JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 14, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #181 of 1,764
I really hope Someone get them and then don't like them and sell them here.I am dying to get a pair as my dad took my fx500 and he want to purchase it from me.this is the perfect time for an upgrade excuse
biggrin.gif
.Joe,if you don't like them and want to sell,pm me,from what I read so far they seem like a terrible iem that won't suit you
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #182 of 1,764
ericp10;6556303 said:
Midoo, I thought you and I were cool? I didn't need to know all this about timbre.. Why? lol... And Chris, come on man, the script is not that complicated! Then Average Joe has to chime in too? LOL... (repeats to self) "I will not be assimilated ... I will not be assimilated...Must reeeee---sist!!"

@ericp ,hey ericp ,i can see you putting your mds up for sell soon , and your be getting these jvc ex700s, lol
popcorn.gif
:
o2smile.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #183 of 1,764
They are light years better than the a well burned in FX500 out of the box without any burn in. Highs are not harsh, mids are not recessed, just nice, detailed, dynamic goodness.

Er, I mean they are barely listenable they are so bad!

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #184 of 1,764
oh no,it seems that fx700 wont part your house.its good to know that they are better than fx500.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #185 of 1,764
lucozade;6559197 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Midoo, I thought you and I were cool? I didn't need to know all this about timbre.. Why? lol... And Chris, come on man, the script is not that complicated! Then Average Joe has to chime in too? LOL... (repeats to self) "I will not be assimilated ... I will not be assimilated...Must reeeee---sist!!"

@ericp ,hey ericp ,i can see you putting your mds up for sell soon , and your be getting these jvc ex700s, lol
popcorn.gif
:
o2smile.gif

lol... very funny @ luco....but no... if I were to decide to get the 700s, the MDs will remain in the family... I like them too much - same with the Ortos... But it's time for you to catch up @ luco buddy. You can buy the 700s, not like them and sell them to me...haha...
k701smile.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #186 of 1,764
@ericp ,if the 700s were available here in england id already have them buddy, but it seems a lot of hassel shipping them from japan and english customs is not the fastest,dont think ive got the paitants to wait for them .

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #187 of 1,764
WOuld it be slow even if it was shipped from EMS? I used that once and it came pretty fast although customs usually isn't too bad here. You got like 10 iem's anyway so I'm sure you can wait a bit :p

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #188 of 1,764
@ dont know ,not heard of them,but when ive bought stuff from the american amazon .com or there market place sellers its always taken 21 days to reach england and then a few days to get through customs
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #189 of 1,764
Bah, my priorities of audio upgrades means I won't be getting this in a while
frown.gif
(upgrading my source to a Gamma2 DAC on my home rig).
A modded FX500 does do wonders and is far better sounding than stock.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #190 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding vocals, they are certainly quite recessed on the FX500 and noticably improved on the FX700, but you can bring out the mids nicely on the FX500 with a simple foam mod.

What's easier is actually a change of tips tbh. I've found the Head-Direct coloured biflanges to be the best and I've experimented with many tips. The foam mod is very hit and miss.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #191 of 1,764
Question for James and Chris:

So, it seems that I can get the Panasonic HJE900 and FX500 for the same price as one FX700. With that said, how does the Pannies compare to the FX700? And how much more would I be losing in timbre and tone if I got the FX500 instead FX700? I understand the treble part, but you both know I'm not huge on treble and the MD's treble are just fine for me. Now, recessed mids are a concern for me, but are the FX500 mids close to the FX700 mids with a mod? This will help me decide if the FX700 is worth it for me... Thanks.

Apr 15, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #192 of 1,764
eric-
Unfortunately I can only speak of the FX500's from memory. But from what I'm hearing with the FX700's, I'd say they're a healthy step up. As to whether it's worth going for them over the Pannies & FX500's, it's hard to say. With the FX700's there is no worry at all about recessed mids, trust me! They sound wonderful. Vocals are very present, and intimate, yet large and very 'human' sounding.

I can also say that I have never heard the balance of detail, dynamics, timbre, and 'rightness' that I'm hearing with these. I've never considered myself to be overly demanding to have the highest treble extension and detail, but it's so nice to hear that quality with these. If I were to offer any definitive advice, I'd say to try these and don't look back. You'd always be wondering 'what if' with either/both of the other phones I would think....

Apr 15, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #193 of 1,764
Quote:

So, it seems that I can get the Panasonic HJE900 and FX500 for the same price as one FX700. With that said, how does the Pannies compare to the FX700? And how much more would I be losing in timbre and tone if I got the FX500 instead FX700? I understand the treble part, but you both know I'm not huge on treble and the MD's treble are just fine for me. Now, recessed mids are a concern for me, but are the FX500 mids close to the FX700 mids with a mod? This will help me decide if the FX700 is worth it for me... Thanks.

Judging from what I've read about you and the relevant IEMs, it seems like you might be happier with the FX700 than the pannies and FX500, which both have u-shaped responses(the FX500 apparently significantly more so), although maybe it would be good for you to have something less mid-centric in what seems like quite the mid centric arsenal you have. The TF10 is on the bottom of your BA list and thats the only one in your sig I know to be U shaped =P

That said, I've only heard the HJE900s, and I think you might really enjoy it's imaging and soundstage. I know you like Jazz, and in terms of those factors, at least, these suit the genre. I don't really know much, I haven't heard many IEMs besides cheapies like marshmallows and Skull candies, but from what I can gather, I like these a lot for Jazz. People usually rec mid-centric phones for Jazz, but I think the imaging and soundstage on these are what make me love Jazz with them. It's an intimate soundstage that's quite realistic feeling. More small jazz-clubby.

Speaking of jazz, Slide Hampton is going to be performing at my school Sunday. I'm excited ^_^

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #194 of 1,764
Chris and Napilopez:

Excellent points and great cases made for the FX700!! I do remember James saying that the sound sig of the Pannies reminds him somewhat of the Ortos. If that is the case, I'm happy to let the Orto stand alone. But if Chris is saying the FX700 is better and has more details than the Copper (and the nuances he recalls with the Miles), these might be the phone for me. So although I'm sure James will chime in later, you guys have me leaning toward the 700... Thanks again

Napilopez what at treat!! I'm sure you will enjoy the great Slide Hampton. Man, I love trombone in jazz!! Enjoy buddy!!

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #195 of 1,764
Quote:

I think the FX700 competes with the top tier IEMs, but, while sometimes close, the FX500 is not on the same level. From what I have read, the Panny is also a step down. So, if you want two IEMs that probably will fall somewhere between the IE8 and Rain, go for the Panny and FX500. If you want something that may give the MD and Copper a run for their money, get the FX700.

I haven't had much ear time with the FX yet, but I agree with all James said about them (great assesment). Their transparency is nowhere near the GR8 or e-Q7, but they are very fun! I need to let them burn in before really making any assesments, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back