1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Otto Motor
  2. DocHoliday
    Understood. I'll be adding more information in an edit for this very reason so check back later this evening perhaps (for the updated info).

3. Otto Motor
    Your information is just fine. It is KZ's inconsistency I am alluding to :ksc75smile:.

4. B9Scrambler
    KZ? Inconsistent? :thinking:

hakuzen, riffrafff, Slater and 3 others like this.
  5. F4yze
    I use the laser bond glue as mentioned by Slater. It really comes in handy! I deposited a little of the glue elsewhere and dip the tip of a safety pin in it. I then use it to apply a tiny amount around the inside edge of the nozzle and the rim of the washer. Harden it with the UV light and done.

charlescc2, Slater and Makahl like this.
  6. DocHoliday
    Absolutely; likewise. That's the additional information I'll be focusing on. In the meantime, hakuzen's work will serve as evidence. See the following post for more insight.

Also, looking at those graphs, notice how much the midrange is effected.
    Just.....all over the place. I always say that small tweaks in the wrong areas can take things from pleasant to offensive without much effort.

Slater may be able to chime in on removing the foam that sits between the mesh screen and BA to open things up on your ES3. Just a thought....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    hakuzen likes this.
  7. mrmoto050
    Just on a curious note; did one have a mic and the other didn't? Just wondering.

8. Otto Motor
    I am just trying to listen to the music videos accompanying your review...many of them "are not available". Is Canada being blocked out?

9. DocHoliday
    I don't recall. You'll have to search tor hakuzen's original post for more detail.

Also, Otto, I will quote one of hakuzen's earlier posts in order to paint a clearer picture.

hakuzen likes this.
  10. Otto Motor
    Setup for following Doc's review including youtube audio samples.
    MacBook Air, audioquest jitterbug, audioquest dragonfly, early adopted KZ ES3.

Observation: Pretty good, but that soft however punchy and overall overwhelming bass is pounding against my eardrums.

A word on the jitterbug: it works in as it audibly lifts the sound off the floor.

ES3.jpg

rayliam80 likes this.
  11. Otto Motor
    !!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  12. DocHoliday

Here is the list and their links:
    Basia - Promises

Alphawezen - Into The Stars

Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats

Swingout Sister - Twilight World

Tiesto - Close To You

Delerium - After All

Massive Attack -Teardrop

Guitarra G (Afterlife Remix)

Dead Composers feat. Cathy Battistesta - Starlight

Jakatta - One Fine Day (Original Mix)

Dave Seaman - My Own Worst Enemy (Original Mix)

I usually try to go through the artist's "topic" pages, otherwise you get more random quality when seeking out a particular track from John Doe uploads. If these links are still blocked in Canada then you can search YouTube by artist and track but the sound quality may be different and as a result subsequent discussions may prove problematic since it's not the same exact file being discussed.

13. Slater
    Don't have the ES3 - It's one of the few KZs I don't have.

If they did the foam like other IEMs (KZ ZS3, BlitzWolf ES1, etc), it should be as simple as gently lifting the nozzle mesh off with a sewing needle, and pulling the foam out with said needle (or tweezers). Then putting the nozzle screen back on.

DocHoliday likes this.
  14. CYoung234
    The starlines are good, but I am finding for myself that the KZ Turbo / Whirlwind tips are even better. They have a larger bore, so they really work well. I also have some Tennmak Turbo / Whirlwinds on order, which are supposed to be more durable than the KZ ones. Actually for me, with these tips, I have a hard time imagining that you could want MORE bass. These go very deep and have a lot of slam. Very dynamic!

HungryPanda and Strat Rider like this.
  15. CYoung234
    Sorry - I forgot to include your quote - see my reply to Otto Motor, but I like KZ Turbo / Whirlwinds with my ZS6's...