1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Correct. But they sounded good open as well.

My beef with the HDS3 is the nozzle is juuust a bit too small, and it's hard to find silicone tips that stay on. I was going to put a layer or 2 of heat shrink tubing on the nozzle to address the situation.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Slater
    I have never seen an EDSE with white box. They will come in the black cardboard box w/purple print.

3. ivo001
    I know there was, mine seemed to survive a bit longer then the others, but still defect. I PM'ed @George-gearbest about it on 3rd of April, but haven't had an response yet. Is it best to just contact GB customer service via my order page on GB?

4. WalterTorino
    But which model is better to buy if i like punchy bass - the edr1 or the ed9? Or should i wait for the ed15?

5. Slater
    I've found it best to start with the normal CS route at GB. Give them a chance to resolve the problem (which they do 97% of the time). But if you run into problems, then PM George and give him the specific ticket number to reference.

Because without a ticket in the system, it's much more difficult for George to help.

6. Audrix
    Hey everyone,
    Can you all recommend the most balanced KZ that wont sound distorted when i eq it a bit and go to high volumes?

I know it may be impossible when comes from a small budget, but whats the nearest from those outcomes...

Thx!

7. Slater
    No one knows what the ED15 sounds like yet. But the EDR1 is ridiculously awesome for the asking price (sound, build quality, and comfort). I have heard loads of <$5 IEMs, and trust me you will NOT find a better value in IEMs.

WalterTorino likes this.
  8. WalterTorino
    Ate, zsr and may be zs10. Zst close to balanced too but kinda boring. Imo.

Audrix likes this.
  9. Slater
    Different people use the word balanced differently.

By balanced do you mean neutral?

Or by balanced to you mean 1 frequency range doesn't grossly overpower any others (like Beats having heavily boosted sub bass for example)?

Audrix likes this.
  10. WalterTorino
    Yep, i know that nobody have the ed15 yet. But the housings look like it's gonna be pretty bassy model :) Plus the armature driver should give more detailed mids and highs. Sooo... It is very interesting to take a look on a reviews)

11. Wiljen
    zst closed to balanced? Boy did you get a different pair than I did. I would agree on ATE and ZSR but ZSt is a big deep V tuning and far from balanced in my experience.

hiflofi and paulindss like this.
  12. WalterTorino
    May be it is a source issue, may be i've listened to the deffective pair, who knows... Or may be i'm mistaken :) Too many "may be"s - that's why it is better to listen to a headphones by yourself and choose them in live - not by a thoughts of another people :)

mbwilson111 likes this.
  13. Audrix
    Yeah, i mean neutral, but non overpowered low freqs the ones im lookin for too lol!

Btw fyi I’ve got some KZs with big names too. I was first introduced to the ATE’s which frickin blow my mind on how these budget could lead to such good sounding iems then my past iem desicions (which the ones that succ’d). Then it the jack broked, so i asked a good friend of mine to get me some more ATE’s but he made a mistake that he bought me some ATES! It was pretty good, just quite less bass and more highs. Then guess what? One of the left (or right i forgot) broked again, so i bought myself some ZS3 which was too muddy for me (and is it just me or does it feel bad inside the ears? Like the air felt vacuumed inside) so i lend it to my other friend. Then finally, months ago i bought the ZST (the colored ones) and i think its pretty cool! But the right broke too lmao.

Now, im just gonna decide what immana buy. i wont buy another ATE’s cuz imo the bass doesn’t fit me. On maybe the new ZSR, idk. Btw i wanna ask if ZS5 and the ZS6’s really sibilant, i heard ppl ranting bout them.

14. hiflofi
    I agree that the ZST is very v-shaped. ZS6 I felt was decent until I put on some Flume recently. Idk, the ZS6 makes everything so clear but a bit too "crisp".

15. Mr.HiAudio
    I do not know how ed9 and ed1 sound, but I had ed2 and sounds was so-so.
    At ed2 the sound is deaf, the bass is not so massive (I would compare the sound with cheap headphones with aliexpress for $ 3).
    ru : наушники для цены до 300р нормальные, но не более. НЧ средние, они доминируют. Глуховатый звук у них(и узкий по сцене) . но это тоже имхо :)
    i think? that ed2 == ed1 : body(shell) ; dd; etc

WalterTorino likes this.