Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #12,856 of 63,836
Guys, ZS3 bass problems seem to lessen.. switched to L sized tips (from Rock Zircon) with shallow insertion. Though I dont like shallow fit that much, will give this ZS3 a chance tomorrow while commuting.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #12,857 of 63,836
Can anybody compare a Joyroom e103 with a Rock Zircon or with a KZ HDS1/ZN1/ZS3/ZST ?

Im thinking about buying one, and I read good things about it... But I would like to read some comparison between my owned earphones.

i happen to have joyroom e103 and rock zircon... also had hds1

in my ears e103 feels like ate albeit with sharper high. i hate the eartips that came with it though

zircon can be summed up with one word : BASS
but with the right tips, you can greatly decrease it though. using tips with big hole can turn this bass monster into a decent V-shape one
amazing build quality on the housing, but many people reported that the right side stopped working after few months, coincidentally the same side as microphone. I guess the joint between right housing and mic is the most fragile part.
also, the most pleasing iem to hear asmr videos on sub $15. if you don't know this thing, find it on youtube and you can thank me later

had the hds1, though i can just borrow my brother's pair when i meet him(it's like his favorite kz iem). from my memory, hds1 doesn't have sub bass and has a smooth treble like ate. also, it doesn't seems isolate sound much to me maybe because of the small housing, small nozzle and the open back design...

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #12,858 of 63,836
Anyone who think's the zs3s bass insufficient, listen to Michael Jackson's Liberian girl. Stunning. Why would you even need/want more bass!! Lol I know some of you crawl for the most bass,i think that's something I'll never understand... It ruins the music for me

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #12,859 of 63,836
Anyone who think's the zs3s bass insufficient, listen to Michael Jackson's Liberian girl. Stunning. Why would you even need/want more bass!! Lol I know some of you crawl for the most bass,i think that's something I'll never understand... It ruins the music for me

Agreed. ZS3 has plenty of bass. More than I like, usually. Sometimes I'm in the mood for some skull crushing bass, but I have the original ZS1 for that 
basshead.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #12,861 of 63,836
9 weeks later, my ZS3s just arrived. Unfortunately, I just came down with a case vof vestibular neuritis, so I'm gonna refrain from sticking things in my ear for a while. Anyway, is there something I should do to break these in? I'm not really a big audiophile but since I have this extra downtime,I might as well.What method should I use? White noise? Leaving it on a playlist? What volume?

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #12,862 of 63,836
9 weeks later, my ZS3s just arrived. Unfortunately, I just came down with a case vof vestibular neuritis, so I'm gonna refrain from sticking things in my ear for a while. Anyway, is there something I should do to break these in? I'm not really a big audiophile but since I have this extra downtime,I might as well.What method should I use? White noise? Leaving it on a playlist? What volume?

I believe most users here just let it play some musics at your usual volume. No need to stress it too much (like using max volume or something).

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #12,863 of 63,836

You made me Google "vestibular neuritis."  Get well soon!

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #12,864 of 63,836

Different strokes for different folks :) I like my music with impactful bass definitely being the most prominent. BUT seahf eg009 iem was yesterday sent to my country from China, hope it will be another kicker after the zircons.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #12,865 of 63,836
The ZS3 has more than enough bass for my taste
smily_headphones1.gif
however, they do give me this weird pressurized sensation in my left ear. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the ZS3, ZST, and ATE. I have a severe fit issue with the ZS3. I also have this pressurized feelings on both ears but more so on the left. These just don't fit my ears at all, the connectors rub against the side of my ears all the time. It is a shame, I like the sound of the ZS3 quite a bit. The tips keep getting stuck inside my ears also.

The ZS3 and ZST made the ATE (my first KZ) quite incompetent for me.

Is it just me or these KZs really need to be burnt in before they reach their true characteristics?

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #12,866 of 63,836
  I have the ZS3, ZST, and ATE. I have a severe fit issue with the ZS3. I also have this pressurized feelings on both ears but more so on the left. These just don't fit my ears at all, the connectors rub against the side of my ears all the time. It is a shame, I like the sound of the ZS3 quite a bit. The tips keep getting stuck inside my ears also.

The ZS3 and ZST made the ATE (my first KZ) quite incompetent for me.

Is it just me or these KZs really need to be burnt in before they reach their true characteristics?

Try those double flange tips which are much longer than normal tips. Also when inserted, pull your ear a bit so air can get in your ear canal. Problem solved probably.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #12,869 of 63,836
Has anyone tried the TFZ Series 5 and compared to any of the KZs? Heard the Series 5 is super bassy. I understand they are at a different price point, but if we learn anything from KZ IEMs, the price isn't everything, is it.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #12,870 of 63,836
Those are the steps. The photos show some smaller tips inside out. The rubber nozzles are pointing up. You cut those off as close as possible to the base. You then put them on the ATE backwards then the hard part which is putting your normal silicone tips around the forward facing ones. I ruined my first set of small tips by cutting too close, but any sharp kitchen knife will work. You have to really look and make sure the cut is smooth and even. I did one with sissiors and one with a knife and the knife is 100% better.

This mod would be for people who have a hard time getting a seal because the ATE nozzles are massive. The inner reversed tip causes the second pair of original tips to stay farther out. The same effect can occur with small O rings before your tips are put on.

The sound seemed less dramatic going back a forth today, also I'm still trying to get a handle on how the sound of the IEMs change. One thing though is because of the outward pressure they stay in place like crazy.

Good luck.

I really think it both pulls the mids a little and pulls the bass a lot, though my opinion could change.

Oh I get it now. My friend actually has a KZ ATE and I have the KZ ED9 and I love the sound of the ATE as much as my ED9. I was doing this so I can try it on his. I would probably just do this when I finally bought my pair of KZ ATE or ATR. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back