1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Nice finding. Should be easy to open the ZS6 up and solder in a 75Ω resistor. Then, no adapter needed.

You could also do an adjustable pot, or an externally accessible "socket" for on the fly changes:

DIY IEM resistor.JPG
    Super-18.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    djmakemynight, hakuzen and Fox2twenty like this.
  2. Superluc
    Thanks for the tip :clap:

hakuzen and Fox2twenty like this.
  3. snip3r77
    @hakuzen the original mvp

Did you use the same device to measure it like hifichris ?

hakuzen and Fox2twenty like this.
  4. Wiljen
    WW II Surgical Sterilizer made by Coleman. The thing is 10,000 BTU per burner so 40,000 total.

groucho69, Fox2twenty and HungryPanda like this.
  5. hakuzen
  6. Wiljen
    I'd stick with the ifi match - designed specifically for this purpose and warrantied not to hurt your gear. Admittedly, it is more expensive than most.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  7. Fox2twenty
    40k btu. Nice.

8. kokakolia
    That's your opinion. But, I just hate having boosted treble. The "sparkle in the highs" you're talking about is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to earbuds, especially the cheaper ones from Philips, Sony or Skullcandy. Speaking of which, the Philips SHE3590 has been hyped up to the heavens on head-fi. And they sound just like any other cheap earbud: recessed vocals, boosted shrill treble and to some degree boosted mid-bass. The second I put earphones like these, I immediately frown and throw them away. I am looking for earphones that sound great with indie/rock/punk tunes that otherwise sound unbearable with bright headphones. Someone mentioned the Beatles, they understand me. I also like having a bit of warmth and some meat in the bass. The perfect earphone (IMHO) is the Marshall Mode. But I lost mine, and I can't afford buying $50 earphones every other month. The Kz ED7 are almost as good and dirt cheap. So I'm curious about the ZSE.

In my opinion, it's really good that KZ is releasing laid-back and warm earphones. I am not in the market for yet another gutless "V-shaped" sounding earphone with murder treble. The ED9 is the worst example of this. But some people love it that way. If only they weren't the majority...Because reading reviews across the web, I notice that people are heavily biased towards a "V-shaped" sound profile at the expense of dark & warm sounding headphones which get less attention and fewer positive reviews.

9. Fox2twenty
    Yeah Man... . I turn up the bass and treble in my old Yukon as well. Sorry you don't like the ole v shape sound. :call_me:

10. hakuzen
    yep, i use the same soundcard (ADC, E-MU 0404 USB) for every measure, and the same chi-pro rig for every iem measure. obviously, i've used different sources as output in my last graphs, but the same output gear for normal iem measures.
    My rig evolution

but they are not like hificris': we use different rigs (different sources, adc, coupler, and mic).

11. Wiljen
    Not sure on the DM5 but if they are 75% of the K3 they are still well above the Zs5/6. The K3 is amongst the best in ears I have had the chance to try in the under $250 range. I've wanted to get ahold of the LZ A4 to compare against the K3 since I think they should be on a similar level.

loomisjohnson and Fox2twenty like this.
  12. hakuzen
    btw, received the new grey silver plated ofc cable. it looks thicker coated; together with the coat color, you won't see oxidization :p
    quite soft and flexible.
    DC resistance: ~69Ω (like usual silver plated copper cable, but higher than the 6 cores + metallic plugs or the usual silver plated cable for zst i got from ali time ago)

HiFiChris and Fox2twenty like this.
  13. Superluc
    This one ? I also receive it myself, have you try it on the ZS6 ? I still have a lot to wait for mine pair...

Fox2twenty likes this.
  14. vector84
    The IEMatch output impedance is 1.0 (ultra) or 2.5 (high) - the whole point of it is a non-coloring attenuator.
    (and the Ear Buddy is ~1.5)

The whole point of what they're talking about is to add ~75 ohms of serial resistance - a very coloring attenuation :wink:

groucho69, HiFiChris and hakuzen like this.
  15. hakuzen
    yep, that one. i've not tried it yet

Fox2twenty likes this.