JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 13, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #151 of 1,764
I really need to hear one of these iem's one day. This famous JVC timbre is starting to really intrigue me lol

@koonhua: I have doubts that any iem's at this range would be better in all ways. My guess is that it's just a different flavor unfortunately. Severe diminishing gains at this price range for universals :T

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #152 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, can't wait for your comparison for Monsters Miles Davis and FX-700.

Contrary to what Duncan said, I actually hope that they can compete with the Miles Davis
very_evil_smiley.gif
, which has received a lot a lot of attention lately. I mean, FX-700 comes at a pricetag of ~$330, while the Miles Davis can be bought with $250 at onecall.com, if FX-700 is not equal/better than Miles Davis, then it will really be kind of overpriced.

Hopefully it's really good, so more people will get it, and then more reviews, more competition, and price will go down
ksc75smile.gif

Slightly off-topic, but...

The Miles Davis can be had for $250 at onecall? Were you quoted that as a my price? The lowest I've heard of one call going is $320. JR is doing $260 [if they get them back in stock].

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #153 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really need to hear one of these iem's one day. This famous JVC timbre is starting to really intrigue me lol

@koonhua: I have doubts that any iem's at this range would be better in all ways. My guess is that it's just a different flavor unfortunately. Severe diminishing gains at this price range for universals :T

Agreed, I have heard a lot about the sibilance/harshness with the treble on FX-500, if JVC improve on its bass, and fix the sibilance on FX-500, I'd say it's some pretty darn good IEM. Maybe I should get this, so both me and my friend can have a listen to both FX-700 and the Miles Davis he has....
darthsmile.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #154 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly off-topic, but...

The Miles Davis can be had for $250 at onecall? Were you quoted that as a my price? The lowest I've heard of one call going is $320. JR is doing $260 [if they get them back in stock].

Oh yes, I quoted $250, and they did offer me. But I believe this should be the older batch, so it does not come with the new monster tip (my friend got it). Too bad I am aiming for JH now, and I don't want to get something that's almost in the same league as my IE8, if not I'd definitely get it.

Even as I say so, there's no guarantee that they still have the Miles Davis in stock. I got the offer, like, a few days ago. Much could have happened...

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #155 of 1,764
Having my first listen.... I'm glad they made it in today.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #156 of 1,764
And... Very initial impressions?

You're going to kill my bank balance aren't you Chris lol

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #157 of 1,764
Ha ha ha! Yes, our wallets are never safe when the usual suspects seem to be congregating around the same new models!

My first observation is that they're more open than the Coppers. They're very very detailed, and while I haven't gone to my test tracks for harshness yet, they seem to be smoother than I remember the FX500's. Bass is nice and deep and weighty, and the timbre that james mentioned is indeed there in spades... I'm hoping the soundstage opens up some with burn in, like I remember the FX500's doing.

Initial observations are very good to start!

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #158 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having my first listen....
I'm glad they made it in today.

Me too. Now stop teasing and spit out some impressions
ksc75smile.gif

EDIT: Ha ha ha ha. Look at the time of your last post. We posted simultaneously!

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #159 of 1,764
Ut oh! Oh no @ Chris. You are not following the script...lol. Please hate them. I don't need both you and James loving these iems. HATE THEM NOW @ CHRIS!! LOL...Please?

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #160 of 1,764
And please say they don't do strings anywhere near the quality of the Miles Davis' lol

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #162 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
start taking your credit/debit card out ericp :p

Stop that @ rawster!! lol

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #164 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason that stops me from getting Miles Davis @ $250 offer is because this up and coming FX-700 woody...

Miles is an excellent deal @ $250, I would grab it!

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #165 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miles is an excellent deal @ $250, I would grab it!

I know, but since my friend already has it, I figure why don't I get this one instead, since I love natural timbre, and I'm curious about what this woody has to offer. The more(IEMs) the merrier, isn't it?
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back