Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #28,955 of 63,917
Really cool! Is the seal tight enough or you need to put some glue around the nozzle?

I use the laser bond glue as mentioned by Slater. It really comes in handy! I deposited a little of the glue elsewhere and dip the tip of a safety pin in it. I then use it to apply a tiny amount around the inside edge of the nozzle and the rim of the washer. Harden it with the UV light and done.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #28,956 of 63,917
Your information is just fine. It is KZ's inconsistency I am alluding to :ksc75smile:.

Absolutely; likewise. That's the additional information I'll be focusing on. In the meantime, hakuzen's work will serve as evidence. See the following post for more insight.

Thanks for this hakuzen.Those readings in your first chart show such a wide variance, which is concerning. Clear evidence of why two different people hear two different things. Unacceptable QC!

For those of us who are older than god:

The joys of finger-painting.....

Also, looking at those graphs, notice how much the midrange is effected.
Just.....all over the place. I always say that small tweaks in the wrong areas can take things from pleasant to offensive without much effort.

Slater may be able to chime in on removing the foam that sits between the mesh screen and BA to open things up on your ES3. Just a thought....

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #28,958 of 63,917
Absolutely; likewise. That's the additional information I'll be focusing on. In the meantime, hakuzen's work will serve as evidence. See the following post for more insight.

Also, looking at those graphs, notice how much the midrange is effected.
Just.....all over the place. I always say that small tweaks in the wrong areas can take things from pleasant to offensive without much effort.

Slater may be able to chime in on removing the foam that sits between the mesh screen and BA to open things up on your ES3. Just a thought....
I am just trying to listen to the music videos accompanying your review...many of them "are not available". Is Canada being blocked out?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #28,959 of 63,917
Just on a curious note; did one have a mic and the other didn't? Just wondering.

I don't recall. You'll have to search tor hakuzen's original post for more detail.

Also, Otto, I will quote one of hakuzen's earlier posts in order to paint a clearer picture.

.....if we find mids too forwarded or recessed, play with the foam in the nozzle (it tames the mids which come from the dynamic driver).
for the price they cost, i found them more competent (resolution, imaging, etc.) than many other hybrid iems which costed me 4x more, and i like their tonal signature. so they are a very good value, imo.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #28,960 of 63,917
Setup for following Doc's review including youtube audio samples.
MacBook Air, audioquest jitterbug, audioquest dragonfly, early adopted KZ ES3.

Observation: Pretty good, but that soft however punchy and overall overwhelming bass is pounding against my eardrums.

A word on the jitterbug: it works in as it audibly lifts the sound off the floor.

ES3.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #28,962 of 63,917
I am just trying to listen to the music videos accompanying your review...many of them "are not available". Is Canada being blocked out?

Here is the list and their links:
Basia - Promises

Alphawezen - Into The Stars

Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats

Swingout Sister - Twilight World

Tiesto - Close To You

Delerium - After All

Massive Attack -Teardrop

Guitarra G (Afterlife Remix)

Dead Composers feat. Cathy Battistesta - Starlight

Jakatta - One Fine Day (Original Mix)

Dave Seaman - My Own Worst Enemy (Original Mix)

I usually try to go through the artist's "topic" pages, otherwise you get more random quality when seeking out a particular track from John Doe uploads. If these links are still blocked in Canada then you can search YouTube by artist and track but the sound quality may be different and as a result subsequent discussions may prove problematic since it's not the same exact file being discussed.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #28,963 of 63,917

Don't have the ES3 - It's one of the few KZs I don't have.

If they did the foam like other IEMs (KZ ZS3, BlitzWolf ES1, etc), it should be as simple as gently lifting the nozzle mesh off with a sewing needle, and pulling the foam out with said needle (or tweezers). Then putting the nozzle screen back on.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #28,964 of 63,917
The included "starline" tips are actually quite good and highly appreciated here - I just ordered some more from aliexpress. You will have to find out for yourself whether you like comply foam tips. I personally do not, and many others don't either.

Did you, as a first step, play with the different sizes of the included tips? Do you have any other earphones the tips of which you can try out on our ZS6?

If there is a problem with the included tips, what is it?

The starlines are good, but I am finding for myself that the KZ Turbo / Whirlwind tips are even better. They have a larger bore, so they really work well. I also have some Tennmak Turbo / Whirlwinds on order, which are supposed to be more durable than the KZ ones. Actually for me, with these tips, I have a hard time imagining that you could want MORE bass. These go very deep and have a lot of slam. Very dynamic!

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #28,965 of 63,917
guys how can I improve the bass of kz zs6 anyone have some suggestion for tips I cant get a good seal with kz zs6 thanks

Sorry - I forgot to include your quote - see my reply to Otto Motor, but I like KZ Turbo / Whirlwinds with my ZS6's...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back