Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #30,496 of 63,898
Well, imo it is easy but it all depends how much experience You have with soldering iron? If none, then better let someone else do it as soldering driver requires low-wattage iron and very short/fast soldering job to not damage driver by heat conducting over coil and membrane wires.
Fixing and installing mmcx sockets is quite "plug-and-play" but it is recommended to use gel-superglue to fix it securely inside shell.
Yes. I have replaced capacitors on PCBs years ago.

What wattage for the soldering stick? 30/45/60 W? I already have the plastic pry tools for opening. I just have to order the MMCX connectors.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #30,497 of 63,898
Yes. I have replaced capacitors on PCBs years ago.

What wattage for the soldering stick? 30/45/60 W? I already have the plastic pry tools for opening. I just have to order the MMCX connectors.
I`m using 20W (with Pb tin but can melt&join faster than Pb-free) but can be done with 30W too I guess, if You are accurate and quick.
Be sure You order round-shaped mmcx sockets not "phased" like many have as those wont fit into ATR/ATE shells.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #30,498 of 63,898
If I understood correctly, you like ATE but don`t like the bass of ATE-S ?
My recommendation, if You wish to keep low budget, buy current ATE (5th gen) again and install mmcx connectors, so, You can change cable if it brakes (or even mmcx sockets).
Turning ATE to mmcx is quite easy imo. Here`s a pic of my ATR using mmcx:
9409249.jpg
9409250.jpg

9337629.jpg

I have 3xATE &1xATR(ATE driver) sitting in drawer, waiting for mmcx and FF-mod.

Btw, little jump back in time, any serious KZ collector wish to have my ANV v2 wooden "teardrop" mod? ;P
7488445_l.jpg

Since I have found my sound signature preference and near-perfect IEMs (IT01 & ZS5v1), I`m thinking of "cleaning" my hi-fi bag for room to other things.

To moderators - this is not related to WAAM and was done long time ago by me as pure handwork. If post is braking rules of MOT somehow, let me know and I`ll remove it.

If those are KZ ANV drivers inside then perhaps B9 would be interested. I think the ANV is one of his favorites but one channel of his KZ ANV died. Not sure if he has v1 or v2 but if your drivers match his then it's a rare opportunity to resurrect something he values.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #30,500 of 63,898
If those are KZ ANV drivers inside then perhaps B9 would be interested. I think the ANV is one of his favorites but one channel of his KZ ANV died. Not sure if he has v1 or v2 but if your drivers match his then it's a rare opportunity to resurrect something he values.
You hear/read this B9S ? You "person" was one of those who pulled me into this kz madness! ;P
Contact me if You are interested (I don`t charge for this, only posting cost from You :wink: ). Wish it would reach into hands of serious KZ-fanboy - and You are! :wink:
Like these?

2PCS-MMCX-Female-Socket-Jack-Connector-Earphone-Plugs-for-IEM-In-ear-Monitors.jpg
Yes.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #30,501 of 63,898

I'm definitely interested but I don't think shipping would be kind given I'm in Canada. Only my original ANV had a channel crap out on me. Thankfully I ordered a new one the same day it died (couldn't go without an ANV) which turned out to be the improved version. Thankfully that one is on constant guard by Master Chief and his son, so it should be safe for years to come.

20180412_163208[1].jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #30,502 of 63,898
Well, imo it is easy but it all depends how much experience You have with soldering iron? If none, then better let someone else do it as soldering driver requires low-wattage iron and very short/fast soldering job to not damage driver by heat conducting over coil and membrane wires.
Fixing and installing mmcx sockets is quite "plug-and-play" but it is recommended to use gel-superglue to fix it securely inside shell.

May I ask you where to find the 2 pins female part? looks like you know what you are doing... :wink:
I bought some spare 2 pins cables (the ones of zs5, zs6) because of my evil plan to recable my monoprice iems and make them with changable cable.. but i still miss the connector to stick inside the iem (the female part).
any help would be great.. thanks in advance.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #30,503 of 63,898
I'm definitely interested but I don't think shipping would be kind given I'm in Canada. Only my original ANV had a channel crap out on me. Thankfully I ordered a new one the same day it died (couldn't go without an ANV) which turned out to be the improved version. Thankfully that one is on constant guard by Master Chief and his son, so it should be safe for years to come.

Gee, I never knew that was what the "B" stood for:hushed: LOL I have always loved Coil's Teardrop mod on those ANV's, how much could shipping be for something so small:confused: Wonder if Wokei knows he's my person:laughing: Damn SOB got me into this never ending contraption:smiling_imp:

Forgot I still have the non-amped garden hose model of the Mini!

Garden Hose Anyone.jpg

Still deciding my final take on these but sure love the finish:wink:

ZS Ridiculous.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #30,504 of 63,898

Well, actually to Canada it should be cheaper than US. Will check about posting cost some day soon to US & CAN.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #30,507 of 63,898
Gee, I never knew that was what the "B" stood for:hushed: LOL I have always loved Coil's Teardrop mod on those ANV's, how much could shipping be for something so small:confused: Wonder if Wokei knows he's my person:laughing: Damn SOB got me into this never ending contraption:smiling_imp:

haha! My username was borrowed from the 2003 Subaru B9Scrambler concept car for use as my Xbox Live account. Was a hybrid 2-seater roadster. Liked the name more than the car, so it's stuck around.

2003_Subaru_B9_Scrambler_06.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #30,508 of 63,898
finally thephonograph reviewed zs10 i think its first english review out there

Oh, thought you said show me your phonograph:upside_down:

Cave Shots 003.jpg

Could not help myself B:wink::v: Although I am a Subaru kind of guy:thumbsup:
Just traded "Buddi" here 2017 for a brand new 2018 (Buddi II" because it has Apple Car play!

Buddi.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #30,509 of 63,898
B9S... well we have something in common more than ANV "worship" - I`m still driving my 2001 Impreza 1.6TS AWD(hi-lo) bugeye wagon ;P No turbo, no intercooler, no raw power... but I luv this car soo much! ;P Almost 300K driving joy atm.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #30,510 of 63,898
Nice selection Otto, sign me up for a case of the Doppelbock's:yum: I always went to the Supermart in Ramstein every weekend to get a 20ct case of Bitburger Altbier while stationed there:wink: It was only better when I actually went with my buddies stationed in Bitburg to the local gasthaus where it was on tap, I'm sitting here making myself not only thirsty but hungry for a fried leberkase sandwich to wash back:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beerchug::beerchug:
Did you ever do any house fighting in Bonnland at Hammelburg. I was stationed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back