JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #3,258 of 4,826
I don't have a problem with hip hop in general, but there is a lot of it that just doesn't have the oomph that others do. Like Antidote by Travis Scott hits real hard. So does Where Ya At by Future.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #3,260 of 4,826
Hmm guys, i just ordered the sz1k, after reading some, is the stock pads really that bad? Do i really need to change it? If so, what pads are the best for this?

Also, which EQ is the best? Virtual EQ or Analog EQ?

Thanks guys

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #3,261 of 4,826
Hmm guys, i just ordered the sz1k, after reading some, is the stock pads really that bad? Do i really need to change it? If so, what pads are the best for this?

Also, which EQ is the best? Virtual EQ or Analog EQ?

Thanks guys

Any EQ works! Some people like hardware EQ, i use a software EQ.

The stock pads are pretty bad yeah. They are not bad on other headphones, but they suck for the SZ's. HM5 pads or anything else that size will work but it's been known that pads from the ham55x/77x are great too.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #3,265 of 4,826
You're in for a great bass ride!
basshead.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,266 of 4,826
For as much as we get asked about amps and EQ, we should really get EQ and amp info for the SZ1K's and SZ2K's stickied. lol

The Fiio A3, Fiio E12, or Cayin C5 can amp these cans to perditions flames if you want to take them that far.

I personally like external EQ's rather then software EQ. If your your not connected to an external DAC and are running directly off your headphone jack, you might find software EQ to be less then desired. This is because the pre-amp in your phone, computer, or many other music sources lack line level amplification. My personal setup however is home theater, so it just made even more logical sense to get an external EQ box and set it up so all sources running through my tv get equalized. Hardware based EQ's have their own amplification, and they have a transformer large enough to provide the output.

However, if in your case you are going portable with your phone, I would highly recommend that you get the Fiio E18 DAC/AMP combo, then you can do software based EQ on your phone and it should work out perfectly. Since I am not the type of person who likes to talk out their *** about the stuff I speak, I will provide a picture of my latest EQ settings so that you know how you can get the most out of them. Oh and don't forget these have burn in, so the longer you use them, the better they sound. :)

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #3,267 of 4,826
I run my SZ2000 like this: FLAC files on NAS box -> Aorus laptop -> Sound Blaster E5 on low gain. I don't take my SZ2000's out of the house cuz they are massive lol.

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #3,268 of 4,826
Glad to hear the homie @chicken beer is in the SZ club!
Get some replacement pads for those ASAP. I think you will find the stock pads will be useful on other headphones this size but pretty miserable on the SZ themselves.
If you have any HM5 pads or anything similar those will do the job fine. I like the velour ones... the hm5 ones tend to put your ear farther away from the driver which will increase detailing but decrease impact.
Either way grab your most powerful amp and get the EQ ready cause you're in for a ride!
I liked the E5 as a DAC but found it lacked the power to make the SZ's actually rumble. When they get to physical shaking is the reason to have these.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #3,269 of 4,826
Glad to hear the homie @chicken beer
is in the SZ club!
Get some replacement pads for those ASAP. I think you will find the stock pads will be useful on other headphones this size but pretty miserable on the SZ themselves.
If you have any HM5 pads or anything similar those will do the job fine. I like the velour ones... the hm5 ones tend to put your ear farther away from the driver which will increase detailing but decrease impact.
Either way grab your most powerful amp and get the EQ ready cause you're in for a ride!
I liked the E5 as a DAC but found it lacked the power to make the SZ's actually rumble. When they get to physical shaking is the reason to have these.

Man! Buying pads righty!

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #3,270 of 4,826

Weird, my E5 rocks the JVC even on low gain, although it does require 70% or more volume to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back