Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 24, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #48,601 of 63,972
I was referencing the old saying ‘audiophiles don’t buy gear to listen to music, they buy music to listen to their gear’ :wink:

...as quoted in my signature... the gear serves the music.

I have been a music lover my whole life. I have been a Headfi member for less than three years.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #48,602 of 63,972
So It seems KZ is now using a narrower nozzle size compared to before?

(old models like KZ5 vs new ones like KZ T1 and E10)

All my old foam tips are too big and stay in my ear when I take the earphones out my ear!

Anyone know what ones / size I should be going for on AliExpress now?

thanks in advance

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #48,603 of 63,972
considering the AS10. the noise isolation rating on rtings is what piqued my interest the most.

Is there a more isolating IEM out there for the price? Has KZ made more/equally isolating IEMs since?
the zs4 and zs3 have really great isolation

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #48,607 of 63,972
I haven't followed the Chi-Fi releases in a while and I'm looking for a new set of IEMs. I would like to purchase something with a similar fit to the KZ ZSN/ZS5 (as the KZ ZS10 fit me rather poorly) but with a better soundstage and overall better audio quality. Would the KZ ZS10 Pro or the KZ ZSX Terminator be good IEMs in my situation? Or do you have other recommendations for other KZ IEMs or even other brands?

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #48,608 of 63,972
KZ ZSX Terminator are big potatoes in your ears.. my first iems and havent used them ever..i dondt care about the sound if i have a potatoe in my ears :wink:
Also i hate those 2 pin things

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #48,609 of 63,972
KZ ZSX Terminator are big potatoes in your ears.. my first iems and havent used them ever..i dondt care about the sound if i have a potatoe in my ears :wink:
Also i hate those 2 pin things
You are missing out. I just put on the Radio Shack medium tips and they added even more than the Starlines. The ZSXs are amazing sounding, even notwithstanding the price.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #48,610 of 63,972
I agree KZ ZSX are excellent iems, I'm using shallow wide bore tips on mine and they sound great

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #48,611 of 63,972
ok so nice to know :wink: i should give them a more love.. just need an adapter for mmcx because i dondt want to use the potatoe cables that i got for this... well i wont buy adapters.. sorry KS ZSX.. press "F"
I am just so happy with Tin p1 and Shuoere Tape (i cant spell this stupid name.. sorry.. never works :wink: ) that can be driven to the mars on my E1DA PowerdacV2 and 9038s mobile

Well they wont run away those KSs :wink:
I guess with some eqing they cold be really nice too.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #48,612 of 63,972
And I am now dangerously close to picking up a balanced cable for the ZSX just to see what happens with the ES100 in balanced mode.

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #48,613 of 63,972
And I am now dangerously close to picking up a balanced cable for the ZSX just to see what happens with the ES100 in balanced mode.
It's pretty awesome. I was driving mine with the ES100 and a nice balanced cable (probably from the banned company), but since I got my R5, I swapped out for a 4.4 balanced cable and they basically haven't been unplugged for very long. The ZSX doesn't mind more power at all, but you'll have to notch the volume down at least a little. On the R5, I have to turn it down a lot.

But the ES100 and a balanced cable will make for some happy ears.

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #48,614 of 63,972

Going to balanced on the ES100 you might hear a better stereo separation, but with an already wide soundstaged IEMs the difference might be minimal. Power-wise, i reckon the ZSX is similar to the ZS10Pro, so going balanced for more gain won't be necessary.
I usually use balanced on the ES100 for my high impedanced earbuds/headphone, or for IEMs that's more center focused soundstage.

Oct 25, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #48,615 of 63,972
I haven't followed the Chi-Fi releases in a while and I'm looking for a new set of IEMs. I would like to purchase something with a similar fit to the KZ ZSN/ZS5 (as the KZ ZS10 fit me rather poorly) but with a better soundstage and overall better audio quality. Would the KZ ZS10 Pro or the KZ ZSX Terminator be good IEMs in my situation? Or do you have other recommendations for other KZ IEMs or even other brands?
I will try to help you out but I need some more info from you. First of all...what kind of genres of music do you mostly listen to? There is NO SUCH THING, as an earphone that "does it all the best". If you only listen to a specific genre or certain songs, it's easier to find the one iem that gives you the most enjoyment from that genre or select set of songs. If you like multiple genres (like I do), then you might wanna get several different sets to use when switching genres. Also, you don't mention the kind of sound signature that you like. Do you prefer bassy and warm, or highly detailed but more subdued in the bass? Forward midrange or laid back? Detailed treble or smooth with a big soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back