Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Jul 4, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #152 of 730
hi, any news when we can buy the conquest

hqdefault.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #153 of 730
@MrTechAgent Stop posting photos and give us a BUY BUTTON!!!

I'm working on it day and night.

I have talked about this many times but we are doing almost everything in-house which is extremely rare in this industry.

To give you an example - 1 Stator takes around 6 hours to make, the major consumer of the machining time is the dimensional program which is highly critical in machining an Aluminium Stator compared to FR4 or even other machining processes, we use CNC although there are faster and better processes available albeit at a significantly higher cost.

Then the Spacers, our D/S gap is exactly 0.45mm and we keep an allowed tolerance of 0.01-0.02 across 200-250 points. This again takes a lot of time as if it's off, it's scrapped. We have maintained low-rejects due to our extremely skilled machinist who used to work in the Defense Industry machining Jet Engine replacement parts in Titanium.

Then the Headband assembly, it's all billet Aluminium. No 3D Printed components here. Again, more machining time.

Then, the 3D Printed parts that are manually sanded and perfected to look even better than an Injection Molded part.

Then, our own Diaphragms which isn't an issue as our family business is in Polymers and manufacturing the film at large-scale is not a problem.

The only part we don't make ourselves is the Earpad and that's the only part we have inventory to make over 5000 Headphones.

This is funny business and that's why you see so many failed Start-Up projects, they are trying to grow at a rate they will never be able to sustain. Companies like Sennheiser and beyerdynamic took years and years to reach at the level they are right now.
The concept of growing like a "Tech" company doesn't work in Manufacturing and that's the primary reason why we don't do Pre-Orders or Crowdfunding. I personally think all of that will always end up badly and almost always end up hurting the Customer.

The entire RR1 project was started to make me happy, it brings me some sort of joy that we do everything in-house while majority of the people in the industry simply outsource and don't want to deal with the trouble.

In the end, we are scaling up and improving our output rates everyday. We could just go with all our files and contract it to somebody but what's the fun in that?

Thanks for your support, I just ask some patience. We have already lost a lot of Customers who wanted to buy on the spot but we had no choice but to tell them no.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #154 of 730
I've had my eye's on these ever since this thread was made and can wait as long as it takes. Still trying to tweak my estat rig (want to get a tube amp/buffer in the chain... probably a Project ember II) and hopefully have it ready by the time the RR 1 Conquest becomes available to purchase.

Just got in a Koss ESP95X energizer today that Spritzer was selling... going to use it to help sell my L300 I have listed, make a starter set for cheap. Testing it with my L300 Limited on my Gustard X20U DAC with Schiit EITR and Loki.... very nice, warm, full, punchy sound! Fuller sounding than my estat rig, but not as clean or precise - notes more rounded off. That sale will help fund/offset cost of the RR 1 for me...

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #155 of 730
I'm working on it day and night.

I have talked about this many times but we are doing almost everything in-house which is extremely rare in this industry.

To give you an example - 1 Stator takes around 6 hours to make, the major consumer of the machining time is the dimensional program which is highly critical in machining an Aluminium Stator compared to FR4 or even other machining processes, we use CNC although there are faster and better processes available albeit at a significantly higher cost.

Then the Spacers, our D/S gap is exactly 0.45mm and we keep an allowed tolerance of 0.01-0.02 across 200-250 points. This again takes a lot of time as if it's off, it's scrapped. We have maintained low-rejects due to our extremely skilled machinist who used to work in the Defense Industry machining Jet Engine replacement parts in Titanium.

Then the Headband assembly, it's all billet Aluminium. No 3D Printed components here. Again, more machining time.

Then, the 3D Printed parts that are manually sanded and perfected to look even better than an Injection Molded part.

Then, our own Diaphragms which isn't an issue as our family business is in Polymers and manufacturing the film at large-scale is not a problem.

The only part we don't make ourselves is the Earpad and that's the only part we have inventory to make over 5000 Headphones.

