Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #23,311 of 63,900
The IEMatch output impedance is 1.0 (ultra) or 2.5 (high) - the whole point of it is a non-coloring attenuator.
(and the Ear Buddy is ~1.5)

The whole point of what they're talking about is to add ~75 ohms of serial resistance - a very coloring attenuation :wink:

good point, I stand corrected.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #23,312 of 63,900
Though the IEMatch and Ear Buddy ought to be pretty solid choices for pairing with a ZS5?

I'm kinda curious just how much they do color the ZS5 though - probably more than most things given the absurdly low 5 ohms impedance but probably still not a huge absolute shift?

And I have nothing to prove this, but I'm rather inclined to think that outputting into 16 ohms has to be easier on the source than 5... :shrug:
It at least gets a lot of sources out of the extremely bad zone with regards to low voltage/impedance current/power limitations.

Technically the ZS5 doesn't meet iFi's minimum requirements though... so excessively high volumes could potentially be a risk to the dongle? Though I haven't felt my Ear Buddy getting warm at all, so I'm not too worried so far at least.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #23,314 of 63,900
Just got my ZS6, although something is bothering me. I'm hearing a low hissing sound. Tried changing between the regular and the SPC cable, and I'm still hearing that hiss on both cables. Is this normal, or did I received a defective unit? Is the problem coming from the ZS6 itself, or from the source I'm using?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #23,316 of 63,900
Is the problem coming from the ZS6 itself, or from the source I'm using?

Source issue. Source's noise floor is high enough to be heard with efficient IEMs.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #23,318 of 63,900
Check that your cables have been attached correctly. That sounds like what people have experienced with wrong polarity.

A PSA from @Slater:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1194#post-13516067

I already have the cables attached properly. In fact, I already read Slater's guide way way back, around the time before my first KZ IEM (a ZS3) arrived, which is 4 months ago. Still hearing that constant hissing sound even with the cables attached correctly, though.

Source issue. Source's noise floor is high enough to be heard with efficient IEMs.
I'm thinking the same thing, too. Although I still don't want to jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #23,319 of 63,900
Just got my ZS6, although something is bothering me. I'm hearing a low hissing sound. Tried changing between the regular and the SPC cable, and I'm still hearing that hiss on both cables. Is this normal, or did I received a defective unit? Is the problem coming from the ZS6 itself, or from the source I'm using?

Just as @SomeTechNoob said - it's the source's hissing that is made audible by the ZS6. If it bothers you, you could get the iFi IEMatch or that new low-cost-iEMatch alternative they just released (don't recall what it is called - I think "EarBuddy"). Or a normal impedance adapter that would also tame the treble peak (if you don't want it tamed, the iFi products would be about the only alternative).

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #23,320 of 63,900
Just as @SomeTechNoob said - it's the source's hissing that is made audible by the ZS6. If it bothers you, you could get the iFi IEMatch or that new low-cost-iEMatch alternative they just released (don't recall what it is called - I think "EarBuddy"). Or a normal impedance adapter that would also tame the treble peak (if you don't want it tamed, the iFi products would be about the only alternative).
So basically, this is just a normal occurrence for the ZS6?

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #23,322 of 63,900
Oct 12, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #23,323 of 63,900
Gearbest is staying to become unreliable..they do not respond to customer messages sent via Facebook messenger which is the way they recommend to contact got customer service..Think I'm gonna stick with Ali and Amazon for future purchases..
I never had a problem with customer service in any website except gearbest. They were supposed to dispatch the zs6 on 8th of this month. I paid for it on 1st october They didn't ship on 8th and only after I asked them on the 10th as to why they didn't ship it yet, they said I needed to send a identification document with the paypal account holder's name in it. I sent them a photo of the passport via both their facebook inbox and their support email but they still don't reply even after 48 hours. I cant even send the photo of the passport by replying to their ticket cause it say's error 404. This is getting way too annoying. I have never purchased anything from gearbest before and I won't make a future purchase from them either.

Oct 12, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #23,325 of 63,900
Prob my 4th purchase from Gearbest..
no issues w delivery thus far.

Zs6 notice of shipment on Sat..
arrived yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back