Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 30, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #12,466 of 64,011
For EDM and Dubstep, should I get the ED, KS or ATE range of IEM? What are the differences between them.

Yinjw "IE800" wooden version.

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #12,468 of 64,011
  Anyone know what EQ is good to bring out the vocals and clarity for ZST? Been playing with the EQ, can't seem to find the right mix

I can't seem to find an EQ adjustment that improves the sound of the ZST over the stock tuning (for my preference)

From what I've experienced they don't seem to respond very well to EQ adjustments

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #12,473 of 64,011
Hi there! Can anyone tell me wich one is better? I'm not decided between the ZST or the Zircon. Right now I have the Xiaomi Hybrids and the ATE and I prefer the ATE for their insane isolation, overall signature and tight punchy bass. However I would like a bassier IEM with punchy bass and still with good detail and instrument separation for rock. Wich one would suit my taste better? ZST or Zircons? Help me please

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #12,474 of 64,011
  I can't seem to find an EQ adjustment that improves the sound of the ZST over the stock tuning (for my preference)

From what I've experienced they don't seem to respond very well to EQ adjustments

Same, I can't seem to find a good EQ that suits my preference. Unfortunately the ZST are not very responsive to EQing. I'll keep playing with it until I find something I like.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #12,475 of 64,011
Hi there! Can anyone tell me wich one is better? I'm not decided between the ZST or the Zircon. Right now I have the Xiaomi Hybrids and the ATE and I prefer the ATE for their insane isolation, overall signature and tight punchy bass. However I would like a bassier IEM with punchy bass and still with good detail and instrument separation for rock. Wich one would suit my taste better? ZST or Zircons? Help me please

Not sure about the Zircons though I heard those are bass monsters, with a good soundstage as well.

ZST though has really good isolation even with stock tips and a good amount of bass as well. Details and separation is pretty good too though you would probably want to get the silver cables to improve it.

But if you prefer the ATE you might prefer the Zircons 

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #12,476 of 64,011
Has anyone tested the ZS2? Care to give some impressions? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #12,477 of 64,011
  Has anyone tested the ZS2? Care to give some impressions? 
biggrin.gif

Impression? OK, here's my best Donald Trump

<rolls around in bowl of cheetos, applies shredded wheat to head>

'The ZS2 is the sort of earphone that Crooked Hillary would use, she's probably been using them her whole adult life. The bass maybe bigly, but they're ugly dogs. A credible source has just called my office to tell me they're not made in China but in Mexico, we need a wall, a big wall and KZ will pay for it. They're big earphones, my ears aren't small, I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee. No one guarantees like Trump I guarantee it'

Seriously though, if you can get them cheap then they'd be good for the gym non critical listening but the ZS3 is a big improvement.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #12,479 of 64,011
Finally after waiting for replies which i didn't get here to make final decision, confused i order the KZ ATE for $6.96 after $2 off.

I'll be upgrading from soundmagic ES18 , is it a good choice to move from ES18 to ATE ?
Are they as comfortable as ES18 with default provide tips and provide tight fit with good noise isolation ?
And if it's reliable enough to use more than 1 year as i take great care of my earphone.
And it should be comfortable while laying on bed too :p
The main music genre I'll listen is EDM, Pop and Rock.

If these earphones are not good for this type of music as compared to ES18 please suggest other below $9.
How's Uiisii HM7 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back