Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 12, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #30,481 of 64,000
Apr 12, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #30,482 of 64,000
Of course you are entitled to your opinion as we all are Otto but then again we all hear them differently as well. Really no right or wrong and maybe he should try the EDR's first and see what he thinks for a collective $10 however I find the ED9's to be two; three times either of them and with switchable filters possibly 4 times IMO but then again I love me some treble and finite detail the ED9 provides. Just wanted Walter to not totally disregard the ED9 on your opinion of them:wink::beerchug:

I'd like to think I do have a little KZ SS knowledge:rolling_eyes:

What box is that?

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #30,483 of 64,000
What box is that?

Original Amped ZN1:wink:

ZN-1.JPG

Strapped to my Shanling M2:thumbsup:

M2 Amped.JPG

And my final solution to a poor cable design, amp should have had a clip on it IMO but everyone knows what that means since we all have one of those holes too :poop: Oh no he deent:fearful:

dumb Cable.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #30,484 of 64,000
All this EDR1/EDR2/EDR9 talk got me interested. I ordered EDR1 and EDR2 from GB. Once the EDR1 and EDR2 arrive, the money for the ED9 however will go towards one these:

zPruc0o.jpg

Thanks @Otto Motor @Slater @DocHoliday @B9Scrambler

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #30,485 of 64,000
All this EDR1/EDR2/EDR9 talk got me interested. I ordered EDR1 and EDR2 from GB. Once the EDR1 and EDR2 arrive, the money for the ED9 however will go towards one these:

zPruc0o.jpg

My definition of a good day is:
10085983-1.png

and

BostonLagerSamAdams.jpg

.....and a little reflection on what is important.

......with an honorable mention going to.....

s3-news-tmp-85019-heineken_bottle--2x1--940.jpg

You may need.....
771501.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #30,487 of 64,000

zPruc0o.jpg

That should net you one large cork top Grand Reserve Chimay, the finest beer known to man (at least this one) I home brew and mostly Porter's/Brown Ale's and an occasional Stout but nothing even remotely close to even a Red Chimay:smirk:

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #30,489 of 64,000
Thanks for the compliment;

I made a compliment? Something must have gone wrong, maybe it is the uplifting spring Calgary weather (see photo from minutes ago). As a Canadian, I apologize for both compliment and weather.

Joke aside!

As to the ED7: I ordered both sizes...and some blue tips for the ED8. Thanks for the recommendation.

As to the ED8: Hmm...that would amount to >$27 USD incl. cross border shipping, which is approx. $4979 CAD. Need some push for doing that...what was the original price?

As to the music spoiler: bookmarked them cleanly in my newly created ED7 folder, but probably have all the originals in my library, including the remasters.

IMG_6331.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #30,490 of 64,000
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #30,491 of 64,000
Before I buy Belgian beer, I'd get the ED9 :)

Nice selection Otto, sign me up for a case of the Doppelbock's:yum: I always went to the Supermart in Ramstein every weekend to get a 20ct case of Bitburger Altbier while stationed there:wink: It was only better when I actually went with my buddies stationed in Bitburg to the local gasthaus where it was on tap, I'm sitting here making myself not only thirsty but hungry for a fried leberkase sandwich to wash back:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beerchug::beerchug:

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #30,492 of 64,000
Yeah, i mean neutral, but non overpowered low freqs the ones im lookin for too lol!

Btw fyi I’ve got some KZs with big names too. I was first introduced to the ATE’s which frickin blow my mind on how these budget could lead to such good sounding iems then my past iem desicions (which the ones that succ’d). Then it the jack broked, so i asked a good friend of mine to get me some more ATE’s but he made a mistake that he bought me some ATES! It was pretty good, just quite less bass and more highs. Then guess what? One of the left (or right i forgot) broked again, so i bought myself some ZS3 which was too muddy for me (and is it just me or does it feel bad inside the ears? Like the air felt vacuumed inside) so i lend it to my other friend. Then finally, months ago i bought the ZST (the colored ones) and i think its pretty cool! But the right broke too lmao.

Now, im just gonna decide what immana buy. i wont buy another ATE’s cuz imo the bass doesn’t fit me. On maybe the new ZSR, idk. Btw i wanna ask if ZS5 and the ZS6’s really sibilant, i heard ppl ranting bout them.

If I understood correctly, you like ATE but don`t like the bass of ATE-S ?
My recommendation, if You wish to keep low budget, buy current ATE (5th gen) again and install mmcx connectors, so, You can change cable if it brakes (or even mmcx sockets).
Turning ATE to mmcx is quite easy imo. Here`s a pic of my ATR using mmcx:
9409249.jpg
9409250.jpg

9337629.jpg

I have 3xATE &1xATR(ATE driver) sitting in drawer, waiting for mmcx and FF-mod.

Btw, little jump back in time, any serious KZ collector wish to have my ANV v2 wooden "teardrop" mod? ;P
7488445_l.jpg

Since I have found my sound signature preference and near-perfect IEMs (IT01 & ZS5v1), I`m thinking of "cleaning" my hi-fi bag for room to other things.

To moderators - this is not related to WAAM and was done long time ago by me as pure handwork. If post is braking rules of MOT somehow, let me know and I`ll remove it.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #30,493 of 64,000
Original Amped ZN1:wink:

Strapped to my Shanling M2:thumbsup:

And my final solution to a poor cable design, amp should have had a clip on it IMO but everyone knows what that means since we all have one of those holes too :poop: Oh no he deent:fearful:

That is hilarious, I have the ampless ZN1, end of story. Tried my friend's with the amp it almost pull my neck off.

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #30,494 of 64,000
If I understood correctly, you like ATE but don`t like the bass of ATE-S ?
My recommendation, if You wish to keep low budget, buy current ATE (5th gen) again and install mmcx connectors, so, You can change cable if it brakes (or even mmcx sockets).
Turning ATE to mmcx is quite easy imo. Here`s a pic of my ATR using mmcx:
9409249.jpg
9409250.jpg

9337629.jpg

I have 3xATE &1xATR(ATE driver) sitting in drawer, waiting for mmcx and FF-mod.

How difficult is the MMCX mod? i have one ATE with the cable damaged near the connector.
Any tips/traps to be aware of?

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #30,495 of 64,000
How difficult is the MMCX mod? i have one ATE with the cable damaged near the connector.
Any tips/traps to be aware of?
Well, imo it is easy but it all depends how much experience You have with soldering iron? If none, then better let someone else do it as soldering driver requires low-wattage iron and very short/fast soldering job to not damage driver by heat conducting over coil and membrane wires.
Fixing and installing mmcx sockets is quite "plug-and-play" but it is recommended to use gel-superglue to fix it securely inside shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back