KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #182 of 1,358
The W4 and M200 sound nothing alike. You need to do your research and choose between those two base on what you think your favorite sound signature is. Both are excellent earphones, but you are highly risking disappointment if you're basing your decision on something like one has a detachable cable and the other doesn't.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #183 of 1,358
The W4 and M200 sound nothing alike. You need to do your research and choose between those two base on what you think your favorite sound signature is. Both are excellent earphones, but you are highly risking disappointment if you're basing your decision on something like one has a detachable cable and the other doesn't.

advise noted. thanks.

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #184 of 1,358
I talked with my friend who was using the Monster Trumpet tips and they have apparently broke so it looks like they are not going to work out for anyone leaning towards them as an option.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #185 of 1,358
Another thing beside the tips that KEF may have overlooked: there doesn't appear to be much protection from earwax/dust/etc. getting into the driver/housing. I don't know if long-term durability will actually be impacted at all by this design, but I think there's a reason why most other IEMs have more protective filters.

FVFIHB5.png

Quote:
I talked with my friend who was using the Monster Trumpet tips and they have apparently broke so it looks like they are not going to work out for anyone leaning towards them as an option.

RIP. M200 nozzles' first victims being shown who the real monsters are.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #186 of 1,358
Went to my largest UE900 tip and same comfort but even better sound! ...

But I did have the tip slide off the IEM and stay in my ear on one side. Kinda sad but it was easy to grab and the sound quality made it worth while. Sound wise it increased the bass quantity and punch while increasing the isolation and improving the intimacy a bit. I will accept pulling the tip out my ear for now and may design a ridge on the stem to help hold the tips on better.

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #188 of 1,358
I have to say I personally prefer the M200 over the M500 by quite a bit sonically and portably speaking.

You cant say that - I have my m500's on the way!

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #189 of 1,358
Ok I put the largest tip in my right ear and next one down in my left ear and I get a good seal in both ears without having the one tip coming off.

but I am going to create a ridge using some wire and a couple spots of glue to help keep the tips from sliding off. This may seem like a lot of effort but the UE900 tips are so comfortable and the M200 sounds so good it will be worth the effort.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #191 of 1,358
While waiting for the UE900 tips to arrive, I've settled on the short bi-flanges from Meelec. The longer bi-flange works well too but the short one resembles closest to the distance from driver to tip.

I also tried the TS series tips that came with the UE500 and S2 and the neck of the tip is too narrow and stiff to fit around that large nozzle. The UE500 single flange tips also work well.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #192 of 1,358
Quote:
While waiting for the UE900 tips to arrive, I've settled on the short bi-flanges from Meelec. The longer bi-flange works well too but the short one resembles closest to the distance from driver to tip.

I also tried the TS series tips that came with the UE500 and S2 and the neck of the tip is too narrow and stiff to fit around that large nozzle. The UE500 single flange tips also work well.

UE 500 is TS-200 I believe?

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #193 of 1,358
Quote:
Hmm, I think those are knockoffs. The UE900 tips are a blueish grey. Nice firm tips and the inside has an extra layer of silicon that's a different color than the rest of the body (like a white or clear color, I can't remember which one). The UE900 tips sound much better than the old UE tips that came on the TF10 (although I think those are very good tips too, but I haven't tried them on the M200). 

How different are the UE900 tips with the old UE TripleFi tips? My region only has those old UE TripleFi tips in stock rather than the new ones and I'm thinking whether they are worth buying even considering or not since they are pretty expensive

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #195 of 1,358
I just got some tips from meelec too.  In the short time I've tried the bi-flange one DannyBal shows above work for me.  Much easier to get a good seal and stays put better than the stock while moving my head around.  You have to stretch them to get them over the tip so I don't anticipate them coming off in the future when I remove the headphone.  I'll be interested in the comparison to the UE tips he has coming.

Thanks to Denis for the original suggestion  http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts5-cmb-50-bkgy.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back