Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #48,586 of 63,914
I actually meant to quote @emeraldstone who said "They are ~6mm. @Keputs uses the CP155 on the ZSX." ... and you responded to that and somehow I ended up quoting that then :D

I am so done with wires (especially in gym / when running) I am really happy using my top KZs on the TRN BT20 ... I like the ZS pro and the ZSX for more fun, thumpy, forgiving (i.e. lossy streams from Mixcloud) music, while the AS16 are fantastic for classic, everything orchestral or lush ambient FLAC files ...

No clue what the CP155 would fit better, i'm using the 145 and definitely a huge fan. Got the ES100 clipped to my belt and I seriously think I've found near-endgame for portable (unless the A16 is really that much better).

Might not stick with these in the gym, though. At least not without some foam tips to keep them in place. Silicone gets slippery when wet.
When I measure the actual size of the nozzle, the outer part (where to silver screen is) is 5.5mm (therefore the 145 is stetched as shown in your pictures) but I do not have a caliper to measure the inner diameter (however the silver nozzle length is 6mm). I do not have SpinFits (using foam atm) but @Keputs may be able to give more feedback.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #48,587 of 63,914
Thinking about modding my ZS6. At least I'm going to change the cable. From what I've seen there are three gens. The second looks and feels the best but it has wires in the ear hooks and it oxidizes. Which one should I get?

Did anyone try to mess with the internals of the ZS6?

ZS6 oxidizes?

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #48,588 of 63,914
ZS6 oxidizes?

Maybe he meant one of the upgrade cables? That silver one that turns green?

Speaking of ZS6, I recently treated mine to a pretty new cable.... 8 core bronze color balanced by FDBRO

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33062590820.html

A new look gives it new life for me and I still love the sound. I paid $7.88. Also available in silver or black. MMCX or two pin. Also IE80 connectors but I have no idea what that is.

R0015734.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #48,589 of 63,914

Speaking of ZS6, I recently treated mine to a pretty new cable.... 8 core bronze color balanced by FDBRO

A new look gives it new life for me and I still love the sound. I paid $7.88. Also available in silver or black. MMCX or two pin. Also IE80 connectors but I have no idea what that is.

Nice looking cable MB, seems like a thicker version of the one KZ made some time back. I bought some of those in both A & B configs as well as the black versions! I've changed out so many KZ cables I've lost track:scream_cat:

KZ Re-Cabled.JPG

It was the ZS6 Tri-Braid that oxidized so bad but @Slater has a remedy for that which works very nicely.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #48,590 of 63,914
So what is our best sub-$30 cable, eh? The L-jack and lack of chin slider is irritating me so I'm in the market for a replacement.

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #48,591 of 63,914
So what is our best sub-$30 cable, eh? The L-jack and lack of chin slider is irritating me so I'm in the market for a replacement.

Mine is the Tripowin C8 and then the YY, Nice & Kinboofi 8/16 cores are nice for the price ranging from $8 to $25:wink:

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #48,592 of 63,914

Yes, that's what I've meant. I also liked the sound but it's fatiguing after a while. And they are loud. With all the drivers I thought the would be harder to drive on the phone but they are too loud for me on the first step.
I'll try to kill the highs with some modding.

Which one should I get, the one you linked or this one:

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_009131657854.html?wid=1433363#goodsDetail

I need 3,5 unbalanced.

Nice looking cable MB, seems like a thicker version of the one KZ made some time back. I bought some of those in both A & B configs as well as the black versions! I've changed out so many KZ cables I've lost track:scream_cat:

It was the ZS6 Tri-Braid that oxidized so bad but @Slater has a remedy for that which works very nicely.

What was the remedy?

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #48,594 of 63,914
Yes, that's what I've meant. I also liked the sound but it's fatiguing after a while. And they are loud. With all the drivers I thought the would be harder to drive on the phone but they are too loud for me on the first step.
I'll try to kill the highs with some modding.

Which one should I get, the one you linked or this one:

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_009131657854.html?wid=1433363#goodsDetail

I need 3,5 unbalanced.

What was the remedy?

Strategy change, I now order iem's for my cables:rolling_eyes:

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #48,596 of 63,914
That’s the easy part Cai, judt start randommplay play of your faves:beerchug:

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #48,598 of 63,914
considering the AS10. the noise isolation rating on rtings is what piqued my interest the most.

Is there a more isolating IEM out there for the price? Has KZ made more/equally isolating IEMs since?

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #48,599 of 63,914
Well, I ordered KZ ZSX... Dont really know if I did the best choice... How much could the Blon price drop for 11/11? And what would I do with 2 sets of earphones? So many doubts

Haha I have 20 IEMs actually, different IEMs for different moods and music genres. I think some like @mbwilson111 and @HungryPanda may have more. I need to see a psychologist soon about these hoarding tendencies LOL.
Anyway, the lowest I've seen the BLON go was @ $25 USD on taobao and shoppee. I got it at that price with some vouchers on aliexpress too, but just wait till 11/11 if u can, it's only a couple of weeks away. U can probably stack multiple coupons and get the BLON at a cheaper price I suspect.

considering the AS10. the noise isolation rating on rtings is what piqued my interest the most.

Is there a more isolating IEM out there for the price? Has KZ made more/equally isolating IEMs since?

TBH I don't really trust rtings for IEMs, YMMV. But noise isolation is quite dependant on eartips, so I would advise u to try tiprolling. Sometimes foam tips may provide better isolation than silicone ones too. I read in the forums that the KZ ZS4 and ZS3E have great isolation, though I don't own them, so maybe u can check with the rest.

I don't have the AS10, but I can get about -15 dB isolation with the KZ ZS10 Pro with spinfits. Some of my bandmates use the KZ AS10 for live performances (they stand next to a full set acoustic drum) and I don't see any of them with ringing in their ears at the end haha.
Not sure if the newer ZSX has better isolation as I don't have it.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #48,600 of 63,914
And what would I do with 2 sets of earphones?

Realize that you're missing out on a plethora of sounds and signatures, then go out and buy 10 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back