Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 26, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #48,631 of 63,966
The Chi-Fi scene is new for me as well. But I have the ZS-10 Pro on my ears as I type this. It actually has pretty decent fit, it's reported to be more comfortable than the old ZS10. Can't tell you much about the ZS-10 Pro quality, though, as I haven't spent enough time with it.

What you might want to do is take a look at CCA as well, because that is a sister brand of KZ that retunes their components into what are often softer or more natural sounds.

A new generation of KZ / CCA flagships just arrived, the ZSX and C12 are receiving positive reviews. And the 11.11 sale is coming up.

However, you might also want to look into the TFZ brand. Since you like soundstage and audio quality, you might want to consider the King Pro. It has maybe the best soundstage, detail retrieval, and imaging of anything I own. Downside is that it is a bit bright, and the tuning is not quite as natural as some of the better DD IEMs you can get.

Another, cheaper option is the TRN offerings. I bought a V80 last year for $26 that blows away anything in that price range in terms of soundstage and imaging, but it is a synthetic tuning and the mids are recessed. (If synthetic tuning is okay with you, also consider the **** **** for $16, people here like it for its technicalities). TRN V90 is now available, gonna buy it next.

People who are experienced here have been saying good things about the BQEYZ Spring 1 (not so bassy, but very good sound and allegedly BIG soundstage), the BQEYZ KB100 (deep soundstage, good separation, isolation), NiceHCK M6 (good separation) and NX7.

For what it's worth, I'm finding the ZS7 the most interesting of the 5 KZ/CCA that I own. It has juiced treble and bass, producing a more exciting sound, serious bass, and seems to have a better soundstage than the other KZ/CCA. Housing fit and cable are problematic, though.
Yes,I love my ZS7 too. I can tell you now, you're going to love the V90, it's a refined version of the ZS7 and I'm really enjoying it right now!

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #48,632 of 63,966
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #48,634 of 63,966
Thanks. Preferred genres are rock/metal/blues with some classical, jazz and house thrown into the mix as well. Sound signature wise, I'm seeking a detailed sound with a big soundstage (I hope that's enough information?).
Sorry, I'm a bit late getting back to you. Please read the other posts by other headfiers before this one. I mostly agree with what's been said already. You did previously mention though, that you liked the ZSN/PRO fit, and that fit was important to you. Based on that, I would rec the KZ ZS10 PRO for the genres you mostly like (can't vouch for classical, because I don't really listen to it much). An iem that I own, which has really started to impress me with many of the same genres that you have listed, is the TFZ NO.3. House/dance is great with this set, as is metal and blues. Bass is a bit warm and seems to bleed a bit into the lower mids, but it gives a nice naturalness to the tonality of instruments and male voices. Bass is also very defined, and goes deep into sub bass for some good, thumpin fun. It's also got some good stage, but not as good as a more expensive Moondrop Kanas PRO. Highs are detailed, but not as satisfying or with as much resolution as something like the Nicehck NX7. I think that's why I like the ZS10 PRO. It's kinda in between the TFZ NO.3 and the Nicehck NX7. BTW, all these iems are very comfortable (for my ears anyway).

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #48,635 of 63,966
Yes,I love my ZS7 too. I can tell you now, you're going to love the V90, it's a refined version of the ZS7 and I'm really enjoying it right now!
Does the trn V90 HAVE A LARGE SOUNSTAGE? How does it compare to kz zs7 and latest cca C12 & zxs? I like the old kz zs5 for its soundstage which I think the kz zs7 should share.

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #48,636 of 63,966
The Chi-Fi scene is new for me as well. But I have the ZS-10 Pro on my ears as I type this. It actually has pretty decent fit, it's reported to be more comfortable than the old ZS10. Can't tell you much about the ZS-10 Pro quality, though, as I haven't spent enough time with it.

What you might want to do is take a look at CCA as well, because that is a sister brand of KZ that retunes their components into what are often softer or more natural sounds.

A new generation of KZ / CCA flagships just arrived, the ZSX and C12 are receiving positive reviews. And the 11.11 sale is coming up.

However, you might also want to look into the TFZ brand. Since you like soundstage and audio quality, you might want to consider the King Pro. It has maybe the best soundstage, detail retrieval, and imaging of anything I own. Downside is that it is a bit bright, and the tuning is not quite as natural as some of the better DD IEMs you can get.

Another, cheaper option is the TRN offerings. I bought a V80 last year for $26 that blows away anything in that price range in terms of soundstage and imaging, but it is a synthetic tuning and the mids are recessed. (If synthetic tuning is okay with you, also consider the **** **** for $16, people here like it for its technicalities). TRN V90 is now available, gonna buy it next.

