Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 8, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #28,937 of 64,179
Mar 9, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #28,938 of 64,179
I still love mem wire. Don`t understand why ppl hate it? Because of tangling when taking out or harder to storage?

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #28,939 of 64,179
I still love mem wire. Don`t understand why ppl hate it? Because of tangling when taking out or harder to storage?

I like the memory wire as well! My ATR's cable just hates staying behind my ears, and with a memory wire it's no issue.

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #28,940 of 64,179
My washers arrived and I did Slater's sub bass increase mod. I did notice a difference. I like it.
IMG_20180309_153055.jpg

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #28,942 of 64,179
I would also like white and red ZSR shells... but only for modding & fit-experience. If there will be major discount for ZSR, I`ll probably grab it.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #28,944 of 64,179
If after getting a good seal with the included eartips, you still find a lack of bass, you could put a little scotch tape over the tiny hole next to the nozzle. this can be tuned to your preference with a small needle. Just poke a hole in the tape over the port. This is a totally reversible mod that I believe @Slater came up with.

Comply-style foam eartips are a necessity for me to be able to get a good seal. You could give those a try as well. Remember, good seal = bass.

Thanks for the kind replies everyone!
I did experiment with the tips to get a better seal, and I do notice a difference. I was a bit hesitant about how far I could insert them into my ear, but they fit much better now in my ears. I will experiment with foam tips though, just to see what it's like. Gonna order some soon :).

Really happy with my purchase now!!

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #28,946 of 64,179
kinda annoying the memory wire in the silver kz cable , i got a pair of earhooks to deal with it on my zs3 and zst (both with silver cable)

my question is: is it easy to remove this memory wire without damaging the cable itself? did anyone tried to do it before?

Yes, with a little care you can split the strain relief enough to expose the end of the wire and then just pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers. it doesn't attach to anything inside the shell so will just slide out without touching anything else as long as you don't cut the wire when exposing it.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #28,950 of 64,179
I like the memory wire as well! My ATR's cable just hates staying behind my ears, and with a memory wire it's no issue.

I like both for difference purposes:

Memory wire when out of the house...iems stay better in.
No memory wire at home/in bed...too much fiddling when taking the iems in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back