This is funny business and that's why you see so many failed Start-Up projects, they are trying to grow at a rate they will never be able to sustain. Companies like Sennheiser and beyerdynamic took years and years to reach at the level they are right now.
The concept of growing like a "Tech" company doesn't work in Manufacturing and that's the primary reason why we don't do Pre-Orders or Crowdfunding. I personally think all of that will always end up badly and almost always end up hurting the Customer.

The entire RR1 project was started to make me happy, it brings me some sort of joy that we do everything in-house while majority of the people in the industry simply outsource and don't want to deal with the trouble.

In the end, we are scaling up and improving our output rates everyday. We could just go with all our files and contract it to somebody but what's the fun in that?

Thanks for your support, I just ask some patience. We have already lost a lot of Customers who wanted to buy on the spot but we had no choice but to tell them no.

Well said, carry on, carrying on.:beerchug:

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #156 of 730
This could be an awesome deal. I have the Koss ESP 950 and E90 set, and if this headphone can be used with the E90 and sound good, then I am in.

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #160 of 730
oops, error post, was thinking Koss -> Stax instead of the other way around.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #161 of 730
What is the position quality of this headphone ? It's really a SR-007-like standard for 500$ or a L300/koss-like? Jude said this headphone is fantastic, but I need more feedback !
Why do you think that L300 or Koss worst then 007 ?
He showed some pages before with the comparison with 009 and he creat this headphones to compare in this league.
spriyzer approve in his feedback that this headphones stand with the standarts of Koss and even with bass response improvement.
MrTechAgent/Aumkar said that Sennheiser Orpheos HE1 offers more in sound quality (but it price is insane as you know)
Jude compered the 009 with Orpheos in previuse CanJam, and preffer only by small improvement the Orpheos..

I still cant understand how could you intruduce in CanJam only one set of headphones.
Yes, I know that is your's 3+ years of research, building and development and you planned much more headphones to release such as "Kaldas Research DTM1K" that shown first on your headphones list top with the "Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest",
that I always intersted to see how they looks and hear them.
Do you plan any new headphones in the future?

I really like to follow this thread and read much as I can for any news about this headphones that you are manifactor.
Good luck and thank you for your hard efforts for audio and headphones world.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #162 of 730
Why do you think that L300 or Koss worst then 007 ?
He showed some pages before with the comparison with 009 and he creat this headphones to compare in this league.
spriyzer approve in his feedback that this headphones stand with the standarts of Koss and even with bass response improvement.
MrTechAgent/Aumkar said that Sennheiser Orpheos HE1 offers more in sound quality (but it price is insane as you know)
Jude compered the 009 with Orpheos in previuse CanJam, and preffer only by small improvement the Orpheos..

I still cant understand how could you intruduce in CanJam only one set of headphones.
Yes, I know that is your's 3+ years of research, building and development and you planned much more headphones to release such as "Kaldas Research DTM1K" that shown first on your headphones list top with the "Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest",
that I always intersted to see how they looks and hear them.
Do you plan any new headphones in the future?

I really like to follow this thread and read much as I can for any news about this headphones that you are manifactor.
Good luck and thank you for your hard efforts for audio and headphones world.

The DTM1K was a design I made 8 years ago, it used Beyerdynamic DT150 Drivers. It's not a new Headphone, in fact it's pretty terrible.

No new Headphones right now, the production and QC of the RR1 is my priority right now.
I'm not interested in the concept of launching new Headphones with incremental upgrades.

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #163 of 730
Wanted to share this, here's a one-off RR1 we made for a Customer through our Bespoke program.

1.JPG 8.JPG 13.JPG 10.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 4.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG 7.JPG 9.JPG

Some more updates -

1) Our Production is coming along, we will be taking orders through our website in a couple of months, again no date yet.
As mentioned before, it's hard to Manufacture the RR1 so orders on the website will be variable with stock. We will only take your order if we have it in our Inventory.

2) Next month I'm flying to Bangkok to meet with a very special person, a personal Hero of mine and a very important figure in the DIY community. He's an Electrostatic Maestro and he'll be getting his RR1's soon.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 1, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #164 of 730

Users who are viewing this thread

Back