People who are experienced here have been saying good things about the BQEYZ Spring 1 (not so bassy, but very good sound and allegedly BIG soundstage), the BQEYZ KB100 (deep soundstage, good separation, isolation), NiceHCK M6 (good separation) and NX7.

For what it's worth, I'm finding the ZS7 the most interesting of the 5 KZ/CCA that I own. It has juiced treble and bass, producing a more exciting sound, serious bass, and seems to have a better soundstage than the other KZ/CCA. Housing fit and cable are problematic, though.

Sorry, I'm a bit late getting back to you. Please read the other posts by other headfiers before this one. I mostly agree with what's been said already. You did previously mention though, that you liked the ZSN/PRO fit, and that fit was important to you. Based on that, I would rec the KZ ZS10 PRO for the genres you mostly like (can't vouch for classical, because I don't really listen to it much). An iem that I own, which has really started to impress me with many of the same genres that you have listed, is the TFZ NO.3. House/dance is great with this set, as is metal and blues. Bass is a bit warm and seems to bleed a bit into the lower mids, but it gives a nice naturalness to the tonality of instruments and male voices. Bass is also very defined, and goes deep into sub bass for some good, thumpin fun. It's also got some good stage, but not as good as a more expensive Moondrop Kanas PRO. Highs are detailed, but not as satisfying or with as much resolution as something like the Nicehck NX7. I think that's why I like the ZS10 PRO. It's kinda in between the TFZ NO.3 and the Nicehck NX7. BTW, all these iems are very comfortable (for my ears anyway).

Thank you both for the amazingly detailed response! I was a bit lost on what my options were but now I got a good idea on what I can look into. You've really helped me a lot!

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #48,637 of 63,966
Does the trn V90 HAVE A LARGE SOUNSTAGE? How does it compare to kz zs7 and latest cca C12 & zxs? I like the old kz zs5 for its soundstage which I think the kz zs7 should share.
Yes, the V90 has a very good soundstage, with excellent imaging and positioning of elements within it. Sub bass is equal to ZS7 but treble is smoother and more extended. Not as recessed in the mids and just as exciting as ZS7. I prefer both of these to the ZSX and C12.

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #48,638 of 63,966
That's good to hear about the V90. I'm really looking forward to it.

You know, my ZS7 is worth improving. Might I ask if I should I use this upgrade cable that I already have:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32953432742.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dur1toc

or get this cheap one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...1.0&pvid=545ef63e-65a2-4e7d-a83b-5c2f27786fcf
Any upgrade cable should be an improvement over the stock KZ cable. I have a silver plated one from a banned brand on Ali Express, it is blue and silver in colour and suits the ZS7 very well.

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #48,639 of 63,966
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #48,640 of 63,966
IMG_20191022_221824.jpg The KZ TWS E10 is really really nice. My favorite KZ actually. Heck of a nice refined harmanish sound. Thumbs up for sure.

I get around 8-10 hours on a single charge. The range is great. Sound is exciting overall but not harsh in any way. Bass goes quite deep. Whats not to love?! By far the best TWS iems I've heard.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #48,641 of 63,966
The KZ TWS E10 is really really nice. My favorite KZ actually. Heck of a nice refined harmanish sound. Thumbs up for sure.

I get around 8-10 hours on a single charge. The range is great. Sound is exciting overall but not harsh in any way. Bass goes quite deep. Whats not to love?! By far the best TWS iems I've heard.
8-10 is no joke. :shocked:

I was super impressed when the new House of Marleys came out a few months ago and were claiming 9-10 hours for TWS. Amazing how much things are improving YoY.

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #48,642 of 63,966
The KZ TWS E10 is really really nice. My favorite KZ actually. Heck of a nice refined harmanish sound. Thumbs up for sure.

If u could compare this set to one of the other hybrid KZs or CHIFI gear, which set does it sound most similar to in terms of sound quality?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #48,644 of 63,966
If u could compare this set to one of the other hybrid KZs or CHIFI gear, which set does it sound most similar to in terms of sound quality?

It's kinda unique to me. I dont have anything that sounds similar and I own a bunch of KZ including the ZSX.

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #48,645 of 63,966
Any upgrade cable should be an improvement over the stock KZ cable. I have a silver plated one from a banned brand on Ali Express, it is blue and silver in colour and suits the ZS7 very well.

Oh man, I almost bought that one during the August sale! It was discounted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back