 Pro, it still remains excellent. In comparison to the Trio, the ZS10 Pro 2 is a clear step up.

The Nova offers a safer and thicker sound profile compared to the ZS10 Pro 2. If you're a listener who prefers higher volumes, the Nova might be a better choice. Similar to other KZ models, the ZS10 Pro 2 struggles with uneven distribution between driver groups at high volume.

However, I discovered a workaround by using shorter ear tips (like the Spinfit 1025) to reduce the distance between the drivers and my eardrums. At least it reduces some top end harshness from some bad recordings for me.
I think the 1db is very very little. I think need to really listen carefully to see if there’s a difference. I currently reduce it by using either the final audio E type or xelastics. Some track that are heavy cymbals can be too bright for me

May 3, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #63,895 of 64,102
I'm working on an extensive listening test, pitting the KZ Symphony, AS24, ZS10 PRO 2, ZS6, EDX, my new Airpods Pro 2, and when I'm at work, my Tangzu Wan'er against a formidable playlist containing all sorts of genres and my favorite songs. I finally devised an easy ranking system: 0-3 enjoyment. I'm not really comparing these buds against each other as much as I'm simply ranking how much I like listening to the songs with each earbud. I will post my full conclusions in a detailed post, likely in a week or two.

Early thoughts: I'm being quite harsh with the Symphony. I was at first enamored with it, but that was because I was coming off of a several years' hatus of buying new earbuds. Now, I'm realizing it just doesn't perform that well on certain genres. tHe ZS10 pro 2 is passing with flying colors, and the AirPods Pro 2, once I nailed down the best sound settings, are also very, very impressive.

May 3, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #63,896 of 64,102
Where is y’alls sweet spot using the ZS 10 Pro 2 bass switches? I have mine at 1001 (level 1 bass boost, treble reduction) and feel quite happy with it when using foam tips.

May 3, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #63,897 of 64,102
Where is y’alls sweet spot using the ZS 10 Pro 2 bass switches? I have mine at 1001 (level 1 bass boost, treble reduction) and feel quite happy with it when using foam tips.
I have all the bass switches up and the treble down [so not reduced] and they sound great...but still not quite enough sub bass for me. The ZS6 is better in that department, and indeed, they claim a frequency response of 7-40,000 but i'm a tad skeptical of that haha.
EDIT: There is enough bass to make them a strong contender against other buds but I personally would prefer just a tad more subbass.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #63,899 of 64,102
Was listening to my KZ S10 ProX yesterday after it had been in a draw for a year, loved it while I was out walking. Remembered why I liked them once. Bought the KZ AST and never really listened to the ProX again. But will certainly do so again, have updated to a decent cable and foam tips on them. Will buy the KZ S10 Pro 2 sometime the price dives.

May 3, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #63,900 of 64,102
Was listening to my KZ S10 ProX yesterday after it had been in a draw for a year, loved it while I was out walking. Remembered why I liked them once. Bought the KZ AST and never really listened to the ProX again. But will certainly do so again, have updated to a decent cable and foam tips on them. Will buy the KZ S10 Pro 2 sometime the price dives.
Looking at the AST, I wonder if I should have bought that instead of the AS24... what's the difference though? does the 24 use the old BAs and the AST use the new ones? also the claimed FR on the AST is wider (10-40k)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back