1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. B9Scrambler
    That's awesome :D When I went to buy a new car I was going for my favorite, a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT wagon. Unfortunately it cost a little more than I could afford and settled on a 2008 Fusion SE. Found out afterwards that at the time the Fusion was the most cross shopped model (at least here in Canada) to the Legacy due to similar size, cost, and driving feel.

2. Podster
    No sir but I did tour with the Armed Forces Racquetball league while there and my oldest son was born in Landstuhl's 2nd Army hospital, that one might be akin to "I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express" last night:smirk:

Otto Motor and B9Scrambler like this.
  3. Superluc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even if they have measured the ZS10 without sealing those questioned vents, seeing the less bass performance, those highs seem way less emphasized than usual. Maybe the tuning is more near ATR/ATE signature. What do you think ?

WalterTorino likes this.
  4. vladstef
    That looks like it sounds underwater. Bit of a treble roll off. I learned not to judge based on graphs because most of the time they aren't as drastic as this one, but I'm definitely not expecting much at this point.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. phower
    The 10kHz level has to be level with or 5dB below the 1kHz. The 3kHz peak looks good and is on target. But, the treble looks too rolled off.
    I am not sure what is the point of having 4 BA drivers only to hear dark, veiled sound?:thinking:

6. Superluc
    The excursion seem really more similar to older ATR's graphs, than ZS5/6. Like they have try to mimic that signature, maybe using the same actual ATE/ATR driver on full range, then try to adding resolution with those little peaks spread around the highs.

It may seem a strange choice, but those highs can't be harsh tuned that way.

7. willjie90
    New here. Finally created an account after years of lurking. Just received my ZS10. Treble is a little harsh.[​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Superluc
    Really ?

God... follow KZ is so confusing :dizzy_face:

9. Makahl
    I don't know the conditions of this measurement rig so I'd take that with a grain of salt:

[​IMG]

ZS10 hasn't that fat at the bass/mid-bass like ATR so it's really possible the signature won't be dark as it's looking like to be.

ShakyJake likes this.
  10. vladstef
    It's pretty much ok until 3.5K (warmish but on point still), after 3.5K it has around 10-20dB of treble reduction on average. There are easily single DD IEMs that are cheaper and with better treble extension, what in the world are all these BAs doing?
    First time that I am actually toying with the idea that KZ just used BAs as a marketing tool. They probably gave BAs a lot of resistance in order to do that.

11. Slater
    Yeah, neutral really isn't KZs thing. Most of what they have (that's readily available, not discontinued models) is v or u shaped.

If you truly want a neutral IEM in the KZ price range, get the graphene dynamic driver BlitzWolf BW-ES1. Then do a few simple but very specific mods to it (requiring only a few simple items like a needle, tape, etc). It is about as flat as a pancake as you're going to get without spending a lot more $$. You will be shocked by the results, with the end result punching way above it's price range.

12. Slater
    You know, now that you mention it, the EDSE does remind me of the HDS3 (especially when modded to be open backed):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1108#post-13353620

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Otto Motor likes this.
  13. hiflofi
    Why is KZ so intent on making bright-sounding IEMs? I was hoping with the ZS10 they'd should shoot for more pronounced mids.

14. paulindss
    How do you compare bw1 modded with tin audio t2 ?

15. riffrafff
    288K on mine:

dscn1725.jpg

groucho69, CoiL, WalterTorino and 2 others like this.