1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. mbwilson111
    When you say bass filters for the ED9, do you mean the duller or the brighter more shiny one? I keep getting confused when people say which one they prefer.

2. TheVortex
    Looks like my colleague is a lucky bugger and got his ZS10's before me.

First blue ones in the UK??

DSC_1791.JPG

I ordered the black one which got dispatched later. The one above with the mic as well.

3. WildSeven
    Word from the company "We've got so many models coming out every year so there's got to be 1 that suits you, if you can't find what you like, keep buying and don't loose hope."

Jokes aside, I'd probably settle with 1 good iem and call it a day, but in this hobby my ears tells me what to do not my wallet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    charlescc2 likes this.
  4. weedophile
    Well, place an order. Problem solved xD

5. phower
    The shiny one with the slope. The balanced is dull and flat surface

mbwilson111 likes this.
  6. phower
    I am not buying a KZ for $40. For $10 more, you can buy many full size cans from Sennheiser's low end which will have better quality control and be better engineerd.

My limit is $25 per KZ iem. Let's not become hoarders and encourage KZ to pump out mediocre products

7. mbwilson111
    Thanks for clarifying.

There were no instructions to suggest what each filter would do. I like the dull one. My ED9 has plenty of bass for me with that one.

8. Otto Motor
    Thanks. After the first impression, I'll now take my time to have a longer look at the ZS10. For that purpose, I will not only use the dragonfly but also the Schiit Fulla and Montblanc FiiO E12 amp.

There are contrasting comments in that others think the bass of the ZSR is stronger. Some of my impressions could be owing to source, fit etc.. And I also put high expectations into a 5 driver earphone. Let's see whether others will love the ZS10 more.

Your "spoilers" and comments generated my desire to find the perfect standard music pieces for testing, subdivided into categories such as bass, soundstage, vocals etc.
    One that is extremely useful for testing (overemphasized) treble is "Build" by the Housemartins (hi hats; also a good baseline towards the beginning; remaster needed, youtube version is not good enough).

Good one for identifying boomy bass is Sade - Smooth Operator.

Below is the start of a playlist subdivision...

iTunes.jpg

9. Otto Motor
    Why don't you just use the red ones instead :)?

e12.jpg

10. Otto Motor
    Sennheiser HD231 (list price $90 CAD)...discontinued...a mini HD598. Bass as tight as a nun's nasty. Rivals the iBasso IT01...probably even wins the voice department. Picked one up at best buy for $25 CAD. As the name implies...best buy ever.

sennheiser-hd231i_3.jpg

11. C2thew
    I just want the KZ ZS4 released. I'd probably sell my ZS6 if the ZS4 adds a little bit more treble to the ZS3. The fit/comfort has been the best KZ headphone for me to date. Pair that with my new TRN bluetooth cable and it'd be the perfect setup for me.

rayliam80 likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    I did not get red ones with my ED9.

13. B9Scrambler
    No one did. Those are more than likely GR filters. ED9 comes with brass colored (balanced) and gold colored (bass) filters.

Otto Motor likes this.
  14. phower
    Is it still on sale? I might pick up one too? I am in the GTA by the way.

15. Bartig
    I started to love my ZSR even more after listening the ZS10 for the first hours. :)

Yes! The ZSR have the best tuning of KZ so far I think, focused on fun AND details. The bass is ever present, the mids aren’t in-your-face close and you can throw every genre at it without adjusting volume because one or two frequencies are suddenly louder than others - a problem occurring on the ZS5 and ZS10 I have.

The ZS10 is brighter sounding and more vocal focused, but at the same time there’s something just wrong with the tonality. :frowning2: Some vocals and instruments sound blown-up or just plain fake. The drums in Michael Prins’ Blackbird near the end, What is wrong with that?

stryed likes this.