Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 21, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #48,571 of 63,836
No clue what the CP155 would fit better, i'm using the 145 and definitely a huge fan. Got the ES100 clipped to my belt and I seriously think I've found near-endgame for portable (unless the A16 is really that much better).

Might not stick with these in the gym, though. At least not without some foam tips to keep them in place. Silicone gets slippery when wet.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #48,573 of 63,836
No clue what the CP155 would fit better, i'm using the 145 and definitely a huge fan. Got the ES100 clipped to my belt and I seriously think I've found near-endgame for portable (unless the A16 is really that much better).

Might not stick with these in the gym, though. At least not without some foam tips to keep them in place. Silicone gets slippery when wet.

I actually meant to quote @emeraldstone who said "They are ~6mm. @Keputs uses the CP155 on the ZSX." ... and you responded to that and somehow I ended up quoting that then :D

I am so done with wires (especially in gym / when running) I am really happy using my top KZs on the TRN BT20 ... I like the ZS pro and the ZSX for more fun, thumpy, forgiving (i.e. lossy streams from Mixcloud) music, while the AS16 are fantastic for classic, everything orchestral or lush ambient FLAC files ...

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #48,575 of 63,836
Got some IEMs in the last weeks:
- TRN V90
- KZ ZSX
- Sony MH755
- and a banned product of which I cannot speak

Between these, i definitely love the MH755 for on-the-go listening and for gaming, they're awesome.
The V90 are extremely good as well but treble can be a bit fatiguing some times..
The ZSX fit is painful after 15-20 min and I do not think they are something really new in the KZ lineup, I do not like their tonality..

Will post my accurate reviews in the next weeks as I am still reviewing the MH751 for Cooler Master now and got no time for it, but I'm using every single new IEM while I go out for a walk or when I am studying at home.

MH755 are simply awesome anyway

Forgot saying the MH755 are awesome

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #48,577 of 63,836
Got some IEMs in the last weeks:
- TRN V90
- KZ ZSX
- Sony MH755
- and a banned product of which I cannot speak

Between these, i definitely love the MH755 for on-the-go listening and for gaming, they're awesome.
The V90 are extremely good as well but treble can be a bit fatiguing some times..
The ZSX fit is painful after 15-20 min and I do not think they are something really new in the KZ lineup, I do not like their tonality..

Will post my accurate reviews in the next weeks as I am still reviewing the MH751 for Cooler Master now and got no time for it, but I'm using every single new IEM while I go out for a walk or when I am studying at home.

MH755 are simply awesome anyway

Forgot saying the MH755 are awesome

Where did you get the Sony MH755? I've heard there are a LOT of fakes out there like there are of the Samsung AKG's.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #48,578 of 63,836
Where did you get the Sony MH755? I've heard there are a LOT of fakes out there like there are of the Samsung AKG's.

This is the link from where I have bought my legit MH755.
I have checked both the serial number and the production date as well and everything seems ok, so a good reason to share this.
I hope many of you pull the trigger on this very cheap pair of IEMs if you still don't have them because they're seriously a must-have in an IEMs' collection.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283470015701

Just a thing, even if probably you already know.
Buy an extension 3.5mm jack cord (1m is more than enough and maybe 50cm are good too) in order to use them comfortably as I couldn't use them if I tried to put it in my trousers' pocket.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #48,579 of 63,836
I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't find the ZSX comfortable to wear.

Why would you say that? My ears aren’t very large. For reference the original ZS10 was way too large for me. As soon as I would get a seal they would pop out. I ditched those real quick. The ZSX is not suppose to fit in the ear straight up and down it’s intended to fit at a diagonal into the natural shape of the ear.

LOOKING at the ZSX one could come to the conclusion that it’s bulky and ill fitting mess but that conclusion would be the furthest from the truth.

I do use a smaller tip than normal but that’s due to the extended reach of the nozzle. I could see many people making the same mistake as I did initially in using my go to tips.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #48,580 of 63,836
well, if it looks weird... usually not a good sign, since 2 out of my 3 KZ earphones are very uncomfortable to wear.
I wonder why nobody makes a 3D model of IEM's, you 3D print the model, and then you can test how well it fits your ear.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #48,581 of 63,836
I've had 3 KZs (ZS5, ZS6, ZSX) and literally zero fit/comfort issues with any of them. I caution against anyone making blanket statements on comfort. You can say how it feels for you, but to expand that into "well this is how it is for everyone" is just dishonest.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #48,582 of 63,836
Most KZ IEM's are quite big, so fitment is not as "easy" as with other brands. They're cranking out countless IEM models, try all sorts of designs, it's chi-fi, and mistakes happen.
I'm not writing an article or publishing anything, and I'm not some sort of reference. Just my opinion, no need to talk about fitment with terms like "blanket statement" or "dishonest". Fitment is always very relative.
I have the KZ ZS5, besides bulky they also have sharp edges. The ZSR have incredibly long nozzles, for me they're impossible to wear. It's well documented. The ED16 are more compact and only have smooth edges, which makes them very easy to wear.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #48,583 of 63,836
Thinking about modding my ZS6. At least I'm going to change the cable. From what I've seen there are three gens. The second looks and feels the best but it has wires in the ear hooks and it oxidizes. Which one should I get?

Did anyone try to mess with the internals of the ZS6?

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #48,584 of 63,836
Most KZ IEM's are quite big, so fitment is not as "easy" as with other brands. They're cranking out countless IEM models, try all sorts of designs, it's chi-fi, and mistakes happen.
I'm not writing an article or publishing anything, and I'm not some sort of reference. Just my opinion, no need to talk about fitment with terms like "blanket statement" or "dishonest". Fitment is always very relative.
I have the KZ ZS5, besides bulky they also have sharp edges. The ZSR have incredibly long nozzles, for me they're impossible to wear. It's well documented. The ED16 are more compact and only have smooth edges, which makes them very easy to wear.

I mean a couple posts ago you did say you figured most people would find the ZSX uncomfortable but hey whatever maybe you ran a survey.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #48,585 of 63,836
I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't find the ZSX comfortable to wear.

i thought based on most reviews I've read/watched, most people find the ZSX to be comfortable? that protruding part might be a problem for some, but for me personally (and most of my friends) that shape is in fact hugs the ears better and more secure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back