KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #1,216 of 1,358
  What I really dig is how the highs sound so smooth in a good way, enough sparkle but never too harsh or shrill. l'm currently listening to tracks that l know very well and can tell exactly when other earphones sounded shrill. Also, and this is without a doubt, burn-in has helped them quite a bit. Out of the box they sounded good but highs felt a bit congested but the thing l noticed the most that they were not loud enough playing music but were plenty loud making phone calls. Left them with 20 hrs of pink noise burn in and then tracks and they got louder without a doubt. I wasn't using them in between and actually switched to my Denon which is my daily driver so I'm positive it wasn't a mental burn-in.
beyersmile.png

That's one of amazing things that M200 can do magically.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #1,217 of 1,358

That's one of amazing things that M200 can do magically.

It is pretty amazing. I had the UE900 for a long time and my biggest issue on top of the build quality was the the shrill highs. 
I have a pretty sensitive ears and l really don't like headphones and earphones with piercing highs. The M200 for me is a home run. 

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,218 of 1,358

On a side note, do you hear a driver flex-like sound when pushing them gently a little deeper into your ear canal? At first I thought it was a driver flex but it seems to be coming from the silicon tips and the tight seal, and it's consistent on both sides. 

Driver flex is usually the result of pressure build-up from a tight seal. Try opening your mouth and pulling your ear lobe as you push the IEM in. This should break the seal and prevent driver flex.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #1,219 of 1,358
Driver flex is usually the result of pressure build-up from a tight seal. Try opening your mouth and pulling your ear lobe as you push the IEM in. This should break the seal and prevent driver flex.

Yes, they are prone to a bit of driver flex, but only upon insertion. Not a big deal for me, at least. But the sound is heavenly. Glad to see that so many people picked up on the sale price – an unbelievable deal, for sure.

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,220 of 1,358
Yeah, I don't find the driver flex to be an issue at all. They are surprisingly very comfortable and the sound is excellent. Very balanced to my ears with great bass and touch of warm mids just enough to make it enjoyable and not boring. Awesome soundstage and even the highs after burn it sound more vivid. I'm glad picked these up.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #1,221 of 1,358
I opted for the m200 instead of the SW3 because of the obvious lower price and from reading the impressions m200 seemed to not have the shrill sound problem so many spoke of on the SW3 thread.

I just recieved my m200 today from Amazon(79$) They are big, light feeling, and feel slighty weird in the ears but stay in place nicely.

OOTB they remind me of my short-lived havi but these m200's have better vocals, a touch more sparkle, bass, and precise seperation. They also are hard to drive just like the havi. I'm on high gain already and plan to stay there. Hope they can last longer than the havi did cause I like what I hear so far.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,222 of 1,358
I opted for the m200 instead of the SW3 because of the obvious lower price and from reading the impressions m200 seemed to not have the shrill sound problem so many spoke of on the SW3 thread.

I just recieved my m200 today from Amazon(79$) They are big, light feeling, and feel slighty weird in the ears but stay in place nicely.

OOTB they remind me of my short-lived havi but these m200's have better vocals, a touch more sparkle, bass, and precise seperation. They also are hard to drive just like the havi. I'm on high gain already and plan to stay there. Hope they can last longer than the havi did cause I like what I hear so far.

Havi is a great product and one of the most cost effective one. But it cannot stand before M200. M200's soundstage is better than Havi, especially the soundstage height, which is much better than Havi. Havi has almost no bass. M200s is superior.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,224 of 1,358
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. If it has, please point me to the discussion... Has anyone tried 600 series Comply tips with the M200? I really think the 500 series is too tight a fit.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,225 of 1,358
Thought I'd share this here...
smile_phones.gif

By pure chance, I came by a local shop that had the Porsche Design Motion One (made by KEF) on display. I hadn't even known these existed. Anyway, I asked for an audition and they're really really good. Moderately (but tastefully) emphasized bass, clear mids and refined treble. Zero sibilance or harshness. Detachable earpieces that can be used either via cable or wireless BT-necklace, both included. Earpieces have a swivel mechanism, which makes them comfy to wear both downwards and over-ears, despite angled nozzles. Very nifty... you can tell that a great deal of thought has gone into the design. Decent isolation. Overall pretty good value imo, for 250 bucks.

Bottom line, these strike me as a nice upgrade for people who love the M200, but want a slightly more reference-like (less bassy) tuning, better ergonomics, and the option to go wireless.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,226 of 1,358
James, what is the isolation like in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back